Page 959 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4598599099499559569579589599609619629639691009105914591959 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 75153

There was something on Twitter [Nothing confirmed and no elaboration] about people protesting outside William Barr's home because he hasn't arrested Joe Biden yet.

:eyeroll: :sigh:
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Trump is the one who filled the camps with people who would clog the system, people entitled to due process. So please stop using that damn dodge 'Obama built them!'
    The residence rights of people who aren't American citizens are rather limited.

There are rare situations in which citizens are mistreated, like an American teenager assumed to be undocumented because his older brother was undocumented. But those are pretty rare cases.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/25/74541...tion-officials

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    And yet, the guys on the right constantly complain about the left "putting facts over feelings".

Garbage opinions and garbage people.
    Is there any indication that they don't want those idiots arrested?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is there any indication that they don't want those idiots arrested?
    Other than a failure of your party to condemn when Trump endorses his followers' violent tendencies and when they bury their heads in the sand whenever they successfully get a stochastic terror event?

Save it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It is clearly not the pandemic because this exact scenario happened twice before.

I hate to bring ageism into the argument but I think that is what it is.

Biden, Clinton, Gore are part of an older core of Dems that rely on excitement coming from the base whereas Obama, Harris, AOC rely on exciting their base.
    This would be less of an issue if there were more younger people out there to fill the ranks of the Democrat Party. In my experience the failure of the local Democrat parties in the flyover states such as Wisconsin during Walker was because there were less people to fill in for the rank and file who had retired or gotten too old. Seems like other than people like AOC, there isn't much interest for politics from the younger generations and you wind up with Dems running older and older candidates. I mean Biden and Sanders are both 75+.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 10-31-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    This would be less of an issue if there were more younger people out there to fill the ranks of the Democrat Party. In my experience the failure of the local Democrat parties in the flyover states such as Wisconsin during Walker was because there were less people to fill in for the rank and file who had retired or gotten too old. Seems like other than people like AOC, there isn't much interest for politics from the younger generations and you wind up with Dems running older and older candidates. I mean Biden and Sanders are both 75+.
    Biden is 74 I think.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The residence rights of people who aren't American citizens are rather limited.

There are rare situations in which citizens are mistreated, like an American teenager assumed to be undocumented because his older brother was undocumented. But those are pretty rare cases.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/25/74541...tion-officials
    They are limited, they are not non existent.

And by focusing on people who are non threats but are still entitled to due process, he's clogged the courts and I have a hard time believing that it wasn't deliberate

Fantastic Member

Yeah, though I think that's changing. I mean youth interest has skyrocketed over the past four years, and Covid has only increased that interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Biden is 74 I think.
    Nope. Biden will turn 78 on November 20.

He will pull off the unprecedented trick of being older on the first day of his presidency than any previous President.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump is not the cause of the GOP moving to the extreme Right. He is the result of the GOP moving to the extreme Right. What you see under Trump is the new normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This is the new normal. This is now the conservative base.
    Edit: Repeating what Kirby said.
    It was more a general sentiment on my part.

I am hopeful when Trump is gone they go away and it gets better.

I know he is not the cause but a symptom of the GOP's turn for the last 30 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

We do have younger folks interested. Here is the issue based on what I have seen in my own city.

The old folks are so set in that no matter WHO runs against them-it's a losing cause.

Folks have been TRYING to get Eddie Bernice Johnson out of Congress for a LIST of reasons.
    We get young candidates and they run. Election day happens.
    Results come in- with 1% of the counties/districts in Eddie is the winner with 95% of the votes. The lowest percentage she has won by is 63%.
    Republicans don't even BOTHER with her district.

Population is 749,289 average voter turnout 150K-218K. This district has the highest number of blacks living in a congressional area in the state of Texas.

This is the issue-old folks are going to find the way to a poll to vote. The young folks struggle because they have to get folks who are their age or younger to the polls.

I expect her to win again. Removing the straight ticket option might prevent her from winning by a landslide like she normally does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump rallies are killing people.

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/stat...762632704?s=21
    Yeah, and unfortunately they're probably also helping his reelection chances. Kill people to get reelected to kill more people.

N.J. Women For Trump group, with 29K members, removed from Facebook days before election

On Saturday morning there were more than 29,000 members in a private Facebook group for New Jersey women who support President Trump — and by Saturday afternoon the group was gone.

Priscilla Confrey, co-director of New Jersey Women For Trump, says Facebook did not send her any notifications about the removal or explain why the group was removed.

Facebook did not immediately respond to an inquiry from NJ Advance Media about the removal.
    Facebook does affix warning labels on posts they deem problematic, and Confrey says in the last two weeks Facebook had flagged certain posts, including those related to COVID-19. When that happens, Confrey said she simply deletes those post rather than have them appear.

“People are really, really mad,” Confrey says. “When you have that many people and they’re shut down, they feel silenced.”
    Kind of curious why this happened.

My guess? They posted something stupid.

The right wing media is going nuts about how this is a liberal way to silence Tumpers and steal the election.

I would like to see why they were shut down. If they had a good reason I would like to know what it is. I dont like the idea of just shutting someone down for being a Trumper. But I am not going to say either way until they say what happened.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Does Facebook have some version of a three strikes rule when it comes to groups peddling disinformation? Apparently they're clamping down harder on that, and it sounds like the flagged posts were mostly related to the pandemic, an area where Trump supporters tend to ignore reality.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-31-2020 at 07:30 PM.