Page 847 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 34774779783784384484584684784884985085185789794713471847 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 75153
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And here is Lindsay Graham letting the mask slip:

Lindsey Graham to ACB: "You're not aware of any effort to go back to the good old days of segregation by a legislative body, is that correct?"

But don't worry, he was tooooootally sarcastic!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    It's stupid logic, but it makes sense in their world, as to them, those weak people likely would require government assistance programs, and as the GOP historically opposes assistance on the belief that everyone who needs a handout is a leech, fuck 'em.

Ironic given that society is supported by the bottom rungs of folks having to do all the grunt work in order for the top rung to live it up lavishly, but that's how they think in their warped world.
    I realize I display a glaring lack of knowledge when it comes to politics, but aren’t tax cuts to billionaires considered handouts?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Don’t look for consistent logic in republican ideals.

Trump has elevated blocking his tax returns one last time. SCOTUS already threw it back 2 times to lower court. Now they have to rule.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I realize I display a glaring lack of knowledge when it comes to politics, but aren’t tax cuts to billionaires considered handouts?
    But that's totally different, 'cuz those billionaires definitely need those handouts. Trickle-down economics, you know?

Though... billionaires rarely spend or give away their money. So that whole "trickle-down" theory is not worth the paper it was devised on.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Between this and him suggesting African-Americans can only be safe in South Carolina if they are politically conservative, Graham is happily entrenched in reactionary politics and thinking his job is safe, allowing him to say and do whatever he wants with no pretense.

Here's hoping he doesn't keep his job much longer.

Biden Is Ahead In Georgia, But It Is Too Close To Call In Ohio, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Democrats Lead In Both Georgia Senate Races

GEORGIA: Biden 51%, Trump 44%

OHIO: Biden 48%, Trump 47%

GEORGIA SENATE: Ossoff 51%, Perdue 45%

GEORGIA SENATE: Warnock 41%, Collins 22%, Loeffler 20%

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    And if Biden's town hall does better, he'll complain that he was rigged by the "fake news" who was out to get him.

How it always goes.
    It 100% will go better.

Biden now gets to do a town hall without Trump bleating about like a goon for 90 minutes, and to show he actually can connect with people.
    Trump gets his own town hall that will demonstrate he has no idea what he's doing, and he can't actually address anyone's real problems, or identify with their pain, because he's incapable of empathy. At all.

Like, this is not a "win" for Trump. There's also that people are so sick of him, he could likely lose in a ratings battle... which is an even worse shot at his ego.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Are these Town Halls going to be on tv? I dont see anything on my program guide for tonight? Or do I have the wrong night?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

The active GOP voter suppression in states like GA makes these polls kind of moot.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Are these Town Halls going to be on tv? I dont see anything on my program guide for tonight? Or do I have the wrong night?
    tomorrow.
    Biden on CBS.
    Trump on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    tomorrow.
    Biden on CBS.
    Trump on NBC.
    Thank yo. I am going to flip back and forth and try and catch some of both.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump has elevated blocking his tax returns one last time. SCOTUS already threw it back 2 times to lower court. Now they have to rule.
    With Trump about to have a huge SCOTUS majority, could they potentially protect his tax returns even if he loses the election? Would that be his “get out of jail” card?

He’ll obviously complain nonstop and never admit that he lost the election but he’s also banking on the SCOTUS to protect him after he’s out of office.

Emperor Superspreader and his trophy wife managed to infect their son with Covid-19. Barron tested positive days ago and they kept it hushed up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    tomorrow.
    Biden on CBS.
    Trump on NBC.
    In honor of Republican vote tampering, I propose we all commit 'viewer fraud' and stream the Biden town hall on multiple devices while watching it on live TV as well.

Prolly useless, I'm sure, but it'll feel satisfying...