Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wallace West/Wally West II/Kid Flash III Appreciation Thread

A kid born of Flashpoint, of the new 52 and a hero of Rebirth. Son of Reverse Flash (Daniel West, not Thawne), cousin of Wally West, former member of Defiance, and current Teen Titan. Some people like him, some hate him, and others can live with him but for now he’s Wallace West, Kid Flash (or just the Flash if you happen to be reading DCeased).

Last edited by sifighter; 05-05-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Shouldn't he be Kid Flash III? Put some respeck on my boy, Bart! XD

Thread title calls him Wally West II, not Kid Flash II.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh damn it does. Not sure what the hell was going on with my eyes lol

Carry on, Wallace fans xD

Although I probably should have put kid flash in the title, let me edit that real quick.

Edit: Okay it won’t let me change the big title name only the little title name. Oh well, it will just have to stay as is.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-05-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

His most recent appearance in Flash #753

RCO010_w_1588689211.jpg

spoilers:
    And...he appears in a quick non speaking cameo in Justice League Apokolips War. He's quickly killed along with the rest of Teen Titans except Damian and Raven. Go figure. He was also wearing his silver and black colors.

I would add an image of it but I see images are still visible with spoiler tags.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 05-05-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    His most recent appearance in Flash #753

RCO010_w_1588689211.jpg

spoilers:
    And...he appears in a quick non speaking cameo in Justice League Apokolips War. He's quickly killed along with the rest of Teen Titans except Damian and Raven. Go figure. He was also wearing his silver and black colors.

I would add an image of it but I see images are still visible with spoiler tags.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That’s kind of why I started this thread today, I felt really bad that they introduced him in the movie just to basically immediately kill him unceremoniously like that. I’m not even sure why they brought him if they just did that.

It’s honestly shocking that the zombie apocalypse universe have done better for him. Especially this would be his first animated appearance. I liked the movie for the most part but that didn’t feel right to me.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-05-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    That’s kind of why I started this thread today, I felt really bad that they introduced him in the movie just to basically immediately kill him unceremoniously like that. I’m not even sure why they brought him if they just did that.

It’s honestly shocking that the zombie apocalypse universe have done better for him. Especially this would be his first animated appearance. I liked the movie for the most part but that didn’t feel right to me.
    end of spoilers
    Getting that traditional Wally West treatment, I see. Picked the wrong character to replace in external media, I suppose.

Anyone else notice of August’s cover of Flash #760 that Wallace’s hair is now more like the actors on the Flash tv show (Keiynan Lonsdale).

B9940982-685D-4DDA-8E1B-3BB29ED6A8AB.jpg
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Anyone else notice of August’s cover of Flash #760 that Wallace’s hair is now more like the actors on the Flash tv show (Keiynan Lonsdale).

B9940982-685D-4DDA-8E1B-3BB29ED6A8AB.jpg
    Totally missed it. I don't know what's going on with that since the same artist has drawn him before, and the hair was cut low as it should.

RCO006_1582258931.jpg

RCO008_1583385388.jpg

I was revisiting Wallace's futures end color scheme and I still just can't get behind it. I don't see why some Wallace fans want it, the palette is just too mechanical, and static, and dull and vaguely sinister; even when they take away the shinyness of it's original iteration. i

f Wallace became his own speedster one day, what colors would you have him take? me, I'm partial to Green but that's due to my own drastic headcanon of what I would do with a older Wallace. if he were to become a Flash, I'd have him go white with red accents, kinda like a reverse of Wally's rebirth color scheme and a nod to his stint on Defiance, plus keep his lightning red of course.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

White with red could be a good look for Wallace, I will admit the defiance look wasn’t bad for Wallace either so if you were to add some color to it then that would be pretty cool.
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    I don't think I saw Wallace once while reading Dead Planet today, I know he will be in it because he survived the original and Taylor said he would return as the new Flash, but its odd when Thunder (Black Lightning's daughter) is in it more then he is.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Taylor already did a lot of Flash content with the one off so he might just be spacing it out.

He was also wearing his silver and black colors.
    The suit he deserves

Last edited by HunterX; 07-11-2020 at 01:40 AM.