Page 983 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4838839339739799809819829839849859869879931033108314831983 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,745 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member

Trump jumped ahead in Texas that is done

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Trump jumped ahead in Texas that is done
    Wouldn't say it's done, but it's getting tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Here's Biden reaching out to Puerto Rico.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bide...n-florida.html

The former vice president delivered his speech at a Hispanic Heritage month celebration in Kissimmee. While there were no crowds, the location reflected his campaign’s effort to court Puerto Rican voters. Kissimmee is the seat of Osceola County, the only county in America where Puerto Ricans outnumber all other ancestral groups.

Before he took the stage, Biden was introduced by two world-famous Puerto Rican performers, Ricky Martin and Luis Fonsi, and by Hispanic American actress and activist Eva Longoria.

In prepared remarks, the former vice president ripped Trump’s approach to the U.S. territory.

“Even after being president for four years, Donald Trump does not seem to grasp that the people of Puerto Rico are American citizens already,” he said.

“I’m running to be president of all Americans, including 3 million American citizens living in Puerto Rico. I’m not going to steal the money that is desperately needed to reconstruct the island, in order to build a wall that does nothing to keep Americans safe. I’m not going to suggest that we sell or trade Puerto Rico. I’m not going to throw paper towels whose lives have been devastated by the hurricane,” said Biden.

Making falsehoods abut Biden and the Democrats during the election about not reaching out to ethnic communities without any evidence is going to make me side eye people going forward. This took two seconds on Google to find.
    The piece is from September during a General Election.

That is not "Reaching Out..."

That is "A Campaign Stop..."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

We knew it was coming... still is painful to read...

Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican businesswoman known for espousing conspiratorial and bigoted views, won her House race to represent northwest Georgia, CNN projects Tuesday.

The future congresswoman drew the scorn of Republican leaders during her primary race against neurosurgeon John Cowan, after reports that she had promoted "Q," an anonymous central character in a conspiracy theory that claims that President Donald Trump secretly fights to bring down a cabal of pedophiles. The FBI has warned such fringe views amount to a domestic terror threat.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    This is just proof that, even if Trump loses, the philosophy of Trump will live on with politicians.

Then again, I just know that the "QAnon" theory will change and say that, I dunno, Trump lost to protect America from the pedophiles or something.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...6-63a78b40cc62

UPSHUR COUNTY, Texas — After being down due to technical issues, the Upshur County Elections Office tells CBS19 the polling places are back up and running properly.

According to U.S. Representative - District 1 candidate Hank Gilbert, the electronic voting machines were down for approximately two hours.

CBS19 contacted the Upshur County Elections Office who did not confirm how long machines were down, only that they were back up. They say machines were down for about 90 minutes.

The office tells CBS19 all polling locations in Upshur County will be open until 8 p.m. to give people time to vote.

Gilbert’s team claims Upshur County did not have paper ballots ready when the machines went down.

"There’s a 60% chance litigation will be filed by the end of the day," said Vince Leibowitz, Gilbert's campaign spokesman.

Ultimate Member

John Cornyn still leads by 6 in Texas Senate race.

Eh ... looking at the trends, I think Trump is getting reelected.

His ground game is beating Biden's and the Latinx vote is going towards Trump pretty hardcore.

That being said, Florida is the new Texas and Texas is the new Florida.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

His ground game is beating Biden's and the Latinx vote is going towards Trump pretty hardcore.
    Yeah, it's starting to look pretty grim if you wanted Trump out of office.

Oh, I'm not looking forward to the victory laps by his supporters, however.

Damn. Guess I'll still hold some outside hope but from those who understand how these patterns work way way better, glad to know now how things are trending.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

That being said, Florida is the new Texas and Texas is the new Florida.
    And when they get screwed over they are going to WONDER why.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Just... what is going on with Michigan? Why is it so red?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And when they get screwed over they are going to WONDER why.
    Democrats have had way too much vote entitlement over the last two elections. It doesn’t work out.

I still hope Biden wins, but this really is showing that a lot of Biden’s strength is completely manufactured in certain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Just... what is going on with Michigan? Why is it so red?
    Lots of conservative voters in the Upper Peninsula and in Grand Rapids.