Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I would introduce Robin as 8 Y/O Circus Acrobat who’s parents are murdered by Tony Zucco in an attempt to use Haly’s Circus to run trafficking from Bludhaven To Gotham through amusement mile and Matches Malone(Bruce Age 21 Y/O) working along side Slam Bradley Age 48 for the Mystery Analysts of Gotham, a private detective group based in Gotham take down Zucco with Dick Grayson help in identifying his parents murders. Dick is taken in by George Grayson his father’s Brother who is really William Cobb 108 Y/O Assassin for the Court Of Owls to train as his apprentice. Matches Malone was emotional attached to the case due to his parents Murder (Wayne’s) stays in touch with Grayson and is informed about the Owls. Dick is sent to St. Hadrian Academy in The UK for Elite training from Spyral a secret intelligence agency that trains the best students. Over the Course of 7 yrs (In Yr 5 Matches Malone Becomes Batman) Dick feeds Batman intel on the Court Of Owls/Spyral while becoming a astonishing phenomenon ranking as the best prospect of Spy/Assassin before the two take action and expose Spyral/Court Of Owls. After forcing the Owls out of Gotham & Destroying St. Hadrian’s Dick now 15 stays at Wayne Foundation Tower in a Orphanage run by Harriet Cooper. Batman Age 28 enlist Robin 15 as non field combatant “Oracle” Role Who only engages in battle on rare occasions but has drawn attention for Community Activism acting as Batman public voice.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 08-29-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Not even animation movie can afford including all Robins on one series (Young Justice doesn't count because Jason is dead most of times, Damian is baby and Tim is near invisible on that series). I doubt they can afford that on live-action movie.
    I disagree. It just hasn’t been done yet. When I think of all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies or the Harry Potter films, the ongoing narrative of Batman is the next epic, waiting to be told in an unconventional, new way.

Honestly I think it would be great if the movies really followed the path set in Long Halloween and Dark Victory. Maybe have the post credits scene of The Batman be bruce going to the circus and then have the second movie focus on robin finding out about Bruce's dual identity, with robin factoring in at the end of the movie and having a full team up in the third movie

Have to go with Dick Grayson, I would have him start out as a 16 year old or so and then by 3rd movie he could be in late teens. Having Bruce be about a decade older would create more of a older brother/mentor relationship. I would go the route of the cartoon the batman where bruce tries to keep grayson away from joining his crusade but grayson keeps sneaking out and bruce eventually trains him as a way to protect him. Would certainly give him the more arkham game style of robin costume with the hood.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Okay, since I finally watched Scoob! the other night, here's my second attempt at introducing Robin to these movies.

So, The Batman is just as dark and brutal as advertised. No Robin.

The Batman II is what The Dark Knight is to Batman Begins. Still no Robin.

The Batman III is the rare third film that sticks the landing. And still no Robin... until the credits roll. The end credits (not a cutscene or whatever, the credits are rolling) we get this pop song happy beat going showing some light-hearted animation playing around with Batman and Robin punching bad guys Biff! Bam! Pow! style. Just this bright cheery credits sequence that looks like it was ripped from the 66 campy show that is so at odds with the movie we just saw it's frankly jarring and feels mismatched, like it's the credits to a completely different movie. Basically if you watched Scoob, I want something like the credits they did, except where it works for that fun animated movie, here it's all wrong, but we're doing it anyways.

That's how I'd show Robin.

I mean if anything. The best way would be just hints and mention the titans. I really would love to see Nightwing on the big screen. We can't just have robins not appear. If we can have Batgirl why not Robin? Just an older version.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-01-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Incredible Member

There hasn't been any legitimate "Batman and Robin" action on screen, ever. It's so lame that the best representation of the Dynamic Duo in live action are the terrible '97 film, and.... the '60s show. That's it!

So, I've thought about this. Here's how I would do it.

Robin, aka Grayson (his full name is Richard John Grayson, but it's only spoken as Grayson - his parents have already died when we meet him), is an independent vigilante. He is basically Batman who skipped half of his training and just got straight into fighting in alleyways. He's full of talent, but he's raw. He's going to get himself killed. He almost gets Batman killed. They're both on the trail of the same man. Zucco.

However old Bruce Wayne is, Grayson is 4 years younger. If Bruce is 25, then Grayson is college-aged. Bruce has a bit more experience, and he's naturally more authoritative as a personality. Grayson is more child-like, but not 'innocent' -- he's like Hit Girl in the Kick Ass movies, but a young adult man.

I'd play them like reluctant buddy cops who grow close in a weird way -- not sexual, but in a way that's hard to define, because they're both outlaws and not bound to each other in any formal way. They're not brothers, they're not father/son, they're sort of mentor/student to a point, but Grayson has things he can teach Bruce, too -- they're partners.

And honestly I keep it as Batman and Robin. Everyone always tries to cram in all dozen of them in four movies. Grayson is Robin, the only one, at least for this particular franchise series.

That doesn't mean you couldn't have more Bat Family, just the codenames aren't gonna get legacied. You can have Red Hood and Jason but drop the Robin angle; he's somebody that Batman and Robin tried to help, but like the Joker's old origin, he died, came out of some goo, and was reborn with more hatred. Azrael, Batgirl/Oracle, even Damian Wayne. But there's only one Batman and one Robin, for clarity sake.

One thing in "my dream version" that would probably piss off people but whatever, personally I always liked the idea of Marlon Wayans as Robin in the Burton movies, and like the idea of a Black Robin. And it just seems to fit the "buddy cop" vibe, since that was basically the formula for action/comedies like Lethal Weapon, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Blue Streak, etc, and it naturally accentuates what I find to be most interesting about Batman and Robin, which is the class differences. I'd go with someone with a comedy background. Marlon in '92 would've been good, man. Maybe Chris Redd, he's on SNL -- shorter dude, but has a great intensity and comic timing. Give him movie star money to get into acrobat shape.

"Robin" is a bird, okay, but it's about "Robin Hood." And "Batman" is a rich guy. "Robin" should be basically subverting Batman, stealing from the rich to give to the poor. They should have some degree of conflict from their foundations. Tim Seeley sort of played into this a litttttle bit in his opening Rebirth arc with Raptor but didn't really bring it anywhere in the end, unfortunately. That's interesting to me, and it validates "Robin" as someone Batman needs in order to be a hero. Without Robin being "the voice of the people" then Batman is an insane rich guy beating up the underclass. With Robin's moral guidance, Batman is able to better clarify his targets. In other words, they each bring out the best in the other.

That's how I would do it.
    Last edited by gregpersons; 09-01-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Have him be freshman in high school-aged. Please, no Frank Miller maniac Batman origin.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 09-02-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    There hasn't been any legitimate "Batman and Robin" action on screen, ever. It's so lame that the best representation of the Dynamic Duo in live action are the terrible '97 film, and.... the '60s show. That's it!

So, I've thought about this. Here's how I would do it.

Robin, aka Grayson (his full name is Richard John Grayson, but it's only spoken as Grayson - his parents have already died when we meet him), is an independent vigilante. He is basically Batman who skipped half of his training and just got straight into fighting in alleyways. He's full of talent, but he's raw. He's going to get himself killed. He almost gets Batman killed. They're both on the trail of the same man. Zucco.

However old Bruce Wayne is, Grayson is 4 years younger. If Bruce is 25, then Grayson is college-aged. Bruce has a bit more experience, and he's naturally more authoritative as a personality. Grayson is more child-like, but not 'innocent' -- he's like Hit Girl in the Kick Ass movies, but a young adult man.

I'd play them like reluctant buddy cops who grow close in a weird way -- not sexual, but in a way that's hard to define, because they're both outlaws and not bound to each other in any formal way. They're not brothers, they're not father/son, they're sort of mentor/student to a point, but Grayson has things he can teach Bruce, too -- they're partners.

And honestly I keep it as Batman and Robin. Everyone always tries to cram in all dozen of them in four movies. Grayson is Robin, the only one, at least for this particular franchise series.

That doesn't mean you couldn't have more Bat Family, just the codenames aren't gonna get legacied. You can have Red Hood and Jason but drop the Robin angle; he's somebody that Batman and Robin tried to help, but like the Joker's old origin, he died, came out of some goo, and was reborn with more hatred. Azrael, Batgirl/Oracle, even Damian Wayne. But there's only one Batman and one Robin, for clarity sake.

One thing in "my dream version" that would probably piss off people but whatever, personally I always liked the idea of Marlon Wayans as Robin in the Burton movies, and like the idea of a Black Robin. And it just seems to fit the "buddy cop" vibe, since that was basically the formula for action/comedies like Lethal Weapon, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Blue Streak, etc, and it naturally accentuates what I find to be most interesting about Batman and Robin, which is the class differences. I'd go with someone with a comedy background. Marlon in '92 would've been good, man. Maybe Chris Redd, he's on SNL -- shorter dude, but has a great intensity and comic timing. Give him movie star money to get into acrobat shape.

"Robin" is a bird, okay, but it's about "Robin Hood." And "Batman" is a rich guy. "Robin" should be basically subverting Batman, stealing from the rich to give to the poor. They should have some degree of conflict from their foundations. Tim Seeley sort of played into this a litttttle bit in his opening Rebirth arc with Raptor but didn't really bring it anywhere in the end, unfortunately. That's interesting to me, and it validates "Robin" as someone Batman needs in order to be a hero. Without Robin being "the voice of the people" then Batman is an insane rich guy beating up the underclass. With Robin's moral guidance, Batman is able to better clarify his targets. In other words, they each bring out the best in the other.

That's how I would do it.
    I dig it

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We can't just have robins not appear.
    Actually if Burton and Nolan have taught us anything, it's that yes, we can just not have Robin appear, no problem.

I'm not saying that you should not ever be allowed to have Robin if you want, I'm just saying that you don't have to have him either. Should be up to the scriptwriter and director and so on. But yeah, technically you can totally just not have him. On the flip side you can totally have him. He's not a must have can't make a Batman movie without. Now you absolutely can't have a Batman film where Bruce doesn't dress up as a bat or fight crime.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If you add a Robin, I don’t think their origin needs to (not should) be the main plot of the story.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually if Burton and Nolan have taught us anything, it's that yes, we can just not have Robin appear, no problem.

I'm not saying that you should not ever be allowed to have Robin if you want, I'm just saying that you don't have to have him either. Should be up to the scriptwriter and director and so on. But yeah, technically you can totally just not have him. On the flip side you can totally have him. He's not a must have can't make a Batman movie without. Now you absolutely can't have a Batman film where Bruce doesn't dress up as a bat or fight crime.
    Yeah, the only 100% essential character you need in a Batman movie is Batman.

You just need him and a villain/mystery. Not even Gordon or Alfred need to be there.

The best way to introduce Dick Grayson (THe only Robin that needs to be in any movie interpretation LOL) would be subtle hints or mention. THe First film does not need to have him but if they go further it would be cool to see him, maybe in the final moments of the second movie or even third movie. There should also be a theme involved, like Batman doesn't have a complete monopoly on childhood trauma. Or that no man is an Island and even he needs help.

Of Course The Batman is about the batman however during the course of the movie at the beginning or the middle there is a mention of a travelling circus group, Haley's Circus that new in town and everyone is ranting and raving about the Flying Grayson's trapez act and their youngest acrobat.

Bruce of course is not interested bc of the Killer or Riddler or whatever. And once the movie is ending, the final shot is Batman speeding off to the Batsignal where Gordon over a private line is informing him that Haley's Circus was the target of a hit and the only survivor is a 12 year old boy name Richard Grayson.

A second movie would be about Dick searching for his family's killer as well as a few wealthy families trying to adopt him (Court of Owls hints) but he finally settles on Bruce.

Third movie, at the end he adopts the moniker of Robin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

I think that you don't even need it to be Bruce. "Batman" is a clear identity and shape. The ears, the cape, the methodology. We all know Batman, and it's Bruce Wayne, but we know it doesn't have to be, and Batman stills works. Grounded or fantastical, like the other thread, doesn't matter. Romantic comedy or My Dinner with Andre like Tom King's run, still works as Batman (IMO, YMMV). if you have the ears and the cape and the spooky detective tropes, you have Batman.

Alfred and his role, Gordon, Lucius, Leslie, the Wayne murders, any of the villains - all optional.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I think that you don't even need it to be Bruce. "Batman" is a clear identity and shape. The ears, the cape, the methodology. We all know Batman, and it's Bruce Wayne, but we know it doesn't have to be, and Batman stills works. Grounded or fantastical, like the other thread, doesn't matter. Romantic comedy or My Dinner with Andre like Tom King's run, still works as Batman (IMO, YMMV). if you have the ears and the cape and the spooky detective tropes, you have Batman.

Alfred and his role, Gordon, Lucius, Leslie, the Wayne murders, any of the villains - all optional.
    Eh, I'm not sure of that. Comic fans know it can work with someone else under the cowl with stuff like Dick as Batman and Terry. But both of those still relied on Bruce being involved in some capacity before hand. The mainstream audience isn't as familiar with these things as we are. Bruce Wayne as Batman is cemented in wider pop culture. Batman is more than just a costume, it's part of Bruce's character to the point where you really can't swap him out with someone else.

The general public is going to want the real deal. They may give someone else a shot if the take is REALLY good and marketed right, but I can't see a studio seeing that as risk worth taking since the people they need to buy most of the tickets aren't clamoring for anyone else. I can't imagine a director getting the project would not want to leave their stamp of Bruce himself either.

Incredible Member

I vote for Stephanie Brown to be used as Robin