Page 818 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 31871876880881481581681781881982082182282886891813181818 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm just reading that Trump is totally against virtual debates. This strikes me as beyond weird.

The last debate was a total disaster and even conservative pollsters like Rasmussen have Trump losing by double digits to Biden after the debate.

Trump needs to turn around his campaign with a good debate but he seems stuck on the idea of face to face shouting and ranting.
    It's Not a DemOCRaCY it's a REpUBlic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's Not a DemOCRaCY it's a REpUBlic.
    Every time I hear that I remind the person saying it that those terms are not mutually exclusive. The country is both of those things simultaneously.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So I was talking with a friend about the fly with Pence and the covid situation with Trump, and she, being a theology person noted that the evangelicals of his base may be slightly freaking out, namely because both situations:Trump having a plague and pence with the fly on his head could be read as superstitious symbolism of being denounced by God. In short she's sure that some may be wondering if it's a sign from the almighty to not vote for them, or that they're false messengers of the devil.

Of course on her part she just thinks Trump is an idiot and that Pence's garbage smell from years of being a terrible person and leader in Indiana (her family's home state) finally came out and a fly did what a fly does and sat on some trash.

And can I say I really hated that he talked over both Susan and Kamala. It was infuriating to watch. People were looking for Kamala to be all fired up, or AOC, but you cant because "a woman that acts rude is a shrew." Ugh, I really wanted to punch Pence last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

And can I say I really hated that he talked over both Susan and Kamala. It was infuriating to watch. People were looking for Kamala to be all fired up, or AOC, but you cant because "a woman that acts rude is a shrew." Ugh, I really wanted to punch Pence last night.
    Harris needed to show America she could be President, her job was not to take Pence down. She succeeded beautifully. And Pence did his boorish best to lose even more middle class female voters. It was a win/win for Biden Harris.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just read this. Plot to kidnap Michigan Governor stopped and 6 men arrested.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...er/5922301002/

Only in 2020 folks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Only in 2020 folks.
    I am sure many were "good people".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Only in 2020 folks.
    Back in April, Trump was all "Liberate Michigan!" (among other states) due to restrictions as a result of COVID. Naturally, some people took it to heart.

It's hard to use the sarcasm excuse when folks take the advice as literal and want to justify their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm just reading that Trump is totally against virtual debates. This strikes me as beyond weird.

The last debate was a total disaster and even conservative pollsters like Rasmussen have Trump losing by double digits to Biden after the debate.

Trump needs to turn around his campaign with a good debate but he seems stuck on the idea of face to face shouting and ranting.

Only in 2020 folks.
    Trump: "Liberate Michigan!"

Stand back and stand by..."

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Back in April, Trump was all "Liberate Michigan!" (among other states) due to restrictions as a result of COVID. Naturally, some people took it to heart.

It's hard to use the sarcasm excuse when folks take the advice as literal and want to justify their actions.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump says he doesn’t like idea of virtual debate because “they cut you off whenever they want.”

LOL Best excuse I've seen outside of COVID to have a Virtual Debate.
    Also, at a virtual debate, he can't stalk Biden when he walks around the stage the way he did with Hillary Clinton four years ago.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Speaking of the Proud Boys, their Twitter and metatag data has been ruined.

People have been using #proudboys to showcase themselves kissing their gay partners and other things of that nature.

It is awesome.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambr.../#58330dd02aaf

Also ...

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-08-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It really isn't untrue or uninformed at all. If you have millions of dollars and access to the best medical treatment the country has to offer you are far and beyond much more likely to survive Covid than someone who's only source of healthcare is walking into an underfunded city ER. That doesn't mean Covid isn't dangerous, and it doesn't mean wealth is a sure bet to recovery but it does mean your chances are better the richer you are. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say.
    Saying things like "covid was never gonna kill him" is awfully close to conspiracy theories like "there is a cure for cancer they're not giving us."

There is no cure for covid-19.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Waking up to BBC morning news...

The Donald’s “Catching Covid was a blessing from God” utterance is widely covered.

Obviously playing to Christians.

This sort of thing really baffles me. Surely even the 8 year old kids have worked out by now that the Donald’s Christian belief is a complete fake?
    Trump doesn’t fool anyone on the Religious Right.
    They don’t see him as a messiah but rather a flawed person who God is working through. It’s a convenient excuse they use to overlook how truly awful a person he is and, by extension how awful they are for supporting him.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Saying things like "covid was never gonna kill him" is awfully close to conspiracy theories like "there is a cure for cancer they're not giving us."

There is no cure for covid-19.
    If Trump wasn't elected POTUS and had lapsed into public life he could have died of COVID the way that his friend Stan Chera, another rich wealthy real-estate developer, did.

If he contracted COVID earlier this year before the doctors found out about Remdesivir, before Dexamethasone, and before the development of Regeneron, he could have died.

Trump is the beneficiary of months of trial-and-error which revealed and pointed the way towards drugs to use in extreme cases and the development of experimental treatment like Regeneron based on using fetal cells derived from abortion cases. I mean that's the irony, the Republican platform hates abortion and is opposed to experiments based on fetal cells, and yet that's what led to Trump's treatment.
    (technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/)

Trump's survival at least so far is based on the enormous efforts, sacrifices, trials and errors, of the Health System over the last few months, as well as the institution of Walter Reed.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

This is an attempt at lawfare.