Page 859 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 35975980984985585685785885986086186286386990995913591859 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 75153

I just let my aunt rant and rave and for the most part just laugh at her. i dont take her seriously. I would love to block her channel but I cant censor someone's views no matter how dumb they are.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She says not as many people died from Covid as is claimed. She uses a report on Fox news that over 500 people who died of covid died by something else like heart attacks etc.. They just happened to have covid at the time. And those are just the ones that they know about. There are thousands of others that are not reported.
    The reality coming out from medical journals is that we may in fact actually be undercounting covid caused and covid related deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The reality coming out from medical journals is that we may in fact actually be undercounting covid caused and covid related deaths.
    I saw some articles on this. It is very scary to think that 215,000 dead is an undercount.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just let my aunt rant and rave and for the most part just laugh at her. i dont take her seriously. I would love to block her channel but I cant censor someone's views no matter how dumb they are.
    You wouldn't be "censoring" her. You would be "censoring" Fox News. As in, it's toxic, and should not be taken seriously by anyone as "news", per their own lawyers.

This is more of an intervention. Like flushing someone's drug stash down the drain to help them get clean, and confronting them about their problem.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I saw some articles on this. It is very scary to think that 215,000 dead is an undercount.
    I saw one report that's thinking we're already up in the 300K range, because we weren't testing enough to identify Covid-19 deaths in February and March.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You wouldn't be "censoring" her. You would be "censoring" Fox News. As in, it's toxic, and should not be taken seriously by anyone as "news", per their own lawyers.

This is more of an intervention. Like flushing someone's drug stash down the drain to help them get clean, and confronting them about their problem.
    Lets be honest. Anyone who takes Fox News seriously will not change their views because I block the channel. There are too many right wing nut job websites and other places. As with most Hardcore Trumpers the more you confront my aunt the more angry and dug in they get. They are not changing. Blocking a news channel will not stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I saw one report that's thinking we're already up in the 300K range, because we weren't testing enough to identify Covid-19 deaths in February and March.
    The best way to count is to look at year over year deaths. This is fairly consistent in terms of death by cancer, heart disease, car accidents etc... There are about 300,000 excess deaths in 2020 compared to the last five years. So yes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it.

For anyone who hasn't read, basically they take the estimated death count for a year, based on previous years, and then look at where we are now. It's pretty scary how far above the estimate we are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Shouldn't come as a surprised. This was making the headlines back in July or so.

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

BANNED

For perspective on how historic COVID is...

Take all the American soldiers who died in World War 1, all the US soldiers who died in Vietnam, in Korea, in Iraq, in Afghanistan. Add in the civilian victims of terrorist attacks in America (Oklahoma, Atlanta, New York) and add in the victims of school shootings from Columbine to today.

Pile them all, and COVID-19 under Donald Trump has exceeded it in 7 months, and counting:
    https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-kill...144728825.html
    https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...mbined-1536883

COVID 19 now ranks alongside World War II, The American Civil War, The 1918 Pandemic as America's deadliest crisis. And certainly the greatest crisis to occur during peacetime (The 1918 Pandemic took place during and overlapped with and was exacerbated by the war). And certainly the biggest failure overseen by a major economic worldpower in a peactime era, and the greatest failure of American institutions and American society since the end of the Civil War (the existence of slavery between the American Revolution and the Civil War is greatest overall failure).
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 10-16-2020 at 12:37 PM.

I think "Cognitive Dissonance" is becoming a term I think about daily. In the aftermath of the Trump townhall where he was asked tough questions and confronted with his lies, his supporters are doubling down on how great he is and how the whole system is rigged against him.

Did anyone hear about someone in the Trump administration comparing Biden to Mr. Rogers, intending it as an insult, only to have almost every response point out that only a self-serving, heartless narcissist like Trump and those he surrounds himself with could possibly think being compared to Mr. Rogers was an insult?

However, I was surprised and hopeful to see that the ratings indicate that more people watched Biden than Trump. I assumed more would watch Trump because, if nothing else, he is entertaining in a crazy, psychopathic way.

In yet other news, Allan Lichtman has so far predicted a Biden win. Let's hope.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think "Cognitive Dissonance" is becoming a term I think about daily. In the aftermath of the Trump townhall where he was asked tough questions and confronted with his lies, his supporters are doubling down on how great he is and how the whole system is rigged against him.

Did anyone hear about someone in the Trump administration comparing Biden to Mr. Rogers, intending it as an insult, only to have almost every response point out that only a self-serving, heartless narcissist like Trump and those he surrounds himself with could possibly think being compared to Mr. Rogers was an insult?

However, I was surprised and hopeful to see that the ratings indicate that more people watched Biden than Trump. I assumed more would watch Trump because, if nothing else, he is entertaining in a crazy, psychopathic way.

In yet other news, Allan Lichtman has so far predicted a Biden win. Let's hope.
    He's only missed two elections since 1988, 2000 and 2016. Predicted a Gore win (has since changed his model to call the popular vote) and predicted a Trump popular vote win. So I guess half right/wrong on his misses?

Using his model historically, only 1876, 2000, and 2016 are anomalous.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Agree with this approach. I don't tend to censor/block my more fervent social media relatives or friends. Figure if I'm friends with them, its with my eyes fully open. Most of the folks who are making "arguments" on social media are just posting stupid, ignorable memes anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He's only missed two elections, 2000 and 2016. Predicted a Gore win (has since changed his model to call the popular vote) and predicted a Trump popular vote win. So I guess half right/wrong on his misses?
    Actually after Gore he changed his model to focus on the Electoral College vote. He predicted in 2016 that Trump would win Electorally (he also said popularly and was pleasantly surprise to see Hillary take that consolation prize).

Trump's victory in 2016 owes to Lichtman noting he had the Following Keys:
    -- Incumbent is not running the election (Obama finished his second term).
    -- Ruling Party lost the House in recent Midterms (which the Dems did to the Republicans).
    -- One candidate is not as charismatic as the other (Hillary per Lichtman's definition of Charisma having appeal a little outside the base).
    -- No major policy change in Obama's second term (as opposed to the Affordable Care Act in the first term)
    -- Significant third party challenge (which was there in 2016 with Gary Johnson and Jill Stein)
    -- No big foreign policy success*(per Lichtman)

The interesting thing about these keys is that if you look at "No Major policy change in second term" that was when McConnell began his obstructionism and senate supremacy and sent it to high gear, so you can see the impact of his malfeasance there. You also see how important Midterm elections are to holding the WH.

So basically even if Biden and the Dems take the WH and Senate and keep the House. The Midterms of 2022 are absolutely crucial and important for the sake of consolidating the Trump reversal.

At the same time Biden and the Dems need to do major policy initiatives in the next term. Something really big.

* I actually have to question Lichtman's idea of Obama not having foreign policy success in his second term because that was when he launched the Cuban Thaw (which has to be a success since even Trump hasn't undone it fully) as well as the Iran Nuclear Deal (which Trump pulled out of but was surely remarkable at the time).

To try to
    Insult someone by considering a guy to be “ Mr Rogers” is a shame.

Rogers was awesome and a great human being.