Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Possible update, apparently there was a listing for a new DCeased digital spinoff series on DC's site, but it got taken down earlier today: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...eased_stories/

So it's possible this panel was just a preview of that and not a in continuity thing. Also the release date is next Tuesday.
    I love DCeased so if it’s more of that from Taylor I’m in, I wouldn’t mind an anthology series or one that explores the five year gap between DCeased and Dead Planet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nguyen? The Lil’ Gotham guy? That panel looked nothing at all like his artwork, although maybe he’s just one of multiple artists?
    Yeah, that panel looks nothing like Nguyen's art. Unless he's just doing the covers for this.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Nguyen? The Lil’ Gotham guy? That panel looked nothing at all like his artwork, although maybe he’s just one of multiple artists?
    If it's a weekly digital book, it makes sense it'd have multiple artists? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If it's a weekly digital book, it makes sense it'd have multiple artists? *shrug*
    And the story seems like it will be jumping around with multiple characters, making it easy to justify different art styles, so yeah I think that’s it. I can tell you this much, no way is Nguyen doing a weekly or even a monthly book lol. He’s not fast enough these days.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

And the story seems like it will be jumping around with multiple characters, making it easy to justify different art styles, so yeah I think that’s it. I can tell you this much, no way is Nguyen doing a weekly or even a monthly book lol. He’s not fast enough these days.
    The way the solicit sounds, I definitely could see this being a series of 4 one shots with a different artist.

"The Anti-Life Equation has infected over a billion people on Earth. Heroes and villains have fallen. In the immediate aftermath of the destruction of Metropolis, Superman and Wonder Woman spearhead a plan to try to stem the tide of infection, preserve and protect survivors, and develop a plan for what’s next. In the Earth’s darkest hour heroes will bring hope!
    2019’s blockbuster series, DCEASED, makes its digital first debut with stories set before the fall of Earth!"

https://www.newsarama.com/50258-dc-l...-and-only.html

Official announcement and the first issue launches today. Having just read the last issue of Unkillables, I really am liking the DCeased books so far. Taylor really does have a way of making these grim stories be full of hope. Looking forward to this.

Whoa Today??
    Edit: Having read it, the art doesn't match up with that panel he posted from earlier. Could be from one of the future issues for all we know. Or maybe there's still something else in the works.
    on a brighter note spoilers:
    hey Jimmy's still alive!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-19-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Whoa Today??
    Edit: Having read it, the art doesn't match up with that panel he posted from earlier. Could be from one of the future issues for all we know. Or maybe there's still something else in the works.[/spoil]
    According to the Newsarama article, the artists for this DCeased series are Dustin Nguyen, Renato Guedes, Carmine Di Giandomenico and Marco Failla. I'm only unfamiliar with the last artist so I checked for some examples of his work but it doesn't resemble the style of the artist I posted originally. Here's an example in case anyone wants to see what I'm talking about: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERsTs-XWAAEoIsi.jpg

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Attachment 96317

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...92738280054786

I don't know whether this is for a digital first series or a non Bendis written Superman comic but either way we may be getting a Superman story written by Tom Taylor in the near future.
    Please god, make it so. I’m not sure how much more of Bendis’ Superman I can take.

Ugh. Edit. I read the rest of the thread.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 05-25-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really wouldn't have thought that was Guedes.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I really wouldn't have thought that was Guedes.
    Colorist can really have an impact. It doesn’t look at all like his previous Superman work.

Eh, little interest in DCeased stuff. I'm so tired of legacy. If the "something else" is a straight-up Superman project, that might have my interest.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Eh, little interest in DCeased stuff. I'm so tired of legacy. If the "something else" is a straight-up Superman project, that might have my interest.
    It’s probably Injustice 3

It’s probably Injustice 3
    Yeesh, DCeased or Injustice, talk about two titles I would happily never see again.