Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wasn't there some news about Kevin Feige working with Lucasfilm on the next film? Maybe there's a connection there.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Same difference.
    And Rey is a Skywalker and not at all a Palpatine.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    And Rey is a Skywalker and not at all a Palpatine.
    The cringe is strong with you, isn't it?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The cringe is strong with you, isn't it?
    Nah, what is cringey is that rather than just admitting that you didn't know the difference between the high republic and the old republic you decide to just double down.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nah, what is cringey is that rather than just admitting that you didn't know the difference between the high republic and the old republic you decide to just double down.
    Pray tell, what is the difference?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

In Disney canon, basically the old Republic is supposed to be the Republic before the defeat of the Sith (Thousand years before the movies), while the "High Republic" is considered sort of the golden age of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi, about 400 years prior. The "High Republic" is considered part of the "Galactic Republic" era, basically everything after that thousand years up to the Empire.

Even before Disney there was kind of a distinction/retcon since Lucas kind suggested the age of the Republic in the prequels, as some of the dialogue implied that it had only existed a millennium. The Darth Bane novels (Published six years before the Disney sale), for instance, had the Chancellor basically reboot the Republic from scratch after the last big Sith War. It was also sort of a "band aid" to explain some of the discrepancies between older Republic/Jedi EU and the films, such as the Republic having no central military by the time of the prequels, for example (Hence the need for a Clone Army) whereas Tales of the Jedi and others showing them pretty well-equipped.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, after a "masterpiece" such as Thor Ragnarok i guess he's just happy Disney is giving him more job.
    Huh? Thor Ragnarok is extremely well regarded and made more money than both the two previous films. On top of that, he just won an Oscar. Taika's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    In Disney canon, basically the old Republic is supposed to be the Republic before the defeat of the Sith (Thousand years before the movies), while the "High Republic" is considered sort of the golden age of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi, about 400 years prior. The "High Republic" is considered part of the "Galactic Republic" era, basically everything after that thousand years up to the Empire.

Even before Disney there was kind of a distinction/retcon since Lucas kind suggested the age of the Republic in the prequels, as some of the dialogue implied that it had only existed a millennium. The Darth Bane novels (Published six years before the Disney sale), for instance, had the Chancellor basically reboot the Republic from scratch after the last big Sith War. It was also sort of a "band aid" to explain some of the discrepancies between older Republic/Jedi EU and the films, such as the Republic having no central military by the time of the prequels, for example (Hence the need for a Clone Army) whereas Tales of the Jedi and others showing them pretty well-equipped.
    Okay, some of that sounds familear.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Huh? Thor Ragnarok is extremely well regarded and made more money than both the two previous films. On top of that, he just won an Oscar. Taika's fine.
    This.

Taika single-handedly revived the entire Thor franchise with his first swing at the MCU piñata. Then that Oscar from the rabbit movie just cemented his credentials.

Watch this SW movie he puts out there will absolutely destroy anything Kathleen Kennedy's people try to put out.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    This.

Taika single-handedly revived the entire Thor franchise with his first swing at the MCU piñata. Then that Oscar from the rabbit movie just cemented his credentials.

Watch this SW movie he puts out there will absolutely destroy anything Kathleen Kennedy's people try to put out.
    I'm confused...anything he did would still be related to Kathleen Kennedy or as much as anything else Disney Star Wars anyway as she's still in charge. I don't get the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm confused...anything he did would still be related to Kathleen Kennedy or as much as anything else Disney Star Wars anyway as she's still in charge. I don't get the hate.
    There's no logic to the hate, never has been.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Heck, The Mandalorian is a huge hit and all the credit went to Favreau and Filoni. So I can only imagine what would happen with Taika or Feige. Kennedy didn't seem to get any bounce from its success.

The Force Awakens? All the credit went right to Abrams

The Last Jedi? 70/30 split between Johnson and Kennedy

The Rise Of Skywalker. 50/50 split between Kennedy and Abrams

Solo. It's viewed as 100 her fault.

Rogue One. 50/50 split, but a good split.

There is this feeling that if something succeeds it succeeds in spite of her now. It also doesn't help matters when Bob Iger says the buck stops with him when it comes to Star Wars.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-13-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Heck, The Mandalorian is a huge hit and all the credit went to Favreau and Filoni. So I can only imagine what would happen with Taika or Feige. Kennedy didn't seem to get any bounce from its success.
    Course, her bosses know all the behind the scenes stuff and her role in it (and the other projects), and, at the end of the day, they're the only ones who she needs to worry about knowing that stuff.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The Force Awakens? All the credit went right to Abrams

The Last Jedi? 70/30 split between Johnson and Kennedy

The Rise Of Skywalker. 50/50 split between Kennedy and Abrams

Solo. It's viewed as 100 her fault.

Rogue One. 50/50 split, but a good split.

There is this feeling that if something succeeds it succeeds in spite of her now. It also doesn't help matters when Bob Iger says the buck stops with him when it comes to Star Wars.
    Only with a very small and unusually fixated, subset of people.