Page 975 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659719729739749759769779789799851025107514751975 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Where did the rumor that trump's a strong person come from anyway? Someone that's constantly whining and has a thin skin like trump isn't a strong person.
    Trump angers the people his voters have been trained to hate for decades, and openly revels in doing so when they need to fear for their jobs if they did such a thing. To them, that's strength. The strength to openly be ones worst self.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Can we not get voting machines to just work? Literally four years of prep time on this, every time, and **** is still "breaking" the morning of. Just absurd.

American Exceptionalism.

But let's spend years decrying voting by mail, despite actual evidence it works with almost no cases of voter fraud.
    It is pretty tough to get voting machines to work. These are devices that are used rarely, with the guidance and support of amateurs, that have to satisfy all sorts of requirements (ADA, voter privacy, quick installation, recording results.)

A bonus problem is that the machines are often old, which makes replacing parts difficult.

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/dismal...ting-machines/

This is why we get screw-ups in red states, blue states and swing states alike.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is pretty tough to get voting machines to work. These are devices that are used rarely, with the guidance and support of amateurs, that have to satisfy all sorts of requirements (ADA, voter privacy, quick installation, recording results.)

A bonus problem is that the machines are often old, which makes replacing parts difficult.

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/dismal...ting-machines/

This is why we get screw-ups in red states, blue states and swing states alike.
    Vote by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Where did the rumor that trump's a strong person come from anyway? Someone that's constantly whining and has a thin skin like trump isn't a strong person.
    Somewhere along the line conservatives confused strength with just being an *******. It seems like his most vocal supporters from the world of sports are MMA fighters (plus Dana White is a big supporter). So that culture by itself is kinda where that tough guy vs douche bag line gets blurry.

As far as the toxic machismo culture, I’m sure Trump’s schtick is popular with men who find empathy and kindness as weak traits and who think men are entitled to dominate women. Unfortunately this way of thinking is still very prominent in Latin American culture. Which could be responsible for Trump’s rise in popularity with the Hispanic male population.

But anyone who pays any attention can see that Trump is a thin skinned spoiled man baby. Probably the mentally weakest president we’ve ever had. Like a lot of bullies his act is all a show to hide his massive insecurities.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-03-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Fantastic Member

Vote by mail.
    Or vote with paper and a pen. No offence, but I honestly believe the old style is more trustworthy to vote on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Or vote with paper and a pen. No offence, but I honestly believe the old style is more trustworthy to vote on.
    I've been voting by mail forever. It's fine. It is paper you fill in with a pen.

It is pouring this morning. Nobody wants to go stand in line for fucking hours in the rain. Or the cold. Or the snow. Or the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Keep watching, the footage elaborates at around 1:35 from another angle. Turns out the SUV was directly behind the bus, before that Black Trump Truck started pushing it out of the way.
    Looking at about 1:20 in, it seems the SUV was changing lanes to be with the bus, and the black Trump truck was already in the lane, speeding up to tailgate the Biden/ Harris bus.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Trump angers the people his voters have been trained to hate for decades, and openly revels in doing so when they need to fear for their jobs if they did such a thing. To them, that's strength. The strength to openly be ones worst self.
    Don't forget the rape. They love the rape.
    "Grab them by the *****. They let you do it."
    Strong...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I've been voting by mail forever. It's fine. It is paper you fill in with a pen.

It is pouring this morning. Nobody wants to go stand in line for fucking hours in the rain. Or the cold. Or the snow. Or the pandemic.
    The reason for the touch to vote comes down to, at least now, trying to be eco friendly with places going paperless. But I agree vote by mail is something good. You know what else would work? 24 hour designated locations for voting and the option to vote online at home though a secure site for it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Don't forget the rape. They love the rape.
    "Grab them by the *****. They let you do it."
    Strong...
    And the BS with the ability to look cool with the "Your fired" **** from the apprentice. I still swear if they had just given him another season he would have just ignored the option to run.

Ultimate Member

People on the Right got their panties in a twist about Obama wearing a bicycle helmet. Strong to them is your basic stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The reason for the touch to vote comes down to, at least now, trying to be eco friendly with places going paperless. But I agree vote by mail is something good. You know what else would work? 24 hour designated locations for voting and the option to vote online at home though a secure site for it.
    Voting by Mail is paper. You can recycle paper. That's eco friendly.

I do not trust voting online. Sorry, that is legit ripe for fraud.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Voting by mail, which I did, is practically bulletproof when it comes to fraud. If someone wanted to perpetrate fraud by mail, they’d have to go though all these steps:

—know exactly when a mail in ballot arrives at someone’s house
    —stake out said address and wait for the mailman to arrive with the ballot
    —find a way to get into someone’s mail slot or box to steal the ballot, a felony I believe
    —fill in the ballot with the correct personal information (which is checked)

That’s just what I figured out off the top of my head. All of that chicanery to cheat on just ONE vote. Impractical and unlikely as hell, regardless of what Trump or Republicans say that mail in voting is rife with fraud.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Voting by mail, which I did, is practically bulletproof when it comes to fraud. If someone wanted to perpetrate fraud by mail, they’d have to go though all these steps:

—know exactly when a mail in ballot arrives at someone’s house
    —stake out said address and wait for the mailman to arrive with the ballot
    —find a way to get into someone’s mail slot or box to steal the ballot, a felony I believe
    —fill in the ballot with the correct personal information (which is checked)

That’s just what I figured out off the top of my head. All of that chicanery to cheat on just ONE vote. Impractical and unlikely as hell, regardless of what Trump or Republicans say that mail in voting is rife with fraud.
    Yeah, agreed.

The GOP simply have no idea how hard mass fraud is. Tipping an election requires thousands of ballots, all correctly forged and without the original owners tipped off.

I suspect that they still cling to the old stories about how homeless people were paid in booze back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    To Republicans, hate is strength, carrying guns is strength, talking **** to people is strength.