Page 846 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 34674679683684284384484584684784884985085689694613461846 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,690 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With the second presidential debate cancelled, ABC put together a town hall with Joe Biden to air at 8 pm tomorrow. Now, I’ve heard that NBC, out of the clear blue, somehow arranged to do a similar event with Trump....at the same time on the same night. If that isn’t bogus to the nines, I don’t know what qualifies.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With the second presidential debate cancelled, ABC put together a town hall with Joe Biden to air at 8 pm tomorrow. Now, I’ve heard that NBC, out of the clear blue, somehow arranged to do a similar event with Trump....at the same time on the same night. If that isn’t bogus to the nines, I don’t know what qualifies.
    I mean I dont have a problem with Trump and Biden having a town hall on the same night. I mean it is not like ratings of either are going to be effected. I dont see Biden supporters turning on Trumps town hall and I dont see Trumpers watching Bidens.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-14-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I mean I dont have a problem with Trump and Biden having a town hall on the same night. I mean it is not like ratings of either are going to be effected. I dont see Biden supporters turning on Trumps town hall and I dont see Trumpers watching Bidens.
    But were gonna see Trump brag his ratings if his beats Biden's and his supporters will thump their chests like peacocks if it happens. "See ...see his ratings are better !"

Its silly as hell but this is the level were at.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 10-14-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The problem with it that I see is, the debates serve a purpose of giving equal time to both candidates to answer the same questions at the same event, so regardless of who you like, you're seeing both. Or if you're undecided, it lets you hear both sides.

This doesn't do that. Though I'm not sure live television is an important factor the way it used to be. It's not like these won't immediately be online.

I do think you're right that this year it matters a whole lot less, though. If you're still undecided you're brain dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Part of me wonders if Trump was the motivator for this, and he would only do it if it was at the same time as Biden's town hall. The so-called "liberal media" is always blinded by potential ratings.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You'll have to link it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Part of me wonders if Trump was the motivator for this, and he would only do it if it was at the same time as Biden's town hall. The so-called "liberal media" is always blinded by potential ratings.
    Oh, of course. If Trump's town hall does better than Biden's by even 1 percentage point, he'll start crowing about how his ratings are "so much better" than Biden's.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The problem with it that I see is, the debates serve a purpose of giving equal time to both candidates to answer the same questions at the same event, so regardless of who you like, you're seeing both. Or if you're undecided, it lets you hear both sides.

This doesn't do that. Though I'm not sure live television is an important factor the way it used to be. It's not like these won't immediately be online.

I do think you're right that this year it matters a whole lot less, though. If you're still undecided you're brain dead.
    That is what the debates are normally for. But the last debate Trump ruined that. I think a town hall is better for Biden as it will let him say what he has to say with out Trumo yelling over him ever two minutes. What Trump says does not matter. his zombies will cheer like he is the greatest speaker even if all he did was read the phone book.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I never thought herd immunity was a sane thing without a vaccine.
    It has never been a viable option and Trumps administration knows that. It’s just a convenient excuse to continue with their original strategy of sacrificing the weakest and most vulnerable in our society to ensure the economy remains stable going into the election.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It has never been a viable option and Trumps administration knows that. It’s just a convenient excuse to continue with their original strategy of sacrificing the weakest and most vulnerable in our society to ensure the economy remains stable going into the election.
    And killing people permanently removes people from the economy and they don't get to tax them. IT also costs more money in the long run when somebody dies.

GOP logic is very stupid. Even when you apply what I did in my example, money is everything, it makes no sense.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That is what the debates are normally for. But the last debate Trump ruined that. I think a town hall is better for Biden as it will let him say what he has to say with out Trumo yelling over him ever two minutes. What Trump says does not matter. his zombies will cheer like he is the greatest speaker even if all he did was read the phone book.
    Like I said, I think you’re right that it doesn’t matter this time.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And killing people permanently removes people from the economy and they don't get to tax them. IT also costs more money in the long run when somebody dies.

GOP logic is very stupid. Even when you apply what I did in my example, money is everything, it makes no sense.
    It's stupid logic, but it makes sense in their world, as to them, those weak people likely would require government assistance programs, and as the GOP historically opposes assistance on the belief that everyone who needs a handout is a leech, **** 'em.

Ironic given that society is supported by the bottom rungs of folks having to do all the grunt work in order for the top rung to live it up lavishly, but that's how they think in their warped world.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh, of course. If Trump's town hall does better than Biden's by even 1 percentage point, he'll start crowing about how his ratings are "so much better" than Biden's.
    And if Biden's town hall does better, he'll complain that he was rigged by the "fake news" who was out to get him.

How it always goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Due to various regulations, NBC might have a tough time turning Trump down.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets