Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman in Apokolips War thread

The apparent ending for this new 52 animated universe that began with Flashpoint Paradox
    spoilers:

-maybe this could have been split into a two parter, but this generally skipped passed the initial failed invasion of Apokolips and imo largely benefited from that
    -So Clark Kent and John Constantine were the main protagonists in the end. Which is very good seeing as they were the best characters of this dc animated movie universe.
    -lots of shock value
    -wait, I thought Swamp Thing and Black Manta were already dead?!?
    -I like that this ties in the JL, The JLD, the Titans and the Suicide Squad, really feels like this universe built up to this.
    -So Amanda Waller finally died of cancer. As a fan of H2P, it’s good to know she’s presumably in hell where she deserves.
    -Lois, Etrigan and Damian are all badasses.
    -Lex Flipping Luthor everybody! Whether it’s the Anti Monitor destroying the multiverse or Darkseid conquering the universe that son of a bitch really does know how to survive to the bitter end.
    -So this began... and ends with Flashpoint. Odd given The Flash hasn’t don’t anything of note or get any development of any kind since Flashpoint
    -I guess the new Superman: man of tomorrow movie is going to be part of a new universe after all.
    end of spoilers
    Well this is a tricky one to rate. Gotta commend then for bringing everyone together and setting high stakes. Must admit to being surprised how this played out.
    For now I’ll go with a 4/5

spoilers:
    how they follow or IF they follow with that cliffhanger is a big factor on how I think I’ll end up remembering this one though
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-05-2020 at 08:17 AM.