Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Streets of Rage 4

Like many people, Streets of Rage 2 is one of my all time favorite games. When word got out about part 4 I was excited but a bit skeptical that they could recapture the magic. Let me just say that this game is fantastic! Perfect amount of retro beat em’ up with some fun new additions. They even got Yuzo Koshiro to come back and create a few new tracks. The music is such an important part of the franchise. They even made it play a role in the storyline.

My only gripe is that the cop character Estel and the new versions of Max and Shiva aren’t playability . Hopefully they release a DLC down the line to remedy this.

I love it, it's so damn hard though.

The game is surprisingly tough. I don't think you're meant to be as stingy with your special moves as you were in the old games.

But I love it. I'm glad Adam's finally back in an official SoR game. Skate being nowhere to be seen (outside of the retro character) is odd though, especially given how popular he was. I know Cherry is basically his replacement and she's fun to use but still...figured Skate would at least pop up in a cameo or something.

BANNED

Yeah I've been having a strange craving for beat 'em ups. I've been playing different installments to the double dragon franchise since it's all I've had available and I've heard about SoR4 I don't see it for sale on the Nintendo Switch store : (

Yeah, Adam is one of my faves!

Quote Originally Posted by RisingForce View Post
    Yeah I've been having a strange craving for beat 'em ups. I've been playing different installments to the double dragon franchise since it's all I've had available and I've heard about SoR4 I don't see it for sale on the Nintendo Switch store : (
    Which country are you?
    I bought mine from the UK store and it was discounted too

I really enjoyed it. And I'm really happy to see it get so much success (#2 on the eShop, yaas!). Hopefully it will mean added content down the line. I definitely want to see Estel and Shiva as playable characters.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    The game is surprisingly tough. I don't think you're meant to be as stingy with your special moves as you were in the old games.

But I love it. I'm glad Adam's finally back in an official SoR game. Skate being nowhere to be seen (outside of the retro character) is odd though, especially given how popular he was. I know Cherry is basically his replacement and she's fun to use but still...figured Skate would at least pop up in a cameo or something.
    As a Skate main, I am disappointed, but overall I am really tempted to buy it before beating more of the fifty bajillion games still in my backlog.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    i hope doctor zan gets an updated playable model

Estel! That's awesome, can't wait for this.

I remember opening the first Streets of Rage game one X-Mas many years ago. My brother and a neighbor played it for hours. And just about every day after we’d play, weekends or after school. Even after beating it, we still played. And then came part two. Wow. How could they have improved so much? We loved it. And then three came out as well at some point and we loved that one too. But just maybe not as much as part two.
    I just picked up a Switch last month and it’s my first console since PS2. Streets 4 was one of my first games and it has not disappointed. It is so well done. The graphics look fantastic. It feels almost the same in the controller as the classics but better. The music is great. It’s a great game. 5/5.

One game if you have to play that’s similar, and at times (dare I say) even better, is Scott Pilgrim vs The World. It’s super cheap as a dowload. I got mine for $11. And it’s pretty much a remake of the classic and maybe my favorite beat em up of all time, River City Ransom for NES. I haven’t gotten too far in this one yet but the game is a solid 5/5 for me. Check it out.

So hyped for this. We got confirmation of Estel Aguirre and an article I read said there are more DLC playable characters. Fingers crossed for new versions Max and Shiva.

Already loving the new music!
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-22-2021 at 05:58 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Did they ever add 4 player co-op to the game? If not, that's another DLC I'd like to see them add.

The continued support is awesome though.

Love how the music has a pro wrestling vibe but is also very Streets of Rage! Another great entry to the soundtrack.

One more left to be revealed. It’s got to be the new version of Shiva.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-18-2021 at 02:31 PM.