Page 995 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 49589594598599199299399499599699799899910051045109514951995 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,925 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Calm down.

Look here.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/elections-2020/results

They break down which way the states not called yet will be breaking.
    Just had a look at BBC website...which effectively says that it’s much closer than “anyone” expected (well...apart from many people on this website.)

Must admit I (like BBC) didn’t think it would be close...it looks like the Donald would probably have won without the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The bad news from my PoV is that this isn't a landslide win - meaning we still don't have a chance for a conservative political party. Trumping has accelerated (ok, finished) the transformation of the Republican party into a reactionary/authoritarian one.

I want to return to a time when election results merely left me disappointed rather than frightened.
    Van Jones over on CNN mentioned how it's the question of a moral victory over a political victory. Biden could still very win. In fact, I'd make the argument that Joe Biden is in still in a really good place to win. But, we don't get the refutation of Trumpism like we hoped. This isn't the landslide for decency that we hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The bad news from my PoV is that this isn't a landslide win - meaning we still don't have a chance for a conservative political party. Trumpism has accelerated (ok, finished) the transformation of the Republican party into a reactionary/authoritarian one.

I want to return to a time when election results merely left me disappointed rather than frightened.
    I'll note that Sen. Marco Rubio went to a Trump rally and gave a thumbs up to the goons in Texas trying to run a Biden/Harris bus off the road.

The GOP is, make no mistake, a right-wing fascist party. And they're not giving anyone the impression that they're gonna learn anything after the 2020 election. They're going to research what else they can do to steal 2022 and 2024 rather than recalibrate who they are as a party to actually try and win a majority back.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So...have Trump's militias starting to take the streets or not yet?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    This isn't the landslide for decency that we hoped.
    Honestly, I never expected it to be. I'm not even worried about that. I just...need him to win

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Google is showing the poll results....guys...its not good. PA , Wisconsin and Michigan all seem to be in HUGE leads for Donald Trump. I hate this but....its nearing the end.
    Whatever way it breaks, I'm betting it comes down to less than 10 EC votes.
    Gonna be another sleepless night.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Just had a look at BBC website...which effectively says that it’s much closer than “anyone” expected (well...apart from many people on this website.)

Must admit I (like BBC) didn’t think it would be close...it looks like the Donald would probably have won without the virus?
    Had he not lied to the people and ended up with 240,000 dead because of a terrible Covid-19 response?

Yeah, I don't have enough faith in Americans to think he wouldn't have won re-election in that scenario.

Motherf***er spent the last week of the campaign literally abandoning his supporters in the cold miles away from their cars, and they still will vote for him. It is a cult.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

I'm not so sure. It seems like Trump is only doing worse in the suburban areas, which were he (and his people) began to trend down in 2018. It's also possible that Biden would have been more successful if he could have run a more robust campaign. Since they were taking COVID seriously, it really tied a hand behind their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Had he not lied to the people and ended up with 240,000 dead because of a terrible Covid-19 response?

Yeah, I don't have enough faith in Americans to think he wouldn't have won re-election in that scenario.

Motherf***er spent the last week of the campaign literally abandoning his supporters in the cold miles away from their cars, and they still will vote for him. It is a cult.
    Another thing that has been solidified is that debate results don't matter to Republicans anymore. It isn't just Trump, Ossof lost as well to a guy he left stuttering, and who pulled a Sir Robin for the next debate - it didn't matter to them, since apparently NOTHING is worse than being a Democrat. Not cozying up to our enemies, not throwing your constituents to the wolves while protecting your stock portfolio, not openly calling for them to die for the economy. NOTHING.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Would you turn on your democratic candidate and vote republican if the transpiration from the event sucked?

Don’t lie. You wouldn’t. These people have been on board with Trump. The things you guys seem to think will shift them away, especially, to vote Biden instead aren’t realistic.

Ultimate Member

Without the covid-19 outbreak, Trump would definitely have won the election. And it might not have been close.

The US (and the world as a whole) has entered a new dark realm of misinformation via social media.

Make no mistake, the lies and crazy conspiracy theories that we read online is legitimately swaying people.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-03-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Popular vote count:

Biden- 65,041,273
    Trump- 63,319,781

1.7 million vote difference. When it's all said and done, it could reach as far as 3 million votes.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Van Jones over on CNN mentioned how it's the question of a moral victory over a political victory. Biden could still very win. In fact, I'd make the argument that Joe Biden is in still in a really good place to win. But, we don't get the refutation of Trumpism like we hoped. This isn't the landslide for decency that we hoped.
    I've never really bought into that folks(well, outside of some of the specific "Trump" base...) are going to come out to vote "Against..." something.

Go back, and read the interview with the kid that worked in meat packing who was backing Sanders during the primary. Look at why he said that he was.

Ultimate Member

Ok, just looked at Georgia again and it's getting freaking tight!

I can see why Trump hasn't gone tweet crazy (outside of the bullshit he was screaming about a few hours back).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I disconnected from social media around six last evening, watched no news and followed no election results so I could sleep overnight, but I couldn’t anyway, now I wake up to this madness. What the hell has happened to this country?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!