Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I like the twists
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I like the twists
    you and me both Grandmaster, you and me both.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like the twists
    Would make for an interesting visual while he runs.

Spectacular Member

I like the twists
    Much better than the spiked back hair I saw him with on one comic. Always nice to see more than bald, ceaser, and cornrows. I'm low-key jealous my hair can't hold a twist like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Much better than the spiked back hair I saw him with on one comic. Always nice to see more than bald, ceaser, and cornrows. I'm low-key jealous my hair can't hold a twist like that though.
    we don't see too many cornrows, unless it's the stereotypical plain variant they use for random nameless thug characters. I actually would've liked Wallace to have, it was a pretty common thing when my big brother ran track when I was younger. there are so many different braid designs they could do with cornrows.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we don't see too many cornrows, unless it's the stereotypical plain variant they use for random nameless thug characters. I actually would've liked Wallace to have, it was a pretty common thing when my big brother ran track when I was younger. there are so many different braid designs they could do with cornrows.
    The irony is that I've been wearing cornrows right now for a couple of months lol. Normally when I see cornrows in a comic or manga, it's the usual straight back kind. I agree it'd be cool to see the different variants like with faded sides and/ or different patterns. I can imagine him getting a unique design and somebody on the street recognizing him from it. "Hmmm, them braids look familiar. Didn't do Wally's hair like that yesterday?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    The irony is that I've been wearing cornrows right now for a couple of months lol. Normally when I see cornrows in a comic or manga, it's the usual straight back kind. I agree it'd be cool to see the different variants like with faded sides and/ or different patterns. I can imagine him getting a unique design and somebody on the street recognizing him from it. "Hmmm, them braids look familiar. Didn't do Wally's hair like that yesterday?"
    Wallace has the ultimate superpower for braids. with his superspeed he can do like 15 different styles a day if you wanted to. maaaan I've been on box braids these last few months, bro I wish I could take out and put them bitches in at will lol maintenance would be so much easier! I imagine wallace would have like a more simple rows design in his civvies and a more intricate lightning inspired design when he's on the job.

currently following:

I will say, maybe tone down the shoulders but I like the new Death Metal/Speed Metal suit that Wallace is rocking.

826D6055-7B30-49B8-923D-7CA33B179FB2.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I will say, maybe tone down the shoulders but I like the new Death Metal/Speed Metal suit that Wallace is rocking.

it wouldn't be bad if they swapped the palette, red with silver accent instead of silver with red. I feel speedsters should always be brighter colors because it communicates the vibrant high energy nature of their characters. I know people really want Wallace to go grey dominate but that color scheme has always just been blegh to me. I guess it makes sense for the story but whenever I see barry and any good speedsters in dark I'm just waiting for them to bring the color back.

these feel very, Mad Max-y
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-11-2020 at 05:07 PM.

currently following:

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Are those goggles or some sort of speedster domino mask?

Are those goggles or some sort of speedster domino mask?
    I think it’s a domino mask but it’s hard to tell, I’ll have to wait until Speed Metal to be sure. I does connect to his head/ear lightning bolts (do we have a name for those?) so it could be googles.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If you were given a clean slate how would you incorporate Wallace West in to the DCU?

Would you have him outright replace ginger Wally with Wallace or would have them both exist side-by-side maybe with Wally as an older mentor figure to Wallace?

Astonishing Member

The only way it would ever happen is as he was originally designed, to replace Wally. No external media has the screen room for two different Kid Flashes with the same name and Wally will never be The Flash in external media now that they've solidified on Barry. The only place I could see it possibly happening is on some long form show like Young Justice that might eventually do the Wally successor story arc, but that's come and gone and I doubt we'll see something like that. And even then I imagine a Wally as The Flash world would likely have more Bart and Iris/Jai since they're much more important to him.

I expect more Wallace leaning versions to dominate, anyhow. It's good optics and they seem to consistently want to cast Iris as black, so that naturally leads to the black Wally as opposed to the ginger.

Also, on the suit, I hate the silver/gray main color one. Just makes him look like Cyborg with a lightning bolt.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-11-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

On the grounds of wearing a suit that finally references Wallace's awesome Future's End Flash suit, I love his new duds in Speed Metal and want to see more of it elsewhere.

Is there a bigger, clearer image showcasing Kid Flash's Speed Metal?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I don't know if this is intentional but I'm kind of reminded of his dad's Reverse-Flash look.