Page 969 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4698699199599659669679689699709719729739791019106914691969 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 75153
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Back to wish good vibes to the resistance. It's throw his ass out of office Eve, ya'll! Let's gooooooooooooo!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I've known people who complained about the EC even before Bush/Gore. It's the argument/defense some people give, for why they don't bother voting; their individual vote doesn't actually count, so why bother?

Not saying it's right, but I've heard that argument pretty much all my life. "Our votes are symbolic, the electoral college really decides."
    That only applies to the Presidential election. For down ballot races, your vote matters a lot more and the people elected to those posts often matter a lot more to people's daily lives than who the President is.
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That only applies to the Presidential election. For down ballot races, your vote matters a lot more and the people elected to those posts often matter a lot more to people's daily lives than who the President is.
    In most cases, downballot votes depend on the Presidency. Since these candidates aren't as likely to make themselves known as the POTUS and so depend on voters to vote for them in alignment with the President.

So it's moot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post

Looks like Texas Republicans are losing their shite, over the fact that polls are showing that Trump's turned their home into a swing state, demographic change is a b.

Yee ha! Saddle up boys they ain't taken Texas without a fight! Were going to surround a bus like thugs and interfere with the Democratic process. Biden is a puppet of George Soros. Yee ha! God bless America!
    I wonder, when these guys watched the Dukes of Hazard, did they root for Boss Hogg? Or did they convince themselves that Boss Hogg must have been a liberal?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well SNL seems to be redoing something they did a couple years ago. Dave Chappelle hosted the 1st episode post election of 2016 where Trump won. In it his sketch of an election night became a classic on the show as the people around him were full of despair. Not a good sign for this it seems.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I wonder, when these guys watched the Dukes of Hazard, did they root for Boss Hogg? Or did they convince themselves that Boss Hogg must have been a liberal?
    Rednecks have become the authority figure villians from old redneck movies because they realized they liked being racist more than they disliked authority.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That doesn’t seem at all desperate, does it? What could be even more desperate? Well, how about seeing Ted Cruz have to seek out a 2018 campaign visit from Donald Trump, a man who still won’t take back accusing Cruz’s father of taking part in the assassination of JFK. We can’t help but laugh, but seriously, Ted Cruz can’t look cool no matter what he tries. He can’t even successfully post a Facebook Live video without f***ing it up. Beto O’Rourke ran circles around him in their 2018 debate, perhaps the saddest moment being when Sen. Cruz was stumped into silence for a full six seconds when asked to discuss something… anything that has nothing to do with politics that would give Texans an insight into who he is as a person.

Beto O’Rourke was seriously living rent free in Ted Cruz’s head, as evidenced by the photo of Cruz looking pathetic and staring at a photo of O’Rourke while sitting on a plane sure makes it look that way and then how his attempts to use photos of O’Rourke in a band in college where he wore a dress backfired, as others posted pictures of Ted Cruz in college, dressed up as a mime.vCruz has been heckled out of restaurants in Washington, D.C., because people have their limits.

After his re-election by a narrow margin to a second term in the Senate, Ted Cruz has continued to be human garbage. It wasn’t just that in June of 2019, that he came to the defense of a conservative pundit who was under fire for harassing a journalist from Vox with homophobic slurs (interesting battle you picked there, Ted)… In September of 2019, he tried arguing against gun control by blaming violence in Chicago (and getting its new mayor to tell him to cram it in his cramhole). When word came that Brett Kavanaugh had ANOTHER accusation of sexual assault leveled against him, Cruz responded that people “need to let the anger go”, as if it’s wrong to be ANGRY ABOUT A SERIAL SEXUAL PREDATOR ON THE SUPREME COURT.

But never forget that Ted Cruz is a repugnant, holier-than-thou Evangelical who will try and distract from say, the impeachment of Donald Trump, to be utterly repugnant, and refer to a 7 year old boy receiving hormone blockers to undergo gender conversion therapy as “child abuse.

In the past year since we’ve updated our profile of Ted Cruz, we’ve watched him He's also tried lying and claiming he never met any of the Proud Boys (he met their leader, Enrique Tarrio, in 2019), screaming at CNN’s Chris Cuomo about how wrong his brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo was for having mask mandates and shutting down businesses to save lives during the Covid-19 pandemic, spreading rumors about the non-existent "Obamagate" conspiracy theory, trying to taunt Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on science only to be called out for denying the science of evolution, and of course, the moment when he did our Senate proud by trying to arrange a wrestling match between actor Ron Perlman and Congressman Jim Jordan (really), After spending the end of 2019 spreading Russian propaganda about Hunter Biden in the hopes of getting Donald Trump re-elected, and then raging at reporters for calling him out on it. As the election approached and the narrative attacking Hunter Biden never helped Republicans gain traction, Cruz decided to, what else… pretend he never was pushing it, and blamed Donald Trump for its failure to stick.

Seriously, the Senate GOP has a full rogues gallery of motherf***ers, but Ted Cruz is somehow still perhaps the most loathsome guy in there (and that’s saying something). His most flattering quality really is that he resembles the Zodiac Killer. And this insufferable prick will be continuing to sabotage American politics and whining about somehow being the victim as long as his theocratic take on the country isn’t reality. He’ll keep that up until he’s no longer office, which right now will probably not be until he faces re-election in 2024.

And we look forward to the election night when he’s rejected, as he should have been his whole life.
    The most pathetic thing about Ted Cruz had to be when he phone-banked for Trump. I mean, phone-banking?! That's not a job you give to a failed opponent. That's a job you give to an intern! Ted Cruz was probably expecting a potential cabinet post and/or at least introducing Trump at a Texas rally. But no, he's told to sit down over there and start cold-calling the people on that list. If I had gotten a call from Ted Cruz asking me to donate to the Trump campaign, I would not have been able to stop laughing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The most pathetic thing about Ted Cruz had to be when he phone-banked for Trump. I mean, phone-banking?! That's not a job you give to a failed opponent. That's a job you give to an intern! Ted Cruz was probably expecting a potential cabinet post and/or at least introducing Trump at a Texas rally. But no, he's told to sit down over there and start cold-calling the people on that list. If I had gotten a call from Ted Cruz asking me to donate to the Trump campaign, I would not have been able to stop laughing.
    I would have asked Cruz if his dad did kill JFK and doesn't he respect his wife any ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Maybe you will like this better.

Side story- first time I ever heard Les Miserables was the cd of this performance. Heard that before I ever saw the show live. And it's still my favorite version of the show.

Ultimate Member

I hope and pray that Biden wins.

We need to return to normalcy, compassion, decency and clear headedness in the White House.

But I'm terrified that Trump will somehow win. It just seems to good to be true to see the orange man leave the "stage".

Amaze me America, amaze me.

Or at least make me laugh please. I sure could use some good "haha" during those trying times.

Oh, i can't wait to see what new craziness you guys are going to concoct us.

Texas Supreme Court rejects the GOP's attempt to toss votes.

They also delayed the appeal to the SCOTUS, citing lack of discovery time since the votes haven't been counted yet.

TXSC also pointed out that by the time the discovery is completed, the vote will be finalized since no digressions were noted in the filing.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11...harris-county/
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...-county-votes/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/01/polit...ing/index.html

If Team Trump sues Texas for votes, it will be hard pressed because of Double Jeopardy. Those votes should be safe. They'll have to find a new group to sue against.

I think they played their hand too early.

Self-own #4 of their election plans.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-02-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't disagree with that.

Raw numbers would be relevant to policy discussions about helping the most people.

As for my background, it matters a bit that I'm white. It matters more that my parents are married, have professional degrees, have no substance abuse problems, and waited before they were 25+ before having kids.
    Whenever raw numbers come up and even the "equal start" ideology comes up, I have never seen in my lifetime or read about in any history book white conservative or liberal America own their part of the problem. Let alone, make sweeping changes that would help POC, LGBTQ, women, etc. because they would have to concede their spot on the ledge or at the very least ... help everyone else get up. It's only been very recently that liberal white America has moved towards this.

Using another common analogy, I am happy you have all that in your background, to start the race. You started way ahead of everyone else without even having the whiteness at work in play. Your starting line was about 25M ahead of the average American. Throw in your whiteness and maleness, and you start at the halfway point. Now the personal drive and family background is something we can address but for the average American black person ... the color divide needs to go first. It has been WAY too long for that to be handled. Same for women and other minorities.

Rhetorically speaking, maybe it is time us white, middle-aged males get out of the way and start lifting up POC, LGBTQ, women, etc.? That seems like a good start to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Texas Supreme Court rejects the GOP's attempt to toss votes.

They also delayed the appeal to the SCOTUS, citing lack of discovery time since the votes haven't been counted yet.

TXSC also pointed out that by the time the discovery is completed, the vote will be finalized since no digressions were noted in the filing.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11...harris-county/
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...-county-votes/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/01/polit...ing/index.html

If Team Trump sues Texas for votes, it will be hard pressed because of Double Jeopardy. Those votes should be safe. They'll have to find a new group to sue against.

I think they played their hand too early.

Self-own #4 of their election plans.
    Another reminder this administration would be far scarier if it was competent. Can you imagine if Trump played these underhanded tricks quietly instead of screaming them at the top of his lungs?
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!