Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Tom Taylor tweets new Superman panel

supermantomtaylor.jpg

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...92738280054786

Something red.
    Something blue.
    Coming soon... something new.
    I don't know whether this is for a digital first series or a non Bendis written Superman comic but either way we may be getting a Superman story written by Tom Taylor in the near future.

I've always been curious how Taylor would handle the proper Superman. He's a good writer but the only time I can think of when he handled Clark was Injustice.

Definitely something to keep an eye on.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hopefully its something as far away from current continuity as possible, like Man of Tomorrow. If it is, I'm down. Taylor gets a little too much crap for Injustice/DCeased, I'm glad he's getting this shot to just write a "regular" Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've always been curious how Taylor would handle the proper Superman. He's a good writer but the only time I can think of when he handled Clark was Injustice.

Definitely something to keep an eye on.
    He did generally good with flashback scenes set prior to events before the game but then again anything that differed from Injustice would have been refreshing at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    supermantomtaylor.jpg

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...92738280054786

I don't know whether this is for a digital first series or a non Bendis written Superman comic but either way we may be getting a Superman story written by Tom Taylor in the near future.
    I hope that mustache guy is a bad guy, cuz he does not look comfortable.
    I’m exited, been a big fan of his work for a long time. Yes that includes Injustice

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Question: Does Man of Tomorrow end with the 6 or so issues the creative team said they were doing, or was it just that that run ends and a new team can jump on. If it's option 2, then he's like doing that. Taylor's known, so that would get some eyes on this thing that I'm sure not everyone even knows is a thing.

In any case, love the art.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Never read Injustice so I just think of him as a solid writer. I'm down with the hope of maybe having different art if this is a real project.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I hope that mustache guy is a bad guy, cuz he does not look comfortable.
    I’m exited, been a big fan of his work for a long time. Yes that includes Injustice
    My first thought was they are father/son immigrants, and he's just kinda hanging there because well, the adult doesn't get to be as comfortable as the child.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Question: Does Man of Tomorrow end with the 6 or so issues the creative team said they were doing, or was it just that that run ends and a new team can jump on. If it's option 2, then he's like doing that. Taylor's known, so that would get some eyes on this thing that I'm sure not everyone even knows is a thing.

In any case, love the art.
    They haven't specified what they are going to do when the runway of Walmart books runs out. There's only been 3 published so far (2 in comic shops) so there's at least 3 more along with Orlando's and Palmetti's Walmart fill ins that could pad it out. The way they've talked about the Digital First series though makes it sound like ongoings.

Hopefully this is a new ongoing. From the art, it doesn't look like a "current" DCU take (missing the cuffs) so it's possible it's a continuation of Digital First or something different.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm not seeing the wristbands so I'm guessing whatever this is it's out of continuity. Unless they just quietly dropped those.
    Assassinate Putin!

Not too wild about the art to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm not seeing the wristbands so I'm guessing whatever this is it's out of continuity. Unless they just quietly dropped those.
    I honestly forgot they did. I forgot the current costume is supposed to have them and I just don't really notice them anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Don't think they have, but on the other hand the Man of Tomorrow stuff stands alone outside of current continuity and yet those do feature the ugly cuffs. So its not necessarily an indicator one way or another it seems.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I kinda feel like it'd have to be a digital first book, since no publisher has announced any new projects since COVID-19 hit, everyone is a month behind right now. And Bendis should still be on the super books till the fall at least.

Ugh I knew it was coming. I’m hoping it’s not one of the main books but we’ll see. The way a lot of you guys feel about Bendis is how I feel about Taylor. He’s written some good Marvel stuff but all of his DC work leaves me cold, just doesn’t ever click with me. Venditti is only having a six issue run with Man of Tomorrow, so Taylor could be taking over for that. Or it could be Injustice 3, MS is going to be showing off third party games soon for their next gen Xbox, and there’s also going to be a Summer Game Show that’s pure digital. WB is sure to show up at one of those shows.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ugh I knew it was coming. I’m hoping it’s not one of the main books but we’ll see. The way a lot of you guys feel about Bendis is how I feel about Taylor. He’s written some good Marvel stuff but all of his DC work leaves me cold, just doesn’t ever click with me. Venditti is only having a six issue run with Man of Tomorrow, so Taylor could be taking over for that. Or it could be Injustice 3, MS is going to be showing off third party games soon for their next gen Xbox, and there’s also going to be a Summer Game Show that’s pure digital. WB is sure to show up at one of those shows.
    To be fair, all of his Superman projects to date have been dystopian because that's all DC would give him. He sounds genuinely excited about this so maybe this is him getting to do Superman HIS way. Do we know if there is even an Injustice 3 in the works?
    Assassinate Putin!