Page 960 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4608609109509569579589599609619629639649701010106014601960 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The right wing media is going nuts about how this is a liberal way to silence Tumpers and steal the election.

I would like to see why they were shut down. If they had a good reason I would like to know what it is. I dont like the idea of just shutting someone down for being a Trumper. But I am not going to say either way until they say what happened.
    Two words about the right wing media, and the first one rhymes with duck.

But yeah, I’m also inclined to think this group probably flaunted and/or broke some specific rule and Facebook showed them the cyber door. Warnings about that had been made public weeks ago to slow disinformation, i.e., lies and other such bullshit prior to the election.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Helicopters Over DC Protesters Broke Regulations While Commander was Driving Home, DC Guard Concludes

Two D.C. National Guard helicopters that flew low over protesters in Washington, D.C., on the night of June 1 were not properly authorized to be there — and were directed by a lieutenant colonel who was far from the scene, driving home in his car, according to an initial investigation by the D.C. National Guard.

The superior officer who authorized the deployment claimed he didn’t know that the regulations required him to have higher-level approval to use the helicopters at all, and that in any case, he in no way told the lieutenant colonel that the helicopters should be used for crowd dispersal.

Now the D.C. National Guard and the Defense Department Inspector General’s office appear to be at odds over who should take responsibility for the incident, which became one of the most high-profile examples of President Donald Trump’s militarized response to protests over the killing of George Floyd, a Black man, by police officers in Minneapolis in May.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Are we gonna talk about the idiot "priest" who rallied a few yahoos outside of Obama's private home and still act like he's president, wanting "justice"?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I hope when Trump is gone we get some normal conservatives again.

These nuts are going to kill people.
    Reactionists are like herpes. They don't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It was more a general sentiment on my part.

I am hopeful when Trump is gone they go away and it gets better.

I know he is not the cause but a symptom of the GOP's turn for the last 30 years.
    The Republican Party isn’t going to change as long as Fox News and far right talking heads like Limbaugh and Hannity are running things and dictating their ideology. Rupert Murdoch gave the extremists a platform because they get ratings and now Fox personalities are basically the president’s advisors, so he’s definitely not going to change things.

Nothing will change unless Facebook and Twitter get more strict with regulating misinformation and hate spewed all over their pages.

I don’t see any of this ever happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    This would be less of an issue if there were more younger people out there to fill the ranks of the Democrat Party. In my experience the failure of the local Democrat parties in the flyover states such as Wisconsin during Walker was because there were less people to fill in for the rank and file who had retired or gotten too old. Seems like other than people like AOC, there isn't much interest for politics from the younger generations and you wind up with Dems running older and older candidates. I mean Biden and Sanders are both 75+.
    Younger people not being political engaged is normal, it sucks but nobody has cracked that particular subject in modern history. In addition to this there's a huge apathetic trend in society for young people, they don't know what they're doing and many see anything resembling tactics of the status quo as being repugnant on an ideological level - which is encouraged by numerous bad actors on the left and the right who want to burn the country down.

Engagement is also a spectrum, someone may be an AOC supporter and follow her twitter but ignore what she does in congress itself because that's boring.

The Dems aren't in danger of losing the youth, they have things in hand to pass the torch to the next generation within their own factions.

Politicians being old is just politics, people don't get to where they are without a long history in politics. We do need younger blood, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Republican Party isn’t going to change as long as Fox News and far right talking heads like Limbaugh and Hannity are running things and dictating their ideology. Rupert Murdoch gave the extremists a platform because they get ratings and now Fox personalities are basically the president’s advisors, so he’s definitely not going to change things.

Nothing will change unless Facebook and Twitter get more strict with regulating misinformation and hate spewed all over their pages.

I don’t see any of this ever happening.
    The worst part starting following politics when I was a fresh faced youth wasn't when I realized the GOP I thought I knew was never coming back, it was when I realized that it had never existed in the first place.

GOP official in PA slams the Trump campaign after they asked for: "names of people who transport ballots & voting machines once polls close, the names of people who have access to the ballots afterward & the precise locations where the ballots are stored."

So fucking vile - they're literally asking to disenfranchise over 100,000 voters because they want to change the rules at the last minute. And there's a hearing for this **** on Monday, so if the votes do get tossed, those voters have no recourse to have their votes counted by the election.

Ultimate Member

Yeah this is crazy and given how tight Texas is, throwing out 117,000 ballots will have a massive impact on the race.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com
    So, this is where we are! Trump supporters with weapons threatening a campaign bus.What are the police and the FBI doing? Those guys should be arrested!
    Trump's reaction to those terrorists on Twitter?
    "I love Texas".

He needs to be gone.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In the latest Trumper nut job theory. The FBI needs to investigate the incident in Texas where the "So Called" Trump supporters tried to run the Biden Bus off the road. Because when it is looked at they will find that the people were Antifa who were trying to make Trump look bad. because Trump believes in free speech and would be very upset if his supporters did any thing like this. And most Trump supporters are very open to debate and believe in the democratic process and would never interfere with it.
    So how does Trump celebrating the violence fit into that theory? Is Trump Antifa now?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

And they got one of the most partisan GOP judges out there, so he just might do it.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    GOP official in PA slams the Trump campaign after they asked for: "names of people who transport ballots & voting machines once polls close, the names of people who have access to the ballots afterward & the precise locations where the ballots are stored."

So fucking vile - they're literally asking to disenfranchise over 100,000 voters because they want to change the rules at the last minute. And there's a hearing for this **** on Monday, so if the votes do get tossed, those voters have no recourse to have their votes counted by the election.
    Not "at the last minute" - after the fact. Republicans were consulted on curbside voting, they even made some requests that were accommodated. Then they wait until votes are cast and ask for them to be thrown out. It's not democracy.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Not "at the last minute" - after the fact. Republicans were consulted on curbside voting, they even made some requests that were accommodated. Then they wait until votes are cast and ask for them to be thrown out. It's not democracy.
    We've done that dance with the GOP before.