Page 817 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 31771776780781381481581681781881982082182786791713171817 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That didn’t take long.

https://store.joebiden.com/truth-ove...s-fly-swatter/

Attachment 101250

Plan the debate so it happens as he’s coming down from all the steroids.
    Say what you want about Biden's campaign but they've been pretty good at quips like this.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely brutal editorial denouncing the Trump administrations handling of Covid 19 by the New England Journal of Medicine. This is what you link to when you want to know what medical professionals feel was the mistakes made by Trump.

Throughout its 208-year history, The New England Journal of Medicine has remained staunchly nonpartisan. The world’s most prestigious medical journal has never supported or condemned a political candidate.

Until now.

In an editorial signed by 34 editors who are United States citizens (one editor is not) and published on Wednesday, the journal said the Trump administration had responded so poorly to the coronavirus pandemic that they “have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/h...nal-trump.html

Dying in a Leadership Vacuum

The United States came into this crisis with enormous advantages. Along with tremendous manufacturing capacity, we have a biomedical research system that is the envy of the world. We have enormous expertise in public health, health policy, and basic biology and have consistently been able to turn that expertise into new therapies and preventive measures. And much of that national expertise resides in government institutions. Yet our leaders have largely chosen to ignore and even denigrate experts.
    The response of our nation’s leaders has been consistently inadequate. The federal government has largely abandoned disease control to the states. Governors have varied in their responses, not so much by party as by competence. But whatever their competence, governors do not have the tools that Washington controls. Instead of using those tools, the federal government has undermined them. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which was the world’s leading disease response organization, has been eviscerated and has suffered dramatic testing and policy failures. The National Institutes of Health have played a key role in vaccine development but have been excluded from much crucial government decision making. And the Food and Drug Administration has been shamefully politicized,3 appearing to respond to pressure from the administration rather than scientific evidence. Our current leaders have undercut trust in science and in government,4 causing damage that will certainly outlast them. Instead of relying on expertise, the administration has turned to uninformed “opinion leaders” and charlatans who obscure the truth and facilitate the promulgation of outright lies.

California “Cops Voter Guide”

BBBEB90F-372F-4C7C-AF54-47839563D589.jpg

Probably should have worded that a little differently before sending it out. But what do I know?
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-08-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Absolutely brutal editorial denouncing the Trump administrations handling of Covid 19 by the New England Journal of Medicine. This is what you link to when you want to know what medical professionals feel was the mistakes made by Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/h...nal-trump.html

Dying in a Leadership Vacuum
    No surprise there.

The further you move away from the political center the wackier the people in power get, and Trump, Roger Stone, and Sebastain Gorka are all a whole lot of whacky.

Think we have a fresh one for you, WBE.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tony-...212514272.html

Is the Ku Klux Klan a terrorist group? Texas Republican congressional candidate Tony Gonzales dodged the question multiple times in an awkward exchange with a local talk show host.

Gonzales spent two solid minutes avoiding the question in an interview posted last Thursday on “The Carpenters Apprentice,” a San Antonio-based talk show that streams on Instagram.

Seated close to his guest (with neither wearing a mask) in a what appears to be a bar and with a bottle of Tito’s Vodka on the table, the host brought up a pro-Gonzales campaign ad that claims he is committed to designating “violent gangs like MS-13 as terrorists.” The ad is funded by Future Leaders Fund, a super PAC founded by retiring GOP Rep. Will Hurd, who currently represents the seat Gonzales is running for. The group has spent nearly $200,000 in support of Gonzales’ campaign.

Trump says he doesn’t like idea of virtual debate because “they cut you off whenever they want.”

LOL Best excuse I've seen outside of COVID to have a Virtual Debate.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump says he doesn’t like idea of virtual debate because “they cut you off whenever they want.”

LOL Best excuse I've seen outside of COVID to have a Virtual Debate.
    I know, right? He’d have to play by the rules and, more importantly, not spread germs everywhere.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I know, right? He’d have to play by the rules and, more importantly, not spread germs everywhere.
    Above all, Biden. Who he wants to infect.

Maya Wiley Enters N.Y.C. Mayor’s Race: ‘I Am Not a Conventional Candidate’

Maya D. Wiley, a former top lawyer for Mayor Bill de Blasio who has gained a national following as a political and legal analyst for MSNBC, announced her run for mayor of New York City on Wednesday night and immediately sought to distance herself from her former boss.

In a campaign launch video, Ms. Wiley, a political novice, pointedly did not mention Mr. de Blasio by name, but invoked his tenure as she pointed to a “crisis of confidence in our city’s leadership.”

“Some will say I don’t sound like past mayors or look like them or think like them, and I say yes, I don’t — that is the point,” said Ms. Wiley, who is Black. “I am not a conventional candidate. But changing it up isn’t the risk. Electing the same kinds of people, bringing the same old broken promises over and over again and expecting things will be different — that’s the risk we can’t afford right now.”

Her announcement had been expected for months after Ms. Wiley left her role at MSNBC in July to explore a run. The mayor’s race next year has been reshaped by the pandemic and by massive Black Lives Matter protests in the city.
    When was the last time NYC had a woman as Mayor? Checked it out, all previous mayors were men, and only one, David Dinkins, was Black.

Column: The fly on Mike Pence’s head during the vice-presidential debate: A transcript

I doubt many Americans could understand what that fly was saying during the debate. Our educational system has never prioritized Diptera-as-a-second-language classes. Fortunately, I am fluent in fly, and the winged insect’s comments were picked up clearly on Pence’s microphone.

As a service to my fellow Americans, those rooting for Pence as well as supporters of Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris, I am happy to provide the following transcript:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh man, what is this stuff I’m on, snow? Nah, it’s not cold. Kinda sticky, though.

Whoa, I’m on some dude’s hair! Oh, bug, I must be standing out like a sore leg segment. Hope there aren’t any frogs around.

This dude better not try to swat me. I’ve still got a good 15 days left. Last thing I need is to get squashed on some human’s helmet head.

What’s with all the lights? Are those cameras? COOL! Hey, look at me, focus on me! Hey, I’m a fly, check out these wings.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Man, that’s fun to say. I never get sick of that.

Wow, this guy sure talks a lot. Let me listen.

Hold up, hold up. Is this the vice president? Did I land on the head of the (expletive) vice president?!? Oh, man. HEY DAN, YOU WATCHIN' THIS? I’M GONNA SPIT ON THE VICE PRESIDENT’S HEAD!

Boy, I hope my brother Dan’s watching. He’ll be so freakin' jealous.

Man, does this guy ever shut up? That lady over there who’s asking the questions seems to want him to stop talking but he just keeps going.

C’mon, dude. Shut up! She’s asking you nicely, man.

Well if nothing else, this was a return to "politics as usual."

I am in no way defending Pence, but it's pretty faint praise to claim Harris won when she only managed to answer two direct questions the whole time. Pence himself I don't think managed to answer a single direct question the entire night. Harris definitely came across as more compassionate, but she also appeared too afraid to give straight answers that could give the Faux News crowd attack points.

The moderator was absolute shite. Cut the mics when their time is up, and hold their feet to the fire when they refuse to answer direct questions.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

I'm just reading that Trump is totally against virtual debates. This strikes me as beyond weird.

The last debate was a total disaster and even conservative pollsters like Rasmussen have Trump losing by double digits to Biden after the debate.

Trump needs to turn around his campaign with a good debate but he seems stuck on the idea of face to face shouting and ranting.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well, Senator Mike Lee is tweeting at 1 am and going off the rails.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm just reading that Trump is totally against virtual debates. This strikes me as beyond weird.

The last debate was a total disaster and even conservative pollsters like Rasmussen have Trump losing by double digits to Biden after the debate.

Trump needs to turn around his campaign with a good debate but he seems stuck on the idea of face to face shouting and ranting.
    That’s the thing, Trump doesn’t debate. Like you said, he shouts and rants, no doubt to cover the fact that his grasp on topics, policies and the like are next to nonexistent. And yeah, as suspicious types have been saying all over social media, Trump wants to be up close and personal to Biden so he can give him the virus. By saying no to a virtual debate, this one a town hall setting, he’s saying no to the people who want to hear whatever the hell he has to say, unless he doesn’t want to take questions from people because he wouldn’t be able to provide anything in the way of answers other than the usual bullshit he spews at his inane rallies. More proof that President Snowflake can’t handle the heat.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well, Senator Mike Lee is tweeting at 1 am and going off the rails.

"Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared"