Default Is Thomas Wayne(Flashpoint) still alive?

Alright so I’m not asking about Tom King’s run, there’s already a thread on that, I’m asking if we know for sure whether or not Flashpoint Batman is still around at the end of the run. Sure at the end of that story Bane breaks Thomas over his knee but it’s not exactly like we haven’t seen people survive and heal from that before. At worst he may be crippled but I don’t recall saying he’s dead and Tynion has, probably for the best, choose to leave that part of the run alone for now.

I guess I’m asking, what’s the consensus here? Are we thinking he’s still alive and part of the universe or do we think Bane finished the job?
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-04-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I’m not asking about Tom King’s run, there’s already a thread on that, I’m asking if we know for sure whether or not Flashpoint Batman is still around at the end of the run. Sure at the end of that story Bane breaks Thomas over his knee but it’s not exactly like we haven’t seen people survive and heal from that before. At worst he may be crippled but I don’t recall saying he’s dead and Tynion has, probably for the best, choose to leave that part of the run alone for now.

I guess I’m asking, what’s the consensus here? Are we thinking he’s still alive and part of the universe or do we think Bane finished the job?
    I don't think he's shown up after King's run.

Unless Doomsday Clock retconned it; I'm pretty sure he's still around planning and scheming.

I would like to have a 4 issue mini-series by King exploring what the hell he was up to and where he is now.

I thought he ended up wherever Bane was at the end of King's run?

I'd honestly have rather seen him gone and never return at the end of the Button.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

I'd honestly have rather seen him gone and never return at the end of the Button.

Same. Considered that a "perfect end" to him.
    But alas, King came along and a lot went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

Didn't Bane break his back either paralyzing or killing him (it was never made clear which)? Please correct me if I'm wrong. King's entire run is (thankfully) a blur to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Didn't Bane break his back either paralyzing or killing him (it was never made clear which)? Please correct me if I'm wrong. King's entire run is (thankfully) a blur to me.
    All I know is that Batman locked Thomas up somewhere and a very upset Bane came into his room and broke him over his knee. I don’t know what happened after that or if they ever mentioned what became of Thomas. Kind of why I’m asking if he’s still alive or not.

0FD46E5B-F367-4A25-94A1-287097E3713B.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-10-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

All I know is that Batman locked Thomas up somewhere and a very upset Bane came into his room and broke him over his knee. I don’t know what happened after that or if they ever mentioned what became of Thomas. Kind of why I’m asking if he’s still alive or not.

0FD46E5B-F367-4A25-94A1-287097E3713B.jpg
    That's all that we last saw of him.

Right now, as that story was still freshly over, we are in the middle of a new story, that end highly implied that he's murdered, so for now at least, He's Dead.

Honestly, I doubt many writers really has any use for him. He's mostly one writer (King)'s personal project. It's not like he's Joker or Bane.

I believe, my personal answer will be "He's Dead, unless there's enough people who wants to see him back", but as for me, right now, I do not care.

King really screwed Thomas over. I liked him in Flashpoint and it was great seeing him interact with Bruce and Damian during Convergence, but everything after that was crap.
    First King seemingly destroying the Flashpoint reality and Thomas with it and then King brings him back only to turn him into a terrible villain.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    King really screwed Thomas over. I liked him in Flashpoint and it was great seeing him interact with Bruce and Damian during Convergence, but everything after that was crap.
    First King seemingly destroying the Flashpoint reality and Thomas with it and then King brings him back only to turn him into a terrible villain.
    Wasn’t the one in Convergence Earth-2 Thomas Wayne?
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wasn’t the one in Convergence Earth-2 Thomas Wayne?
    There were two Thomas Wayne in Convergence. The Flashpoint one and the New 52 Earth-2 one.