Default Villiany Inc and Godwatch

What do you guys think about these two groups? I think Villiany Inc should be a mirror of Amazons. That thye are all female and are a sisterhood. That they do care for one another.

Mirror of the Amazons for Villainy Inc I think works well for them. I guess story wise I’d have them as an organized crime of WW’s composed mostly of non-mythical/magical powered villains , sort of like how the Rogues traditionally have been composed of Flash’s non-speedster villains.

For Godwatch, I think it should be an anti-magic/mythical organization headed by Cale who want to neutralize various magical or mythical related characters that see are threats to humanity or want to use them for their own ends. So they’d against people like Circe, Ares, his kids, etc as much as they would be against Diana and the Amazons.,
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-04-2020 at 09:06 AM.

I also wonder. What if the two are just two separate branches? Villiany Inc does have mythical Villians but Clea doesn't mind. Since they both want Diana dead.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think I would consolidate it down to just one group, and I would prefer to keep the Godwatch name as I think it's a great update. Or if the Multiverse was in place, use Godwatch on Earth-1 and the classic Villainy Inc on Earth-2. Maybe a cross multiverse team up? We could have a pre-reformed Paula von Gunther lead Villainy Inc, while Cale is her equivalent on Earth-1, and it would be great to see Barbara Minerva and Priscilla Rich cross paths.

Despite the rush job of Bloodlines, I loved how the line up expanded to have Giganta and the Silver Swan. If the fates are kind and we ever get a WW animated series, I'd like to see the expanding membership play out over seasons.

Veronica Cale should be in charge, with the rest of her inner circle comprised of Dr. Cyber (with that killer design from Bloodlines), Dr. Poison and Queen Clea, who wouldn't settle for being a grunt. She's not a doctor like the other three but she's a monarch and has access to resources they could use for a price, and as the most innately powerful of them, she can fight Wonder Woman directly alongside the "foot soldiers" if need be. The rest of the classic Villainy Inc line up (Giganta, Eviless, Zara, Blue Snowman and Hypnota) would be in it for a pay check and would be willing to follow orders while doing missions for Godwatch, but would also strike out and do their own schemes when not working together. I think both "sets" should have their own dynamics with each other. Cyber is obviously very loyal to Veronica (up to a point) and generally always has her back, but Veronica and Clea are two massive egos that would clash repeatedly, while Poison just wants to conduct her twisted experiments. Giganta would be the "field leader" of the mooks (when Clea is not with them) and keeps the others in line. Eviless and Zara would not get along due to the former's occupation as a slaver, Snowman is kind of the butt-monkey of the group, etc.

Other female villains would be affiliated but not regular members, or Godwatch attempts to control them and it goes south. Cheetah (as a former member) frequently gets dragged in due to her ongoing feud with Cale, Silver Swan and Medusa are tools they attempt to use, and Circe will be called in for the occasional favor if she's feeling generous that day.

Basically, they are a twisted mirror image of the Amazons: a "sisterhood" that is motivated by greed and using each other to advance personal agendas and will betray each other at the drop of a hat, barring a few genuine bonds like that between Veronica and Cyber. Maybe a more serious version of the "Witches 5" from Sailor Moon S.

I would buy an entire series revolving around these women being terrible to each other as they are repeatedly thwarted by Wonder Woman lol

Yea. I agree on the twisted version of the Amazons. I do think they should use sisterhood. That maybe not using each other. At first they do use each other but come to love each other. It's those outside of the group who they hate.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I also wonder. What if the two are just two separate branches? Villiany Inc does have mythical Villians but Clea doesn't mind. Since they both want Diana dead.
    Yes, that might work. Two super-villain organizations for one character might be redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    For Godwatch, I think it should be an anti-magic/mythical organization headed by Cale who want to neutralize various magical or mythical related characters that see are threats to humanity or want to use them for their own ends. So they’d against people like Circe, Ares, his kids, etc as much as they would be against Diana and the Amazons.,
    I agree with this for Godwatch

For Villainy Inc. I think it should be a crime organization/syndicate of villains profiting off of war and the black market.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't see why both Godwatch and Villainy Inc. can't be around at the same time. Godwatch can be Veronica Cale's team while Villainy Inc. could be Queen Clea's team. Both seem to have different endgames to me. As for the team names, I don't think either name is any worse than the Superman Revenge Squad, The Rogues, The Sinister Six, or The Gotham City Sirens. Cale's team can consist of Dr. Cyber, Cheetah, Dr. Poison, & Silver Swan. while Queen Clea's team can include Giganta, Cyborgirl, Zara, Osira, and the new female Armageddon once Diana defeats the Four Horsewomen. I'd also like to see an all male villain team form who thinks they are superior to Diana and all women. This team would push a very misogynistic agenda and include Dr. Psycho(leader), Aegeus, Baron Blitzkreig, Kung, Minister Blizzard, Red Panzer, & The White Magician.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I agree with this for Godwatch

For Villainy Inc. I think it should be a crime organization/syndicate of villains profiting off of war and the black market.
    Yeah, I think Godwatch could work as an anti-magic version of WW's Justice League Dark team.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-06-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Yeah, I think Godwatch could work as anti-magic version of WW's Justice League Dark team.

I would agree if Cheetah weren't a member. Her powers come from a god unlike Cale's intelligence, Dr. Poison's toxicology, & Dr. Cyber's mastery of machines. I suppose they could always replace Cheetah with a non-myth powered villain like Blue Snowman, Silver Swan, Mayfly, Egg Fu, Kung, or The Mask.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would agree if Cheetah weren't a member. Her powers come from a god unlike Cale's intelligence, Dr. Poison's toxicology, & Dr. Cyber's mastery of machines. I suppose they could always replace Cheetah with a non-myth powered villain like Blue Snowman, Silver Swan, Mayfly, Egg Fu, Kung, or The Mask.
    I prefer Cheetah as her own independent force so I’d be ok with one of those villains or other joining in place.

I prefer Cheetah as her own independent force so I’d be ok with one of those villains or other joining in place.

I agree. Cheetah is so powerful & prominent that she's a force to be reckoned with on her own for Diana.

Cheetah could be an honorary member. That she joins when it's something she wants. I do think the two organizations should be two different branches. That both are made by Cale, One for destorying magic. And one to take on Diana.