Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

spoilers:
    I thought the moment where we see Superman angrily crush something with a closed fist was supposed to be indicative that he was acting more out of emotion than reason, though that's a bit mitigated by the fact that Mr. Rational himself, Batman, agreed to the plan.

Again, I understand why Superman would make a decision based on emotion, but the build-up to it in this movie universe isn't all there. That's why I compared it to the JL episode "Twilight," which I think is fantastic, BTW. I would've liked it better if the emotion of all the characters packed a little more punch, if you'd excuse the pun.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    How did the "liquid" kryptonite not kill Clark after 2 years?
    spoilers:
    Presumably, Darkseid gave him just enough to take away the power, but not enough to make him weak. It's not consistent across Superman stories what's the potency and efficacy of green K.
    end of spoilers

But seriously, if any of the movie parody sites gave this a go, the video would be pretty lengthy. I'd probably call it one big, happy, dumb movie.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-08-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Also have to remember Vic/Cyborg was an unwitting Trojan Horse/Double Agent for Darkseid. Relaying the 2 Leagues and the Titan’s plan of attack to big, bad Darkseid himself. Without that fore-knowledge, Supes’ plan may have worked, a few casualties on the heroes side. Outside of knowing the League’s plans, the Paradooms were a huge, and unforeseen obstacle. Personally, I’d have rather the League suffered losses to the Furies instead. The movie mentions them but we don’t see them.

Imagine the two Leagues and the Titans crossing swords with Lashina (electric steel whips), Stompa (female Inhuman Gorgon/X-Men Juggernaut), Mad Harriet (Harley Queen but a berserker), Bernadeth (pyrokinetic), Gillotina (piercing hands and blades), Bloody Mary (New God vampire) and Amazing Grace (Hypnotic gaze and illusion). The Fury Knockout was already used in SS Hell to Pay and left hospitalized.

BANNED

Only thing I like was that Batgod was made a Darkseid slave as opposed to Superman. Because man that well has run dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Only thing I like was that Batgod was made a Darkseid slave as opposed to Superman. Because man that well has run dry.
    It was nice to see Supes be the underdog leading the resistance I must admit.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Just finished watching the movie. Glad there's a thread here about it.

Two invasions, going through death, and other pain Darkseid caused, I can understand why Superman wasn't happy to see Apokolips reappear, but the beginning felt so out of character for Superman. However, a plan to go on the offensive for a change kind of made sense. War was inevitable. I just wish that scene was fleshed out better. It felt rushed and it didn't feel right.

That was honestly my biggest complaint about the movie. That and well, on such an emotional ride, I hate seeing it end like this. I enjoyed the Nu52 Era.

Overall, the pros far outweighed the cons. That Trigon/Darkseid/Superman Battle was definitely one for the books. I also was glad that Superman was the one that refused to give up even though the odds were astronomically against him. After such a bad defeat, he got back up and kept going. The main protagonists (Raven, Superman, and Constantine) worked very well together.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-08-2020 at 10:13 PM.

saw this fanart. Looks badass haha

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    saw this fanart. Looks badass haha

They better make this dude canon in comics. Devil superman is an awesome superman. Finally, the eagle man has serpent side.

JL Dark AW is the third most pre-ordered movie in the US.

It's higher than Sonic The Hedgehog.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/top.php?show=preorders

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am glad superman animated movies are being picked up. This means we will get more superman hopefully.

Astonishing Member

I loved it,pretty excited on what the reset will mean,most probably and hopefully the Crime Syndicate comes back,they can do a trinity war story that merges into a forever evil type scenario.With a few tweaks,say the CS were sent by mobius to conquer earth, who is biding his time to get the mythical Pandora's box the item that contained the anti life equation- one that bestowed upon him incredible evil .The big surprise we can say is that Mobius is himself in thrall to a bigger bad guy none other than Nekron who bestowed him with the power to lay waste the universe in preparation for his coming.This Pandora's box is a key to release him beyond the known multiverse.In this version we can say Brainiac has plans to possess it as well.So we have an interplay of various villains after one item.That would be awesome.Also tweak stories for our heroes due to the new flashpoint. Like Martian Manhunter heads the suicide squad for example.