Page 807 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 30770775779780380480580680780880981081181785790713071807 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    ... if she can't vote illegally, how does she think they are?
    Because Fox News is always talking about how Biden and The Dems want to rig the election by giving the vote to illegal immigrants. And like Most Republicans who watch Fox News she has twisted things to fit hat she wants to believe.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm pretty sure Pence and Trump aren't trying to infect Biden and Harris. Among other problems, it would be a really bad headline.
    Because if all of us know one thing, it's that Trump hates to do something cruel and stupid because it would generate bad headlines.

*cough*family separation*cough*
    *cough*attackGoldStarfamilies*cough*
    *cough*claimwomenlieaboutbeingsexuallyassaulted*co ugh*

Sorry about all the coughing, I hope I haven't caught Covid-19 from some Republicans who seem content to willfully be spreading the disease across Washington like they did in multiple state legislatures over the summer and are now doing in Washington.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yes we all know how worried these two gents are about reputation.

But how can you be pretty sure they aren’t trying to infect Biden and Harris? What evidence do you have for that claim?
    Logically, the idea that an elected official is obviously trying to infect another with a dangerous disease is rather extreme, so the onus is on whoever is making the claim to prove it.

The claim doesn't just require Pence to be reckless. It isn't even enough for him to lie about being sick. The claim requires there to be so much evidence for this that it is obvious.

It also requires several things to occur. Pence would need to have contracted COVID, lie about it and believe that plexiglass won't be enough to protect Kamala Harris.

If Pence has COVID, we'll know within a few days. If he doesn't, the speculation falls apart.

I will note that Pence does seem to care about his reputation. He's not going to do well with liberals, but swing voters would be pissed off it comes out that he intentionally tried to get a political opponent sick. By all accounts, he is a religious man who wants to be President.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Because Fox News is always talking about how Biden and The Dems want to rig the election by giving the vote to illegal immigrants. And like Most Republicans who watch Fox News she has twisted things to fit hat she wants to believe.
    Have you considered using the parental controls on her remote to block the Fox News Channel as a means of improving her mental health?

Not joking.

Astonishing Member

Just like last time, I'm not taking anything for granted until the final tally.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Same. Hope shan't take hold in my bosom until its all over.

Well sure, I get why she thinks illegal immigrants are going to vote. But I mean, how does she think that works? Like, it would be less an issue, if she weren't complaining about how she can't vote, just for having missed a deadline. If we're talking about people who legally need to remain undocumented, how does she think they're possibly voting? I mean, voting requires documents.

But hey, understood if you'd rather avoid the headache of trying to have that conversation with her! Just saying, I don't get it...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'm not taking down-ballot stuff seriously. The privilege of getting to send Trump AND McSally packing is too tempting.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

You told her to register for weeks. Her damn fault she didn't.

I voted in the primaries and I'm not bothering with election day chaos. I'm voting early.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Logically, the idea that an elected official is obviously trying to infect another with a dangerous disease is rather extreme, so the onus is on whoever is making the claim to prove it.
    The proof is:
    1) Trump knew about the severity of Coronavirus earlier this year as per Woodward and intentionally lied and misled the public. If Trump knew, one can assume Pence knew.

2) Pence and others have consistently failed to uphold and practice basic protocols. Pence himself has written science denialist articles about "There is no Covid Second Wave" (which is true in the technical sense since the first wave has been kept ongoing there won't be a practical difference when the second wave hits America).

3) Pence as Governor of Indiana has a terrible public health record in managing the AIDS crisis, demonstrating a repeated pattern of negligence and callousness to human suffering.

4) Pence's team was openly and cruelly attacking Harris' team for being picky about safety protocols, which doesn't display consideration for the fellow debater especially given Pence was maskless and in attendance for the Rose Garden Massacre.

The claim requires there to be so much evidence for this that it is obvious.
    Points 1-4.

Pence would need to have contracted COVID, lie about it and believe that plexiglass won't be enough to protect Kamala Harris.
    One can be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus you know. One can also have staff members who are symptomatic but who hide their latest test results (which we have evidence that Trump's staff have a pattern of doing, as well as other Republican politicians).

If Pence has COVID, we'll know within a few days.
    I don't know where you have been since March but the fact is it was told early in the year that one can be asymptomatic and carry the virus. That's why it's important people wear masks and practice social distancing.

I will note that Pence does seem to care about his reputation.
    If he did he wouldn't have let his constituents die in Indiana, and he wouldn't have accepted Trump's offer of VP.

He's not going to do well with liberals, but swing voters would be pissed off it comes out that he intentionally tried to get a political opponent sick.
    Swing voters don't like him enough as it is.

By all accounts, he is a religious man who wants to be President.
    You say "religious man" as if that is some inherently positive attribute. It's a neutral one. One can be religious and be a decent person. One can be religious and be Mike Pence and be pathologically homophobic.

Mighty Member

You say "religious man" as if that is some inherently positive attribute. It's a neutral one. One can be religious and be a decent person. One can be religious and be Mike Pence and be pathologically homophobic.
    I was going to say. After all it was religious men who flew planes into buildings...

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

VP debates are starting and those tables are way too close. It should be further away.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

VP debates are starting and those tables are way too close. It should be further away.
    Yeah, I saw the images earlier. That looked awful.