Default Reepicheep vs Arya Stark

Reepicheep (Narnia) vs Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)

Movie versions of both.

Arena fight with their swords.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Reepicheep... to my recollection doesn't have a great deal of onscreen feats of serious fights...

He's very fast and agile and makes a lot of use of terrain in his fighting style but that's negated by the arena setup. On the other hand, Arya has to strike at an opponent no taller than her knee which isn't exactly easy.

Not sure to be honest. Arya got like... assassin powers in the latter end of GoT right? How good was she?

In direct combat? Good enough that she technically beat Brienne, but Brienne was clearly holding back and almost certainly would have won a real fight. Her assassin abilities are really more impressive as a prep-tool. She slaughtered an entire house with prep.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    In direct combat? Good enough that she technically beat Brienne, but Brienne was clearly holding back and almost certainly would have won a real fight. Her assassin abilities are really more impressive as a prep-tool. She slaughtered an entire house with prep.
    Arya was also just-as-clearly holding back and playing with Brienne in that fight. Given other crap Arya pulls off, a real fight with Brienne would end a fraction of a second after it started with a dagger in Brienne's eye from a distance. Arya has a MUCH better ranged game - given that Brienne has none, it's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Reepicheep... to my recollection doesn't have a great deal of onscreen feats of serious fights...

He's very fast and agile and makes a lot of use of terrain in his fighting style but that's negated by the arena setup. On the other hand, Arya has to strike at an opponent no taller than her knee which isn't exactly easy.

Not sure to be honest. Arya got like... assassin powers in the latter end of GoT right? How good was she?
    Arya is really, really skilled and quick. She's vastly quicker and more visibly skilled than Brienne, who is supposed to be one of the best swordspersons in Westeros. She's also really, really small and light. Her quickness and precision are out of this world, but she's going to give up reach with any large adult. Here, we've subtracted her disadvantage. Her assassin stuff makes her great at stealth and spycraft, she notices everything, and she can prep amazingly well. None of that is of huge use in the arena. Now, it's also where she learns the sword, and knives, and what have you, so if you bundle that under assassin, well, then she's very good. It would be hard to watch the show and come away with the idea that she's not one of the 5 most skilled people in the show, though that doesn't mean she'd win a death fight in the majority against any of them - she's still less than 5 feet tall, uses small weapons, wears light or no armor.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan