Page 943 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 443843893933939940941942943944945946947953993104314431943 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    When was the last time the GOP legitimately tried to win a presidential election?
    1996, I would think. But after Dole lost that one, the Party figured that they could no longer win fair and square, so they would have to cheat, and they've been doing that more and miore ever since. However, 2008, 2012 and 2018 prove that sometimes even when they cheat, they still lose.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in a Trump tweet yesterday someone linked he claimed this ...

The Real Polls are now saying that I am WINNING! Biggest (and most exciting) Rallies EVER. Rasmussen, 53% National.
    That he's at 53% .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Follow-up

Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck on freezing cold Omaha airfield after rally, 7 taken to hospitals

Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck on freezing cold Omaha airfield after rally, 7 taken to hospitals
    Overall, 30 people were "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha police department said in a statement.

Hundreds of President Donald Trump's supporters were left in the freezing cold for hours after a rally at an airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night, with some walking around 3 miles to waiting buses and others being taken away in ambulances.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals, suffering from a variety of conditions, and there were a total of 30 "contacted" for medical reasons, the Omaha Police Department said in a statement. The Omaha Airport Authority had a slightly different figure of the number taken to hospitals — it said six were "throughout the duration of the event" and added that it could not confirm that the people were taken to hospitals because of the cold.

The temperature in the area was in the mid-30s at the time.

Many of those at the rally at the Eppley Airfield faced hours in long lines to get in and clogged parking lots and busy crowds to get out, hours after Air Force One departed around 9 p.m. The police said the last person was loaded onto a bus at the rally site at 11:50 p.m. — about three hours after the event had ended.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/jacob-woh...003531797.html

You know, what's funny is that this happened precisely because nobody swatted them down for their early hijinks hard enough, and now they're looking at real time.
    At least Jacob is not too pretty for jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Theory is, from what I read in the comments, is that they were bused in by the organizers of the Trump Rally. However, as has happened before, nether Trump or the Rally Organizer bothered to pay the Bus Company.

I would not be surprised if Trump's rally organizers have a group of the same people who they bus in from event to event just to make the rallies look larger than they otherwise would be.
    I’d heard the crowd had parked 3-5 miles away where the buses picked up and transported them to the rally.
    So they loaded them all into confined spaces, risking exposure to COVID and abandoned them on the runway.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’d heard the crowd had parked 3-5 miles away where the buses picked up and transported them to the rally.
    So they loaded them all into confined spaces, risking exposure to COVID and abandoned them on the runway.
    I hope the Donald is paying them plenty to risk their life.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I hope the Donald is paying them plenty to risk their life.
    Knowing this region, I’m certain the crowd wasn’t hired.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in a Trump tweet yesterday someone linked he claimed this ...

That he's at 53% .
    It is Rasmussen. And I just checked Five Thirty Eight and there is one other polls that's close (even it concedes it's Biden's by 2 points.)

It also previously claimed that Trump has a positive approval rating. We really have to take it with a grain of salt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    It is Rasmussen. And I just checked Five Thirty Eight and there is one other polls that's close (even it concedes it's Biden's by 2 points.)

It also previously claimed that Trump has a positive approval rating. We really have to take it with a grain of salt.
    I would hope that America isn't this stupid again for a 2nd term. But given were seeing people get themselves stranded in 30 degree weather to see him , then yep...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I would hope that America isn't this stupid again for a 2nd term. But given were seeing people get themselves stranded in 30 degree weather to see him , then yep...
    To be absolutely fair, they took a bus to get to him. And even I would never have expected him to leave them to freeze, if only from a purely pragmatic standpoint.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-28-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

If there’s another “surge” of secret Trump voters that gives him the win, then modern polling as we know it is done. And I mean that with all seriousness. I’m not talking about the likes of Rasmussen, Trafalgar or Insider Advantage which are totally biased and adjust their results based on said bias.

Yes, polling isn’t an exact science but if pollsters are carrying out their surveys without taking into account the “unknowns” of 2016, then they really shouldn’t make their results public at all.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Those people are looking at a two pronged attack of pneumonia and COVID since precious few wore masks and were packed in like sardines. Perhaps a triple threat with flu season right around the corner.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If there’s another “surge” of secret Trump voters that gives him the win, then modern polling as we know it is done. And I mean that with all seriousness. I’m not talking about the likes of Rasmussen, Trafalgar or Insider Advantage which are totally biased and adjust their results based on said bias.

Yes, polling isn’t an exact science but if pollsters are carrying out their surveys without taking into account the “unknowns” of 2016, then they really shouldn’t make their results public at all.
    Thing is, as many pointed out. The Polls weren't so much wrong as misinterpreted. There absolutely were Unknown voters (or rather Undecided Voters)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

The polls in 2016 said the majority of Americans are voting for Hillary. And that's what happened.

They are so stupid. They love a monster so much that they are dying for him.

On a god note: May e they did not vote and cannot now?