Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey Wallace finally showed up in the preview for DCeased Dead Planet #4....and his costume has not changed at all. Little disappointed by that if I’m honest, think it would have been cool to have him in full Flash red costume.

Attachment 101125
    Disappointed he is still Kid Flash in this, would have been cool to see him in a The Flash costume or maybe a new original codename. DC's decisions are so odd, so Damian can be Batman, Jon as Superman, Cassie as Wonder Woman but Wallace is still KF...btw he looks too massive to still be in a KF costume.

Doesn't fit his brand. There's some inherent conceit about Damian and Jon living up to their fathers but that's the exact opposite of the case with how DC created and sees Wallace.
    Oh sure...how convenient, the only young black character is the one that that doesnt get to move to a higher mantle to become a member of the Justice League. No The Flash as a black man..just so convenient.
    Last edited by HunterX; 10-23-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Disappointed he is still Kid Flash in this, would have been cool to see him in a The Flash costume or maybe a new original codename. DC's decisions are so odd, so Damian can be Batman, Jon as Superman, Cassie as Wonder Woman but Wallace is still KF...btw he looks too massive to still be in a KF costume.

Oh sure...how convenient, the only young black character is the one that that doesnt get to move to a higher mantle to become a member of the Justice League. No The Flash as a black man..just so convenient.
    Who’s the Flash in Future Slate?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who’s the Flash in Future Slate?
    someone from the Multiverse apparently.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

Completely concur. There is something very frustrating seeing an imagined world/timeline where Jon and Damian get to grow up/be made to come into their ideal futures as the new Superman and Batman in moments of crisis, but the Black kid Wallace grows up to still be the Kid Flash he started off as... Like, whoever wrote this didn't see this as problematic? No one noticed the implications behind showing this? Not even a little?

And it's not like there no precedent for Wallace becoming The Flash, either. Probably my favorite design of the character was his Future's End look as The Flash. (Some of Jonboy Meyer's other concept were also much cooler than the OG Kid Flash take they ultimately stuck with, and the Speed Metal look was also extremely cool.) They had the perfect opportunity to show Wallace as having grown into becoming The Flash with something akin to his Future's End style. And they didn't take advantage of it. And worse, they freakin' kept him as Kid Flash wearing the same OG Kid Flash look that I feel could be so much for more for him than it is. (I also agree that it really looks off that he's grown so big yet is still wearing the Kid Flash look that hasn't been altered at all. It just feels off.)

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I also find it even worse simply because he can construct his own costume from the Speed Force, so why wouldn't he at this point now older want a more visually different look to himself now? He doesn't even have to be the main Flash to receive a simple change.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, him being able to construct his own look just makes the decision to have Wallace still looking like Kid Flash (and still being Kid Flash as an adult) look all the more poor and suspect. You can tell the creative team didn't think realize that aspect.

Yeah, Wallace not upgrading to Flash only makes sense if at least one of Jay, Barry or Wally is still active. That isn't the case, is it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Wallace not upgrading to Flash only makes sense if at least one of Jay, Barry or Wally is still active. That isn't the case, is it?
    I know Barry for sure is dead, took Superman with him on the way out I believe. Wally and Jay I'm not entirely sure, since it's been a minute since i read DCeased, but I imagine if Barry is dead there is a good chance Jay wouldn't fair too well for long either. I'm pretty sure Wallace may be the last Flash family speedster left but i very well could be wrong. last one of significance enough to pop up at least.

edit: did a quick google search, it looks like Wally may still be alive (along with Impulse and Jessie Quick)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-23-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jay, Wally, Bart & Jesse Quick went to an alternate Earth, and evacuated Keystone/Central with them. So they're alive, but out of the picture. (Max went with them, but got infected. Wally sent him into the Speed Force)

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Jay, Wally, Bart & Jesse Quick went to an alternate Earth, and evacuated Keystone/Central with them. So they're alive, but out of the picture. (Max went with them, but got infected. Wally sent him into the Speed Force)
    Yeah that was DCeased: Hope at worlds end #3, probably the best issue of that digital series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Soooo third times the charm eh?

RCO013_1605629049.jpg

RCO014_1605629049.jpg

Now that it has happened... Will DC once again ignore it after this issue, and it's scrapped the same way as with Raven, and Tanya?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post

RCO013_1605629049.jpg

RCO014_1605629049.jpg

Now that it has happened... Will DC once again ignore it after this issue, and it's scrapped the same way as with Raven, and Tanya?
    Definitely gonna have to see. And yeah, Wallace's going the male-led unintentional harem with how frequently they've been giving him flash-in-the-pan love interests in such short order, before it getting dropped. We'll see his this stays more of a thing.

Incredible Member

Well, he still thinks Tanya's dead, no? And who knows about Raven with all the NTT being folded back in in some form.

Astonishing Member

Emiko makes some sense though I'm not really buying the chemistry as of yet. Glad it's not Raven because I dislike Raven being de-aged into Wallace's age group. It's super weird that she'd have romantic interaction with both Wallace and Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post

RCO013_1605629049.jpg

RCO014_1605629049.jpg

At least all that belligerent sexual tension went somewhere .