Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think a well done animated series would be more successful than the mainline comics at distilling things down at this point.
    Someone finished She-Ra.

(I totally agree. Female superheroes work best in animation.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Someone finished She-Ra.

(I totally agree. Female superheroes work best in animation.)
    I've only seen the first season, but yeah. That is an ideal model for a Wonder Woman cartoon.

And with her movies out now, she's a more well known name that She-Ra. Not that She-Ra is a slouch in that department either, but not compared to WW. I wonder if Noelle Stevenson would be interested? I would hope this has at least been considered.

Adora/Catra totally screams Diana/Barbara as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've only seen the first season, but yeah. That is an ideal model for a Wonder Woman cartoon.

And with her movies out now, she's a more well known name that She-Ra. Not that She-Ra is a slouch in that department either, but not compared to WW. I wonder if Noelle Stevenson would be interested? I would hope this has at least been considered.

Adora/Catra totally screams Diana/Barbara as well.
    Stevenson famously had a female-only writer’s room for She-Ra, and you can kiiiinda tell from the narrative priorities. It was a fun ride, and they made everyone sympathetic in a way that transcended it’s earlier text. Like a sublimation in quality.

I’m led to believe a LOT of the original She-Ra borrowed from Wonder Woman’s tropes and villains. You’re absolutely right about Adora/Catra, and it goes much much further.

A single creative team can't bring her to that level. For her to even come close to that she needs decades upon decades of consisten rebuilding after her mythos were left in shambles by all the terrible revamps, as well strong presence in outside media

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

DC should promote her as much as they do Batman & Superman. I guess the only way to really do that is push, like Marvel did with Captain Marvel. Stop reusing the same 3-4 rogues. Develop her supporting cast to the point where the general public knows who they are, like Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Alfred, and Commissioner Gordon. Get her an animated tv series. Hell, stream it like they do Harley.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com