Page 999 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 499899949989995996997998999100010011002100310091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,985 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    1) Biden was the safe choice, and remains to be. And this isn't over yet, this could take weeks until we get all the votes. Who was saying he wasn't like Hillary, receipts please? The argument was that Biden was safer than Bernie, not a personal guarantee they won't lose. No politician can guarantee that, including Bernie. Who proceeded to lose to both Biden and Hillary. This argument appears more of an attack on Biden rather than a defense than Bernie would have won this had he been the nominee. Which is telling.

2) Black Southern voters are a vital portion of the Democratic electorate every president needs in their corner in the primaries and the presidential. Something Bernie alienated twice in the primaries to his detriment. The Black vote is a massively important voting bloc within the party itself. Who is this "everyone"? I'd like to see names and quotes otherwise it's just "some people say" Trump says to bolster his arguments with nothing of substance. Let's stop right there, we both know we'd be doing this no matter who won the primaries that wasn't Bernie. It's true Biden didn't do well in Florida and the Black vote shifted away to an extent, but this implies they would both fall in lie with the candidate who got in trouble for signal boosting Fidel Castro as well as the fact he had many, many problems alienating the Black vote like dissing Obama on MLK day in a Black church

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/06/ber...ma-supporters/

and did not attend the anniversary of Bloody Sunday in Selma, a move so tone deaf Bloomberg got it right. Bloomberg.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...voters/607789/

Stacy Abrams is a Leftist politician, she came up as a politician backed by Our Revolution. How did she lose? Because she was running against a Republican politician who stole her election and got away with it. I guess it isn't just Democrats who will be derided for being weak when they are victims of being outwitted by Republicans, but Republicans who win by stealing elections will be implied to be winners who did nothing wrong.

And why is losing bad? The paragraphs above heavily imply the man who lost to Hillary and Trump is the "winner" we need.

How has the economy been strong under Trump?
    “why is losing bad”

We’ve been over this before. The primary does not yield the strongest candidate, once again all the states you said were vital in a primary all went red

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Where are they? How did the Democratic party "keep them out?". Always talk of some invisible army and Democratic party conspiracy theory. Bernie was the clear favorite and he needed that invisible army. Somehow the DNC "kept them out", didnt allow them to come vote for Bernie?
    Here's the thing...

If the folks who nominated the guy who just managed to not deliver on all of those swing states had taken a minute to do this degree of second guessing about that and his nomination?

Probably be looking at a whole other picture right now.

As for "Where Are They?..."? "How Did The Democratic Party 'Keep Them Out?'..."?

It is the same answer as "How Is Trump Doing Better With All Of These Groups Of People Who Shouldn't Be Backing Him?..."
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-04-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They poll much better in the rust belt which is crucial. You basically have to write off the south for places where those sensibilities are more favorable. The biggest thing is, even on Fox’s pills tonight.. progressive policies are popular. Bernie or Warren could run off them. Biden couldn’t be promised conservative southerners he wouldn’t. Also not having a platform hurt Biden
    But if Dems were looking for a candidate most likely to win wouldn’t it have been the equivalent of UK’s Tony Blair when he first won? (i.e. Young, good on tv, towards right wing of Dem party so he could reach out to floating voters.)

1) Biden was the safe choice, and remains to be. And this isn't over yet, this could take weeks until we get all the votes. Who was saying he wasn't like Hillary, receipts please? The argument was that Biden was safer than Bernie, not a personal guarantee they won't lose. No politician can guarantee that, including Bernie. Who proceeded to lose to both Biden and Hillary. This argument appears more of an attack on Biden rather than a defense than Bernie would have won this had he been the nominee. Which is telling.

Go back, and take a look.

This absolutely did happen.

As for what's in green...

Democratic Party voters make dumb calls all the time. Not really news.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

What we have no is a situation where Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina are the deciders.
    Agreed.

Most data suggest Biden will win Wisconsin and Michigan. But either way he HAS to win those two and then take one of Pennsylvania or a North Carolina. Or he can just take Pennsylvania and he needs to snag Nevada.
    Here's the thing. Wouldn't Biden need roughly two-thirds of the outstanding votes to flip any of the aforementioned deciders?

I'll admit right off the bat I can't go into a detailed County/State discussion for the simple reason that most analysts tonight were the absolute worst and kept bringing up pointless data, lol. Hell, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Fox crunching-numbers team actually came off as the good guys tonight. Surreal.

Astonishing Member

“why is losing bad”

We’ve been over this before. The primary does not yield the strongest candidate, once again all the states you said were vital in a primary all went red
    It's telling how the rest of my post was ignored with this response. Where is the argument that Bernie is the strongest candidate? I gave numerous examples of why that wasn't true, since they weren't argued against I'll take that that there is no argument with any substance. If Biden lost this states where is the argument that Bernie could gave succeeded? This would have lost Florida for him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hell with it. I'm going to go about my life and not let this **** drive me crazy. I survived the first four years of life with Trump in the Oval Office, I'll find a way to get past this as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It could obviously go either way, but given how basically every freakin' national poll was hilariously/distressingly off, I can't help but think it'll play out similarly with the outstanding votes. Sure, everyone's expecting for the gap to close in the Dems' favor, but will it be enough to flip enough of the swing states in which Trump currently has a lead?
    That's the thing, Trump's lead is looking very large in the blue wall.

I hope the incoming votes will be enough but somehow I doubt it.

It's telling how the rest of my post was ignored with this response. Where is the argument that Bernie is the strongest candidate? I gave numerous examples of why that wasn't true, since they weren't argued against I'll take that that there is no argument with any substance. If Biden lost this states where is the argument that Bernie could gave succeeded? This would have lost Florida for him.

When everyone has to drop out to stop you from getting the nomination?

That's all the argument you need.

When all of the union members that mainstream Democratic Party sympathetic media say you have ticked off show up and vote for you anyway?

That's just the bonus points on the above argument.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Agreed.

Here's the thing. Wouldn't Biden need roughly two-thirds of the outstanding votes to flip any of the aforementioned deciders?

I'll admit right off the bat I can't go into a detailed County/State discussion for the simple reason that most analysts tonight were the absolute worst and kept bringing up pointless data, lol. Hell, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Fox crunching-numbers team actually came off as the good guys tonight. Surreal.
    Funny enough, Fox News has been very measured in their election coverage.

I expected some bluster and all that but we aren't seeing that at all.

Past that...

Sanders could have lost Florida the same as Biden, but had the Latino support that Biden seemingly lacks.

Not even particularly hard strengths to see.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

What happens if no one gets to 270

Never mind that no one puts the same kind of "No!!!..." work they put into Sanders when it comes to if Harris was actually a stronger ticket that a "Biden/Sanders" unity ticket.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Propaganda is a hell of a drug, I'm not sure there's ever been a surefire to fight it.
    Even when you lay down facts, apparently it sort of goes over peoples heads if it's not something that builds into an idea that people already have in their mind about something, or if it's something that comes down as Memeable as it were. Or if it's not something they can laugh at. It all builds into this weird culture where if we vote this way we're sticking it to our former government, or in some cases we're saving the world for our future generations. The Latter which is kind of terrifying when you think about it, because in some cases they think they're doing some form of good. It's twisted.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Their is a universe now where Biden wins the presidency but pence becomes Vice President again. If no one gets 270 the house gets to pick the president and the senate picks the Vice President. Weird