Page 993 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 49389394398398999099199299399499599699710031043109314931993 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,895 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    We don't know that. All the votes have yet to be counted.

Let's break down the numbers when that's happened, and ask why.
    Sorry, I didn’t phrase that correctly.

I was only referring to California and the Latinx thing was in reference to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    How the Hell did he gain ground with Black men? or am I just reading that wrong?
    It's mostly because a lot of us are losing faith in the Democratic party and whether or not they truly care about us or if they're just using us to get the easy votes. Unfortunately, you have those who think "well this side doesn't really care so that MUST mean that the other side does". Even though said other side has a history of turning a blind eye to race related issues and backing people who are very openly racist.

I'd rather go with the side that at least pretends to care. So you won't see me in any Republican corner anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The Latinx vote is just really interesting. It's such a complicated demographic to target. Looking at South Florida and South Texas compared to Arizona/Nevada.
    It's time for us to actually learn about the complex histories and cultures of Latin Americans. No more treating them as a monolith.

If Trump does win, I swear he must have sold his soul to the devil or made a demon's pact. No one can get away with as much as Trump has and still remain standing and in one piece. Not without some kind of unnatural, supernatural, and definitely evil help.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-03-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I still have a marginal amount of confidence. Trump is not doing well enough in early counts in Pennsylvania, Michigan and especially Wisconsin and he can even afford to lose one of those with the map right now if Arizona goes the way it looks like he's going to.
    There may also be a red mirage situation with some of the results, if in-person votes are counted first.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If Trump does win, I swear he must have soul his soul to the devil or made a demon's pact. No one can get away with as much as Trump has and still remain standing and in one piece. Not without some kind of unnatural, supernatural, and definitely evil help.
    He definitely has what one would call the devil’s luck.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

If Trump does win, I swear he must have soul his soul to the devil or made a demon's pact. No one can get away with as much as Trump has and still remain standing and in one piece. Not without some kind of unnatural, supernatural, and definitely evil help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trump is on a tirade on Twitter about AZ.

Saying Fox ruined it for him.

He's been really quiet, more than I expected tonight.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-03-2020 at 10:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Republican Party?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump is on a tirade on Twitter about AZ.

Saying Fox ruined it for him.

He's been really quiet, more than I expected tonight.
    The Fox announcement of AZ prevents him from declaring victory on election night as he undoubtedly planned to do (and might very well do).

Mind you, 538 and Nate Cohn have also cautioned people noting that Fox's announcement is a little too early but AZ is likely to go Biden anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The Latinx vote is just really interesting. It's such a complicated demographic to target. Looking at South Florida and South Texas compared to Arizona/Nevada.
    In Texas Biden pretty much won the counties near the border of Mexico. In a few cases SOUNDLY beat him. Republicans got massacred in Dallas. He even won Redneck central Harris County.

Like someone said-you have to look at the histories of some of these places to understand. I mean here in some parts of Texas Latinx (among others) could attend school with white kids during Jim Crow and Segregation. Also it helped to have not one but two former Governors who later became President of the United States-who had Latinx in their families.

The chart I am looking had Biden win Miami Dade & Palm Beach County.

Whether or not this ends like 2016, it certainly is in my trajectory of viewership. I start off bright eyed and bushy tailed, super excited about politics and making fun of Wolf Blitzer and John King. Now here we are at 30 past midnight trying to keep my eyes open and a stress headache.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    CORRECT. Yet those folks ignore the fact there were black folks working and supporting that bill. At least one that I know of just got re-elected in a landslide tonight. Yet no one got in her face about that bill.

And that should be a WAKE UP call for everyone no matter what party.

For Democrats-it means fixing a LOT of things. Like all those Democratic cities Trump attacked. If doing what is needed to be done in Chiraq ticks off SJWs-so be it.

Ignoring Latinx voters has to stop. Because Republicans have someone in Texas who could easily get those votes if he runs for President-anyone wants a third Bush in the White House in another 8-12 years?
    One step to going for latinx voters might be to not use the phrase latinx, which does not poll well with the group.

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic...just-3-use-it/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    In Texas Biden pretty much won the counties near the border of Mexico. In a few cases SOUNDLY beat him. Republicans got massacred in Dallas. He even won Redneck central Harris County.

Like someone said-you have to look at the histories of some of these places to understand. I mean here in some parts of Texas Latinx (among others) could attend school with white kids during Jim Crow and Segregation. Also it helped to have not one but two former Governors who later became President of the United States-who had Latinx in their families.

The chart I am looking had Biden win Miami Dade & Palm Beach County.
    The key is the margin there compared to 2016 and Obama runs. Its the largest share that a Dem candidate needs to run up to beat the rural counties and the panhandle. He did worse than Clinton.

Its not surprising that Biden won Texas cities and suburbs. Beto paved the way for how close Dems could get here. But, Texas voter turnout in general is one of the lowest.

Biden apparently will speak later projects are to calm Dems about the process and they expected not to know tonight based on how the votes are counted in Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn

So, looks like Biden has Arizona.

If he takes that, alongside Michigan and Wisconsin (as expected) he's at 270. He can lose everything else.

Also, looking at Georgia, that might be the *real* surprise of the election. The NYT has Biden favored to win there at the moment given the outstanding ballots.

Either way, we are going to be looking at an *extremely* protracted process over the next weeks and months as Trump will try to undermine any results that don't favor him through his stacked courts.