Page 815 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 31571576580581181281381481581681781881982586591513151815 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I was noticing something odd about Pence's eyes.

A lot on twitter say he has pinkeye or conjunctivitis which is a potential COVID symptom.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ring-vp-debate
    We'll likely learn about this specific question within a week.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing that stands out to me.

Harris said she would be a partner for Biden. While Pence said he would be a loyal soldier. So one who will speak her mind and help direct policy vs a lackey who will roll over and do what ever he is told.

But lets be honest thats all Trump wanted in a VP. Someone who will never come close to outshine him or stand up to him in any way.
    True, but there's not much room for a VP to defy his boss in any case. There's not much instance of that happening, not since Jefferson tried to shanghai Burr in any case.

Invincible Member

I was noticing something odd about Pence's eyes.

A lot on twitter say he has pinkeye or conjunctivitis which is a potential COVID symptom.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ring-vp-debate
    Yeah, they said something similar on the George Stephanopoulos panel. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Pence has virus.

True, but there's not much room for a VP to defy his boss in any case. There's not much instance of that happening, not since Jefferson tried to shanghai Burr in any case.
    I don't see this happening with Biden because he's loyal.

In comparison, Trump is not. He cares about his own interests a lot more than he does about the American people, or the Republican party.

I think both candidates did okay, but Harris won the debate. She had less to lose, and she didn't screw up. Should Trump pull off a win, she'll be the favorite for the Democratic nominate in 2024. And if Biden wins, which remains quote likely, she'll be a running mate who is simultaneously groundbreaking but bland enough to avoid serious opposition. She'll have the establishment along with progressive activists who think a woman of color should be President.

Pence might be the frontrunner for 2024, but that's because name recognition gives him a better chance than all of the potential opponents (He has a better shot than Rubio, but not a better shot than Rubio, Haley, Cotton and Hawley combined.) Harris has a much better than even chance of being the nominee in the next cycle.

* Edit- There is a nontrivial possibility that Harris didn't go after Pence harder because she thinks he'll be easier to beat next time around than Rubio or Hogan.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 10-07-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The only person Pence outperformed was the moderator, and I'm including the fly in that assessment.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'll be honest. I was doing other stuff while listening to the debate, so I wasn't familiar with anything to do with the fly that landed on Pence for two minutes.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Pence's contempt for women was on full display tonight.

And again, the debate rules need to include a clause that at the end of each candidates two minutes, their mic cuts off. Period. Whether they're done talking or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'll be honest. I was doing other stuff while listening to the debate, so I wasn't familiar with anything to do with the fly that landed on Pence for two minutes.
    The internet is already referring to that fly as Pence's only black friend...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

The Fly was jamming to this for sure.

"It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky
    The universe exploded 'cause of one man's lie"

I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Right out of the end of Psycho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Right out of the end of Psycho.

What with his obsession with mother.

Bates would totally vote Trump-Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't see this happening with Biden because he's loyal.

In comparison, Trump is not. He cares about his own interests a lot more than he does about the American people, or the Republican party.

I think both candidates did okay, but Harris won the debate. She had less to lose, and she didn't screw up. Should Trump pull off a win, she'll be the favorite for the Democratic nominate in 2024. And if Biden wins, which remains quote likely, she'll be a running mate who is simultaneously groundbreaking but bland enough to avoid serious opposition. She'll have the establishment along with progressive activists who think a woman of color should be President.

Pence might be the frontrunner for 2024, but that's because name recognition gives him a better chance than all of the potential opponents (He has a better shot than Rubio, but not a better shot than Rubio, Haley, Cotton and Hawley combined.) Harris has a much better than even chance of being the nominee in the next cycle.

* Edit- There is a nontrivial possibility that Harris didn't go after Pence harder because she thinks he'll be easier to beat next time around than Rubio or Hogan.
    Harris definitely won. Pence did a good job but he was hamstrung from the start. He had the job of claiming a president who said it was all a hoax actually informed the people in a timely manner and hasn't lied when his lies are recorded constantly. He had to constantly spout misinformation and lies himself.

I just hope it affects the swing voters because nothing is going to change the "minds" of the Trump personality cult.
    Power with Girl is better.