Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Okay, sure!

*hundreds of dollars and several years later*

Superman from Man of Tomorrow: *Dies horribly and violently and then his entire earth is destroyed*

Me: dammit, if only I had seen the incredibly obvious signs!

I dunno, I thought my position on willful self-delusion was already made clear
    I just don't see it. But you're obviously stuck on the last movie-verse and how it ended, and I don't think that there's any way for you to get past it outside a time machine doing a Flashpoint that prevents that continuity from ending and that movie never happening. So, it's on you I guess if you can't get over that series ending.

Maybe you should just walk away from the DC DTV line?

Why would I expect the entire culture of the company to change on a dime within a year when I've been given no evidence to support that? The new creative teams and new executives are apparently completely fine with how the last universe ended considering they're doing absolutely nothing to fix it when they are in a position to do so, the only reason for me to believe that it's going to end any differently would be because I wanted to delude myself, and I don't.
    I don't think it's the result of an entire company or culture but just the specific creative staff needing to end their entire universe thanks to a corporate mandate and that story being the one they chose to do it.

I don't think it matters now how they felt about the ending of Apokolips War when they're just doing their own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's the result of an entire company or culture but just the specific creative staff needing to end their entire universe thanks to a corporate mandate and that story being the one they chose to do it.

I don't think it matters now how they felt about the ending of Apokolips War when they're just doing their own stuff.
    But they're not "just doing their own stuff," they're taking over a popular product line and all the itenerant baggage therein. If they didn't want the baggage they shouldn't have taken the job, or at least done a big push on the new direction/team. They can't just pick up as if nothing has changed and expect people not to think that nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I just don't see it. But you're obviously stuck on the last movie-verse and how it ended, and I don't think that there's any way for you to get past it outside a time machine doing a Flashpoint that prevents that continuity from ending and that movie never happening. So, it's on you I guess if you can't get over that series ending.

Maybe you should just walk away from the DC DTV line?
    Okay, I'm really not trying to be an ass here but you do realize you've just angrily suggested that I do EXACTLY WHAT I SAID I WAS DOING THIS ENTIRE CONVERSATION as if it's some kind of trump card or victory for you, right? You've spent I don't know how much of your time trying to change my mind from doing exactly this (which I also find baffling, considering from our earlier conversations this is exactly what you were doing as well).

Okay, I'm really not trying to be an ass here but you do realize you've just angrily suggested that I do EXACTLY WHAT I SAID I WAS DOING THIS ENTIRE CONVERSATION as if it's some kind of trump card or victory for you, right? You've spent I don't know how much of your time trying to change my mind from doing exactly this (which I also find baffling, considering from our earlier conversations this is exactly what you were doing as well).
    I don't see how it's a trump card or victory really. But if you're not going to follow the new DTV line...why still bring up the old one?

I don't see how it's a trump card or victory really. But if you're not going to follow the new DTV line...why still bring up the old one?
    *Glances at title of thread you're currently posting in*

I dunno, it's a real mystery

But they're not "just doing their own stuff," they're taking over a popular product line and all the itenerant baggage therein. If they didn't want the baggage they shouldn't have taken the job, or at least done a big push on the new direction/team. They can't just pick up as if nothing has changed and expect people not to think that nothing has changed.
    I mean, somebody has to run the DTV line unless WB outright canceled it. Tucker was different from Timm so I feel like there should be the expectation of the same from Butch Lukic.

*Glances at title of thread you're currently posting in*

I dunno, it's a real mystery
    Yeah, but this isn't exactly a new thread - it's nearly a year old. But clearly you don't want to discuss this anymore, and neither do I.

Yeah, but this isn't exactly a new thread - it's nearly a year old. But clearly you don't want to discuss this anymore, and neither do I.
    I didn’t see it a year ago, I saw it when another member decided to respond to it a year later. You certainly didn’t have any problem responding to it a year later, why is it a problem when I do it?

Why does everything have to be shoehorned into each other? Why can't we just have good stand-alone movies?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I didn’t see it a year ago, I saw it when another member decided to respond to it a year later. You certainly didn’t have any problem responding to it a year later, why is it a problem when I do it?
    I'm dropping it already, I didn't mean to come off like I was ragging on you and I didn't mean to tick you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Why does everything have to be shoehorned into each other? Why can't we just have good stand-alone movies?
    I don't know. They're shoehorning my favorite story The Long Halloween into this new continuity for no good reason that I can see, so I just don't know.

We can, as long as you're happy with Batman, Superman, and Justice League featuring Batman and Superman as the only movies getting made

We can, as long as you're happy with Batman, Superman, and Justice League featuring Batman and Superman as the only movies getting made
    That's what they were doing when they had the shared animated universe. You had, like, one Wonder Woman move and a Titans one. Everything else was Batman/Superman.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

That's what they were doing when they had the shared animated universe. You had, like, one Wonder Woman move and a Titans one. Everything else was Batman/Superman.
    And the Suicde Squad film. And films like Justice League Vs Teen Titans, and Justice League Dark which had Batman in it but focused on characters that were outside of the Bat-verse.