Page 977 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4778779279679739749759769779789799809819871027107714771977 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,655 of 75153

So, voted in person this morning at my polling place. Went swimmingly. Except there was some dude hanging about outside the place, obviously acting like some kind of security guard. My guess is he was a volunteer and they told him just to watch for trouble. Kind of bugged me. though, not sure why.

Since I was voting on a paper ballot, and had received a mail-in ballot in the mail as well, they had me sign something that nullified my mail-in voting option. Why they sent the mail in ballot to me in the first place, I'll not know. I never ask for those.

Crossing my fingers for a quick and decisive result, and no rioting.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Why they sent the mail in ballot to me in the first place, I'll not know.
    The pandemic, maybe? Remember that thing? (Yes. The Pandemic. California mailed a ballot to every registered voter.)

Right now I'm working online with my County Democratic Committee to monitor the elections.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The pandemic, maybe? Remember that thing? (Yes. The Pandemic. California mailed a ballot to every registered voter.)
    Yah I get that. No big, I just would have opted out and saved a small bit of money and paper from being printed. Didn't get the chance to opt out though.

Yeah, not this year.

Extraordinary Member

Rather hilariously, it seems like every teacher registered in my town to vote woke up early, drove to see how busy the polling place was... saw it was busy, went to teach grumbling we’d surely have a wait after school was out... all exited at about the same time with permission from the principal to vote... and rolled up to find there wasn’t a line at exactly 3:15.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So, voted in person this morning at my polling place. Went swimmingly. Except there was some dude hanging about outside the place, obviously acting like some kind of security guard. My guess is he was a volunteer and they told him just to watch for trouble. Kind of bugged me. though, not sure why.

Since I was voting on a paper ballot, and had received a mail-in ballot in the mail as well, they had me sign something that nullified my mail-in voting option. Why they sent the mail in ballot to me in the first place, I'll not know. I never ask for those.

Crossing my fingers for a quick and decisive result, and no rioting.
    Could also be one of those self-proclaimed "Poll Watchers" that Trump called for during the debate a while back.

Ultimate Member

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=405042177178449

Trump Supporters TERRORIZE Woman for having Black Lives Matter on her car and cop refuse to report the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Could also be one of those self-proclaimed "Poll Watchers" that Trump called for during the debate a while back.
    Thats what it felt like, some volunteer militia type. Who knows.

I'm a staunch Democrat and I want to believe all the Voter fraud stuff is pure fabrication. But I did see this.

Daniel Goddard is the actor who played the Beast Master on television back in 1999-2002. I think he's on a soap opera these days. He's Australian and apparently just recently got his U.S. citizenship. I assume he voted in California. At least in his precinct, you apparently had to have no I.D. whatsoever to vote. He doesn't really push the issue but it's clear he could just go to another precinct and vote again and then another, etc. Federal crime if caught but could do it.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDan...16983002122779
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Frankly, they ALL deserve to lose their jobs until they get their party in order. Republicanism wasn’t ALWAYS tainted the way it is now. I often disagreed with decisions of past Republicans, pre-Trump, without assuming the worst. But now? Now that we’ve seen what the GOP is willing to do and say and be associated with? Now, anyone associated with that party is suspect. Anyone with an (R) beside their name absolutely deserves all the mistrust and side-eye they get.

So, either let the party die and start fresh with names and resources no other third party has (thereby SERIOUSLY mitigating the difficulties most third parties have in getting taken seriously...) and a clear message and platform that showcases conservatism and distances themselves from and rightfully decries the petty, ignorant, bigoted, reactionary bullshirt that typifies the GOP today. But either way, until something is done, the GOP deserves to lose everything for standing silently by (when not actively aiding) as Trump ran the party over a cliff and into a morass of racist, homophobic, sexist awfulness that we may never recover fully from.

Vote them ALL out until they show us they’ve matured and grown as people.

We don’t let someone bring a plate of dogshit to a potluck and try to pass it off as food. Until the GOP has something OTHER than bigoted, ignorant dogshit to offer, they need to be politely but firmly asked to leave the party.

Period.
    The Republican party has been massively corrupt, white supremacist and awful before Trump arrived. They did horrific things doing Nixon, Reagan, and both Bushes. All Trump's done is taken the mask off. He was the inevitable end game for that party. They should have been destroyed long ago and many of their presidents put on trial for war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Bwahahahahaha.

I needed some good news before the polls close. Thanks.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=405042177178449

Trump Supporters TERRORIZE Woman for having Black Lives Matter on her car and cop refuse to report the incident.
    The cops are on their side. We have known that since the protests.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, that would be my guess too. If he were officially working for the local election board, he would be inside.