Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Unauthorized use of famous comic characters in India comics

I have put separate thread for copy but here original character with original name is mentioned,
    e.g in Fort comics India we meet superman who speaks Hinditemp1.jpg

shortly I am going to update that in single comics superman batman and spiderman used that also without permission

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Heh. Weren't there even movies made in some parts of the world? Like a Turkish Spider-Man or something?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Heh. Weren't there even movies made in some parts of the world? Like a Turkish Spider-Man or something?
    but this is americal superman not Indian superman

What are the copyright laws like in India? Do they just assume DC lawyers (or WB lawyers or Disney lawyers) aren't going to put in the effort to make a case in an Indian court?

Seems like there are a few Indian films that are just remakes of American movies (I think I saw an Indian movie based on Memento). Did they just rip it off or pay for the rights?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    What are the copyright laws like in India? Do they just assume DC lawyers (or WB lawyers or Disney lawyers) aren't going to put in the effort to make a case in an Indian court?

Seems like there are a few Indian films that are just remakes of American movies (I think I saw an Indian movie based on Memento). Did they just rip it off or pay for the rights?
    I have put seperate thread ,also u can check www.vijayshetty.co ,thousands of comcis are copied from dc marvel ,frame 2 frame

Spectacular Member

superman 1978 movie,its not copy but frame 2 frame of same movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKNcX-Z734

Of course Superman speaks Hindi. He’s the ideal of America, not some bottom-feeder slum landlord with a bad blond weave.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Of course Superman speaks Hindi. He’s the ideal of America, not some bottom-feeder slum landlord with a bad blond weave.
    did not get refernce,is that for some poltical person?

btw this superman is not in dc and without permssion

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post

Um... my knowledge of Indian films is crappy. I know a film featuring WWF wrestlers where Crush took on against Undertaker (who wasn't played by Mark Calaway) in 1996, with the idea being that Crush was a savage who survived an avalanche by eating 100 men (film's words, not mine) and Undertaker had forbidden mystical powers tied to a cult, and they filmed the fight in Toronto, Canada. The fight ended where Undertaker snapped Crush's neck and Crush (conveniently) went into a casket.

Don't know why I bring it up, I just did.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Um... my knowledge of Indian films is crappy. I know a film featuring WWF wrestlers where Crush took on against Undertaker (who wasn't played by Mark Calaway) in 1996, with the idea being that Crush was a savage who survived an avalanche by eating 100 men (film's words, not mine) and Undertaker had forbidden mystical powers tied to a cult, and they filmed the fight in Toronto, Canada. The fight ended where Undertaker snapped Crush's neck and Crush (conveniently) went into a casket.

Don't know why I bring it up, I just did.
    if u see india version of superman ,instead of copyright ,dc will sue them for defamation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOMjiSLk8OY check this small clip

Spectacular Member

indian superhero saves superman batman and spiderman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k873d4xVtPI

Quote Originally Posted by vijayshetty View Post
    indian superhero saves superman batman and spiderman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k873d4xVtPI
    Luckily the press is there to capture the moment, or who would have believed.
    And he doesn't just save them, he then treats them to a grand dinner too!
    Now that's a superhero! What a guy!

So now I'm curious are the comics interrupted by surprising illustrated splash-page musical numbers throughout ?
    LOL joking.

Nagraj actually seems like a pretty great character.
    DC or Marvel should do an official cross over.

Last edited by Güicho; 07-08-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vijayshetty View Post
    but this is americal superman not Indian superman
    Yeah, the Turkish movie didn't make up its own characters, either:

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Apparently, Spider-Man is the mightiest in relation to Superman and Batman. I would not have thought that.

Interesting that it's a snake-based hero that saves them. In the USA, most snake based characters are villains.

Honestly, 90% of Marvel and DC should be in the public domain by now. I don't really like the idea that such big cultural figures are controlled by companies looking to make a profit more than anything else.

I mean, it's not quite this bad, but it's like if the Catholic Church copyrighted the bible and all the characters therein. These belong to the culture more than any one person or company.
    Last edited by A Small Talent For War; 05-06-2020 at 10:50 AM.