Page 964 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549609619629639649659669679689741014106414641964 ... LastLast
Results 14,446 to 14,460 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I found more on this: Why the House of Representatives Must Be Expanded

Edit, and I met David Brin once, briefly, at a Conference Book signing. "for woman of tomorrow" heh
    Been arguing this for years! I'll need to read this.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm late but it still fits. Just pretend its dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As far as the EC, this is a fix posted by writer David Brin on Facebook that doesn't need an Amendment,
    Exactly. I find it ridiculous that California has about 60 times Wyoming's population, but only 20 times their electoral votes and Congressional representation. One citizen, one vote. That's how it should be.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 11-01-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I'm trying really hard not to laugh, I'm failing but I'm making the effort.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I think we can all agree that the history books

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I'm late but it still fits. Just pretend its dawn.

Cap Reference Meme.jpg

An old meme that I've been saving to use for the right moment. Thank you so much.

Unfortunately there's no song to play to portal us back.

BANNED

Do you think he is going to win the popular vote?

If not, which States do you think he will win to put him over the top in the EC?
    Popular vote, no, California is too big, that alone prevents it. For the EC, I see him take Fl, AZ, NC, Ga and Pa along with either MI or WI. Maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Have we seen or heard from members of the last group abandoned to the elements after a rally? Are they still gung ho for Trump after that? What about now? I mean, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern...and I doubt it'll be long before this happens again. These people paid money to be used as propaganda, and then got dropped the seconds the camera turned off. If that doesnt speak to the storied 'clazz' and 'elegnace' of the Trump Klan, I dunno what does.

Oh yeah...all the rape and treason and fraud and racism...
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-01-2020 at 01:18 PM.

I see we've moved on from worrying about Trump winning to worrying about Trump cheating/stirring up chaos.

I need booze. Not a big drinker, but... booze.

As far as the EC, this is a fix posted by writer David Brin on Facebook that doesn't need an Amendment,
    Politically, it's a smart move.

I'm curious why the Democrats aren't advocating for it. With 100+ new congressional districts, it also makes it easier for incumbents to keep their job, which could get Republicans on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I do blame voters. I blame the DNC, too.

I think it's important in a two party system to vote for what you see as the better option. Or, the lesser evil, if you will. But I don't blame voters for feeling like their interests aren't represented by candidates. It is not the fault of the people if a party continually nominates candidates that the younger voters aren't inspired by.

I think that's something the DNC don't really seem to ever grasp. Young people aren't just going to vote against Republicans when the alternative is a party they don't feel represents what they want. Whereas conservatives absolutely will. In part because their party has weaponized their beliefs. But that's another topic.
    I would expect progressive candidates to do better if the electorate is Democratic primary voters than in the general election.

An inspirational candidate could win a primary by inspiring less people than would be needed in a general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Update- Facebook says it was an error.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2020/11/...r-removal.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Popular vote, no, California is too big, that alone prevents it. For the EC, I see him take Fl, AZ, NC, Ga and Pa along with either MI or WI. Maybe both.
    It's not that California is too big. I mean...c'mon, that's just a stupid 'arguement'. Land doesnt vote. The 'problem' with the popular vote is that California has a larger population than all the 'real America' states combined (and thus, a laughably smaller representation in national government than those states), with too many American citizens that you don't like and wish would go away or 'see the light', so you have no problem with their votes being invalidated by the EC in favor of the loser of the actual election.

Again.

I mean, your president clearly has a pathology where he can't be honest or he'll die...but it would be nice to see ANY of his supporters be, like, HALF as honest as they claim their president is...

Edit: Pre-emptively stating that I don't care about Trump voters. I barely consider them 'human', at this point, after all the awfulness they've revealed about themselves over the last few years. Or sometimes, I think they are 'too' human, if I'm feeling particularly nihilistic. Either way, I admit that I wish they would go away or 'see the light'.

HOWEVER:
    - I'm not calling for those I disagree with to be locked up in camps.
    - I'm not out there driving through crowds of them.
    - I'm not threatening their lives because they dont support 'my' candidate.
    - I'm not intimidating them at the polls.
    - I'm not shooting into crowds of them.
    - I'm not making up stories to frighten children with about them.
    - I'm not trying to prevent them from voting by cheating brazenly.
    - I'm not trying to (or advocating for others to) invalidate or steal their votes.

I just think they're garbage people. Because they do all of the things I don't, and wont, and they are PROUD of it...
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-01-2020 at 01:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It's not that California is too big. I mean...c'mon, that's just a stupid 'arguement'. Land doesnt vote. The 'problem' with the popular vote is that California has a larger population than all the 'real America' states combined (and thus, a laughably smaller representation in national government than the yokel states), with too many American citizens that you don't like and wish would go away or 'see the light', so you have no problem with their votes being invalidated by the EC in favor of the loser of the actual election.

Again.

I mean, your president clearly has a pathology where he can't be honest or he'll die...but it would be nice to see ANY of his supporters be, like, HALF as honest as they claim their president is...
    Dude, what are you even talking about? Lose the hate already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It's not that California is too big. I mean...c'mon, that's just a stupid 'arguement'. Land doesnt vote. The 'problem' with the popular vote is that California has a larger population than all the 'real America' states combined (and thus, a laughably smaller representation in national government than those states), with too many American citizens that you don't like and wish would go away or 'see the light', so you have no problem with their votes being invalidated by the EC in favor of the loser of the actual election.

Again.

Edit: Pre-emptively stating that I don't care about Trump voters. I barely consider them 'human', at this point, after all the awfulness they've revealed about themselves over the last few years. Or sometimes, I think they are 'too' human, if I'm feeling particularly nihilistic. Either way, I admit that I wish they would go away or 'see the light'.

HOWEVER:
    - I'm not calling for them to be locked up in camps.
    - I'm not out there driving through crowds of them.
    - I'm not threatening their lives or intimidating them ar the polls.
    - I'm not shooting into crowds of Trump supporters.
    - I'm not trying to prevent them from voting by cheating brazenly.
    - I'm not trying to (or advocating for) invalidate or steal their votes.

I just think they're garbage people.
    Bear in mind that 4 million Californians voted for Trump in 2016, the largest for any state.

The stuff about CA's population cuts both ways. It has more people than many flyover states but less representation but that also includes Californian Republicans too.

Et in arcadia, ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Exactly. I fond it ridiculous that California has about 60 times Wyoming's population, but only 20 times their electoral votes and Congressional representation. One citizen, one vote. That's how it should be.
    Honestly, I don't see the Republican party being willing to back any reforms that might make it harder for them to maintain minority rule. In order to get them on board they'd need a year of being made to experience all the stuff they were doing when they were in charge. Cut off disaster aid for red states, pass some laws that target their states specifically such as "No state may receive more of less money from the federal government than 75-125% of what they send in return (with an exception for non-contiguous states like Alaska and Hawaii, as well as any territories that might get added at a later date), and only then, when the Republicans are begging for the jackboot they created to be taken of their own necks, push the reform bills that prevent future governments (no matter who is in charge) from doing it again.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The campaign is broke. They don't have money for more shuttles. This will be the story for the next 2 days on super-spreader events.

And the lemmings who support him are dumb enough to keep getting stuck in the cold and walking for miles at the next 4 events.
    I am surprised. Given the number of big money donors, the GOP has (like the Mercers), why don't these people just cut his campaign a check or are they afraid he is going to steal their money?