Page 913 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 413813863903909910911912913914915916917923963101314131913 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,695 of 75153

The other thing that made Trump look bad was he was pointing to people who had nothing to do with the debate, as they were not Trumps political opponent at the moment ( As in that article, how Biden beat the other dems and Trump going for Joes brother randomly.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Perhaps the biggest blow to Trump's Hunter Biden debacle happened before and after the debate. As Politico explains Hunter Biden basically won the debate.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...-debate-431558

Now here is THE BIG DEAL folks. After Trump paraded this guy in front of the media , when it came time after everything....it was a colossal fucking lie.

Now either he conned Trump into this or Trump basically knew this was bullshit. This casts doubt even more over the entire Hunter Biden deal if someone like this can appear , claim he has evidence and when looked at...has nothing.
    At this point, I suspect that Trump simply believes his own lies and doesn't care about actual fact checking

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    At this point, I suspect that Trump simply believes his own lies and doesn't care about actual fact checking
    Trump is still the slick salesmen that suckered voters sending him to the White House. Like any salesman from a used car lot to a Wall Street bank, his approach has been to let the marks sell themselves. He doesn't need to have a plan, he just needs to act convincingly like there is a plan and it's a great plan. The greatest, hugest plan in the history of plans and then go off on tangents whenever anyone asks about details or even results of this great plan.

So instead of offering solutions or even looking for practical outcomes that would help the country, he depends on being able to convince people to project whatever they think should be done on to him. I know a lot of Trump supporters and they all think he's doing exactly what this country needs but no two of them would agree on exactly what it is they think he's doing.

It's a strategy that's worked for Trump his whole life. He's been playing the role of the perfect, genius boss - literally in the case of the Apprentice - so I don't see him changing course now.

It's easy to think that this is what politicians have always done - and it is a big part of getting elected - elections are about emotions. However, just look at politicians like LBJ or Clinton or Obama or even Nixon. They won office so they could use their power to accomplish something significant even if you don't agree with it. With Trump, I just think he wants to be applauded - not to actually do anything important - which means he ends up doing a lot of terrible damage while in office when the reality doesn't agree with the role he's playing.
    Last edited by A Small Talent For War; 10-23-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    It seems like Biden still naively thinks he can work with the Senate GOP where everyone else has failed.
    I think that plan is doomed, and he'll get slapped out of that nonsense sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, that perplexes me. For eight years Biden watched Barack Obama extend a hand across the aisle to Republicans in good faith for the sake of bipartisan cooperation, only to have it bitten time after time after time by the rabid dogs in the GOP. If Trump goes down next month, that intransigence from Republicans will be even worse for no reason other than sheer spite because Trump lost. And here's an important reminder, it's not just about the presidency, the Senate is up for grabs, as I've said here numerous times, Biden winning the election would be almost meaningless if Democrats lose the Senate and Necrotic Mitch continues being that human roadblock where bills go to die.
    It's not really perplexing.

At all.

The guy is, and always has been, a "Business As Usual..." Democratic Party politician.

That is exactly what they say and do.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Perhaps the biggest blow to Trump's Hunter Biden debacle happened before and after the debate. As Politico explains Hunter Biden basically won the debate.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...-debate-431558

Now here is THE BIG DEAL folks. After Trump paraded this guy in front of the media , when it came time after everything....it was a colossal fucking lie.

Now either he conned Trump into this or Trump basically knew this was bullshit. This casts doubt even more over the entire Hunter Biden deal if someone like this can appear , claim he has evidence and when looked at...has nothing.
    If Trump knew it was all crap and went ahead with it anyway, that tells me he was unwilling to admit he had been wrong, or worse, conned, and dropped the whole thing which appears to have been a big, fat nothingburger.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's not really perplexing.

At all.

The guy is, and always has been, a "Business As Usual..." Democratic Party politician.

That is exactly what they say and do.
    Which is why he came out in favor of marriage equality before 99.999 of the rest of the party did.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Trump knew it was all crap and went ahead with it anyway, that tells me he was unwilling to admit he had been wrong, or worse, conned, and dropped the whole thing which appears to have been a big, fat nothingburger.
    It's basically like in D&D, when a halfling and a drunk, half-mad magician are trapped in a cave and faced with a red dragon. They have one bag of magic trinkets left, and they throw EVERYTHING at the dragon before dying horribly.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Invincible Member

Here's the 60 Minutes interview and to tell the truth, I'm surprised Trump released it. I can't believe he thought this would somehow vindicate him?

You don't see Stahl's face in this version, but every time Donald says, "You wouldn't ask Joe Biden this," I can just feel Leslie thinking, "Yeah, cuz this interview is about the dumb **** you said not other people."

Invincible Member

It's also funny that he complains when she tells him it's going to be a "tough" interview. Like, it's 60 Minutes...they've been on the air for like 50 years and are known for grilling politicians and corrupt businessmen. Did he honestly think it was going to be a fluff piece?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Here's the 60 Minutes interview and to tell the truth, I'm surprised Trump released it. I can't believe he thought this would somehow vindicate him?

You don't see Stahl's face in this version, but every time Donald says, "You wouldn't ask Joe Biden this," I can just feel Leslie thinking, "Yeah, cuz this interview is about the dumb **** you said not other people."
    He was mad, and he thought if he releases it , it would hurt 60 Minutes' ratings and show how "mean" Stahl is. He doesn't have grand plans, just small vindictive outbursts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Which is why he came out in favor of marriage equality before 99.999 of the rest of the party did.
    He has been telling you, in incredibly clear terms, that "He Beat..." the politicians who were looking to set aside "Business As Usual..."

The couple of times that he has come out on the right side of one or two issues does right around "Nothing..." to change that fact.

Never mind sounding like Tucker Carlson back during the Crime Bill debate.

Coming out in favor of what was right before 99.999 of the rest of the party back then would probably have been a laudable move.

Instead, we know he was basically up at the microphone sounding like Tucker Carlson last month.

"Business As Usual..."

A couple of times where he has been talking about doing the right thing doesn't really change that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems he said "go ahead."
    I rewatched it, and he did in fact say "go ahead".

It was almost right after he finished saying that Obama was releasing Mexican murderers and rapists to run free, a detail I missed on my first watch. So bizarrely, the whole thing ended up being more horribly gross and racist than I was expecting, just in a completely different way.

For the record and it’s a fact:

Japan, tiny ass Japan that is next to China, does not have anywhere as near this **** happening to them and they are all fine and such in business. Because they follow social distancing and when you leave the god damned home you have to mask up. It’s the law there.

I addressed this, was called a commie and a fascist stating that they were communist due to being Asian.

Err...

Japan is crazy right as a whole and are capitalist as all hell! Idiots who do not know what the **** it is should not talk. And a Trumper calling a guy fascist?!

Fascist is when you take the word of your political party as gospel truth from a God as the n that mind set the party is the country. Man that’s so rich. Really though. I am honestly just stopping the talks as only 2 of the circle are still republican and Trump zombies now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    For the record and it’s a fact:

Japan, tiny ass Japan that is next to China, does not have anywhere as near this **** happening to them and they are all fine and such in business. Because they follow social distancing and when you leave the god damned home you have to mask up. It’s the law there.

I addressed this, was called a commie and a fascist stating that they were communist due to being Asian.

Err...

Japan is crazy right as a whole and are capitalist as all hell! Idiots who do not know what the **** it is should not talk. And a Trumper calling a guy fascist?!

Fascist is when you take the word of your political party as gospel truth from a God as the n that mind set the party is the country. Man that’s so rich. Really though. I am honestly just stopping the talks as only 2 of the circle are still republican and Trump zombies now.
    Same with Taiwan and South Korea - - very conservative socially, class-based and very conformist but democratic and pro-market capitalists. We have a very different culture and politics in America, though. Our new conservative party is radically right-wing, so the very conservative, capitalist and bureaucratic democratic party looks attractive in comparison. However, it does leave any political movement that would work for the poor, minorities or working class excluded from political power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't agree with the barbarism. I have personally suggested alternatives (more immigration judges to handle the caseload, a more efficient screening process for asylum hearings.)

But in order to say that the Republican plan is unacceptable, I need to know what the Democratic plan is, because they don't seem interested in fixing the problem.

By this logic, you're OK with rewarding people for endangering their children, and having that incentive going forward.

Taken to the logical extreme, anyone who supports pretty much any policy is OK with tremendous death and suffering (if the national speed limit was 20, we would certainly have less fatal accidents; it's probably not worth the tradeoff, but that's a discussion that can't be had if the need for a better policy alternative is dismissed.)

It really shouldn't be that hard to have a better policy here. So, what is being suggested?

Given that Biden was a member in the Obama administration, I'm guessing he saw missed opportunities and times President Obama, elected to the White House as one of the least experienced presidents ever, could have done better.
    Once again, I will remind you that A BIPARTISAN POLICY WAS SUBMITTED TO TRUMP IN 2016.

You seem to ignore what you don’t want to hear.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe