Page 826 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 32672677681682282382482582682782882983083687692613261826 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I apologize, you did not verbatim say that. You just said something a whole lot like it, and just as wrong and dangerous.
    It's still not wrong or dangerous and you've yet to show why. If you have money you have access to medical care that most people don't and that means you're less likely to die...it's very simple and proven to be true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    They are 21 year olds with no prospective good paying jobs who are getting radicalized by bullshite off the internet.
    Getting radicalized off the internet cuts across class lines and social backgrounds, and ideologies.

In the 1970's a kid could be a high school drop out and get a good union paying job with the UAW, now he's lucky if he can get a job at all let alone working at the mini mart.
    Not to be rude...but they can afford guns, right? And the really dangerous guns like assault rifles and machine guns.

This smacks of the Columbine shooter sympathy narrative which can be hard. The columbine shooters were fetishized as these bullied kids going nuts when it turns out they were white supremacist jackasses who were pretty extroverted and social, and were bullies themselves. That started the "bullied kid=shooter" narrative which if anything increased bullying.

I am aware that bigotry has always been a long standing cultural problem amongst blue collar workers,
    It's a problem across class lines.

Remember that the vast majority of Trump's support actually came from middle class white people. The narrative about working class Trump voters was significantly exaggerated and unrepresentative.

...but the rise of right wing extremism and opioid addiction didn't set in until globalization,
    The KKK existed in the 19th Century and was revived in the 20th Century, you had many white supremacist gangs and terrorist incidents with them in American history.

This narrative doesn't work.

Good paying jobs builds strong communities and keeps the political fringes to the margins where they belong.
    America's economy was at its height in the 1960s, and yet that was the era of political mobilization across the spectrum and a lot of movements on the fringe, both right and left...so again this idea that good economics creates peace doesn't work.

In Norway, that psycho Anders Breivik was a product of a good social welfare system and yet he went out and massacred 100 kids on that island.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Megan Markle... is American. So...?
    That too. But, as I said, openly expressing an opinion is not the same as leaking secret information. If Putin had publicly said he thought it would be better if Trump became the American President, there would be nothing wrong with him expressing his opinion. If he said he wanted Trump to win so Trump's secret deals with Russia would benefit them both, well, that would probably have backfired. Maybe Megan's opinion will influence a few people. Maybe mine will. But that's not influence by hijacking and leaking documents including possibly select documents designed for one purpose. Note Putin did not leak the information about Trump's secret business deals.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's still not wrong or dangerous and you've yet to show why. If you have money you have access to medical care that most people don't and that means you're less likely to die...it's very simple and proven to be true.
    Saying that a morbidly obese man in his 70s with a likely drug problem and a very likely recent history of strokes has a "99 percent chance" of surviving covid is (a) factually wrong and (b) making the virus sound less dangerous than it is, which makes the statement dangerous.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Saying that a morbidly obese man in his 70s with a likely drug problem and a very likely recent history of strokes has a "99 percent chance" of surviving covid is (a) factually wrong and (b) making the virus sound less dangerous than it is, which makes the statement dangerous.

Trump tells Rush Limbaugh he 'might not have recovered' from COVID-19 without Regeneron antibody cocktail

President Donald Trump on Friday indicated he was worried about his COVID-19 prognosis early on, telling the talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh that he thought an experimental antibody cocktail from Regeneron was what turned things around.

"I was in not great shape," Trump told Limbaugh, to whom he gave the nation's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, in February.

But the president said he "recovered immediately, almost immediately." He added that he "might not have recovered at all from COVID" were it not for the antibody cocktail.
    Take this as you will.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That too. But, as I said, openly expressing an opinion is not the same as leaking secret information. If Putin had publicly said he thought it would be better if Trump became the American President, there would be nothing wrong with him expressing his opinion. If he said he wanted Trump to win so Trump's secret deals with Russia would benefit them both, well, that would probably have backfired. Maybe Megan's opinion will influence a few people. Maybe mine will. But that's not influence by hijacking and leaking documents including possibly select documents designed for one purpose. Note Putin did not leak the information about Trump's secret business deals.
    Yeah.

As far as Republicans complaining about Prince Harry chiming in, I'd respond, "Well, maybe he wouldn't be as opinionated if Trump hadn't been stalking his mother when he was a boy in the 1990s."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure for Trump's age the survival rate is 95%.
    I'd hate to stake my life on the roll of a d20.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Let’s not forget the hard work of the doctors at Walter Reed who were hellbent on not having a president die on their watch, a luxury over 200,000 dead Americans didn’t have.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm pretty sure for Trump's age the survival rate is 95%.
    I'd hate to stake my life on the roll of a d20.
    It would already be higher than that based on that he is the leader of a nation with ready access to treatment that the average element of said survival rate would not have.

Never mind that a lot of the "Contributing Factors..." in that post are only really serious contributing factors if we accept that someone on a comic book message board has some serious insight into Trump's actual health.

While it could be, I don't think that we actually have much that points to it being solid reality that we can calculate his "Actual..." chance based on.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-09-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It would be factually wrong if he was poor but in this country being rich means better healthcare which means a much higher rate of survival. I don't get why you can't grasp that fact. And it is a fact, not an opinion.

Maybe if you weren't the sharpest crayon in box you'd see a statement like " There wasn't a high chance President Trump was going to die" and think the virus wasn't dangerous...but for most everybody else they understand it's merely a fact of the differences of wealth and influence on health care and realize the fact that he had a positive outcome means squat to their own chances.

Saw a thing:

Had the people who plotted to kidnap/assassinate Gretchen Whitmer been Muslim, Donald Trump would have touted his Muslim ban.
    Had the people who plotted to kidnap/assassinate Gretchen Whitmer been Mexican, Donald Trump would have touted his border wall.
    The people who plotted to kidnap/assassinate Gretchen Whitmer were white domestic terrorists, so Donald Trump attacked the Governor on Twitter.

This should tell you everything you need to know.

Also, while Trump f***s about on right-wing media to try and convince his followers he's "cured"...

There's still a category 2 hurricane hitting Louisiana right now that he probably should be more focused on.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ummm, did some mad scientist screw around with the time and space continuum and zap us back to 2016? I mean, when last I checked, Hillary was a private citizen and NOT running for president. I’m confused.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ummm, did some mad scientist screw around with the time and space continuum and zap us back to 2016? I mean, when last I checked, Hillary was a private citizen and NOT running for president. I’m confused.
    In the year 2036, she'll still be running for POTUS according to Fox News.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium