Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I was thinking that Iron Man blocked a shot from Thanos using the Power Gem and Ultron took on a sustained 3x attack from Thor(whose lightning was tearing through Space Whales), Stark(whose beams easily melted multiple armors with a quick blast), and Vision(also using an Infinity Gem) before showing any kind of actual damage. So Doomsday's AOE blasts won't take either out.

    Also Ultrons Vibranium+Extremis heat hand attack(shown when he cut of Klaws hand and destroyed his old body) combined with his strength should be able to slice Doomsday like Diana and her sword but he is much more durable than her and possibly stronger so a close attack would be a plausible strategy.

    Zod and Stark would be a toss up as well as Stark effected Thanos with multiple weapons in their fight and Zod isn't on his levels imo.

    I think it's a closer match then "Doomsday stomps" as Ultron is highly durable and can pierce his skin and Tony has alot of versatility to add to the fight.
    That's good and all but doomsday is still above all that and zod may not be as strong as Thanos but he makes up for it in speed ether solos this fight.

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's good and all but doomsday is still above all that and zod may not be as strong as Thanos but he makes up for it in speed ether solos this fight.
    Neither Zod nor the Zod-based Doomsday really showed much in the way of superspeed reflexes during MoS or BvS. An argument could be made that he could be granted them retroactively considering that Clark didn't show much in the way of superspeed reflexes until Justice League, but considering that Clark had just been resurrected by a Mother Box at the time, we're going to need to see if there massive superspeed he showed in JL is related to that, or a retcon to Kryptonian speed. Also, it should be noted that Clark had a lifetime of experience with his powers and years of experience after he decided to stop restraining himself, so may also need to be taken into account (though that didn't really seem to be a factor in BvS.

    On that now, wasn't Zod still vulnerable to sensory overload? Anyone remember if Tony or Ultron packed any sonic weaponry in their final models? Obidiah Stane showed that Tony had the tech for it all the way back in IM1.

  3. #18
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    That was just zod getting used to he's New Powers ones he got a hang of it it wasn't a problem.

  4. #19
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Neither Zod nor the Zod-based Doomsday really showed much in the way of superspeed reflexes during MoS or BvS. An argument could be made that he could be granted them retroactively considering that Clark didn't show much in the way of superspeed reflexes until Justice League, but considering that Clark had just been resurrected by a Mother Box at the time, we're going to need to see if there massive superspeed he showed in JL is related to that, or a retcon to Kryptonian speed. Also, it should be noted that Clark had a lifetime of experience with his powers and years of experience after he decided to stop restraining himself, so may also need to be taken into account (though that didn't really seem to be a factor in BvS.

    On that now, wasn't Zod still vulnerable to sensory overload? Anyone remember if Tony or Ultron packed any sonic weaponry in their final models? Obidiah Stane showed that Tony had the tech for it all the way back in IM1.
    Retcon feels more likely to me, and not just because DC in comics is the superhero universe known for fully rebooting more than once (in DC Films just so far, Batman has been recast, Superman could be next, Reynolds Green Lantern is swept under the rug while still showing in JL the Corps exists, and apparently the Jenkins directed Wonder Woman duology revises/expands her role with humanity before BvS).

    While I've never gotten around to watching MoS in full for reasons, I remember thinking at the time of BvS that even if the movie didn't show more than Superman catching Batman's grenade shell in mid-air, it didn't really bother with scenarios requiring him to show hardcore reflexes (his biggest fights were against Batman the tank and Doomsday the parrying-energy brute, he didn't fight Wonder Woman then).

    But by the time newer movies came out and introduced speedsters like Flash, Shazam characters and bullet-timing (and lightning bolt lassoing according to the 1984 trailer) Wonder Woman, and still have kept Superman as gold standard for hero powers, whole reason for resurrecting him in JL and give him cameos in Shazam, I'd assume it's easier to have his JL speeds be the new normal rather than an anomaly. Two thirds of the Trinity always had superspeed baked into their presentation after all.

    Even then I wouldn't argue Doomsday himself has superspeed. He doesn't in comics, and he's blatantly Weird Science rage energy powers fully replacing what Zod once was, other than the core Kryptonite weakness.
    Last edited by Wildling; 05-07-2020 at 04:30 PM.

  5. #20
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Retcon feels more likely to me, and not just because DC in comics is the superhero universe known for fully rebooting more than once (in DC Films just so far, Batman has been recast, Superman could be next, Reynolds Green Lantern is swept under the rug while still showing in JL the Corps exists, and apparently the Jenkins directed Wonder Woman duology revises/expands her role with humanity before BvS).

    While I've never gotten around to watching MoS in full for reasons, I remember thinking at the time of BvS that even if the movie didn't show more than Superman catching Batman's grenade shell in mid-air, it didn't really bother with scenarios requiring him to show hardcore reflexes (his biggest fights were against Batman the tank and Doomsday the parrying-energy brute, he didn't fight Wonder Woman then).

    But by the time newer movies came out and introduced speedsters like Flash, Shazam characters and bullet-timing (and lightning bolt lassoing according to the 1984 trailer) Wonder Woman, and still have kept Superman as gold standard for hero powers, whole reason for resurrecting him in JL and give him cameos in Shazam, I'd assume it's easier to have his JL speeds be the new normal rather than an anomaly. Two thirds of the Trinity always had superspeed baked into their presentation after all.

    Even then I wouldn't argue Doomsday himself has superspeed. He doesn't in comics, and he's blatantly Weird Science rage energy powers fully replacing what Zod once was, other than the core Kryptonite weakness.
    IIRC, Doomsy did show some speed in Smallville once or twice, but that version of him was kinda weird anyway.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  6. #21
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Iron Man dodged a Tank projectile and was outflying super sonic Jets back in his first movie, and that was 40+ armor variations ago. So by reflex speed and Flight speed Stark had better feats than Zod/Doomsday long before he upgraded to his Thanos fighting armor. But really I'm of the impression that everyone in this fight is close enough in speed that nobody is blitzing each other.

  7. #22
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Iron Man dodged a Tank projectile and was outflying super sonic Jets back in his first movie, and that was 40+ armor variations ago. So by reflex speed and Flight speed Stark had better feats than Zod/Doomsday long before he upgraded to his Thanos fighting armor. But really I'm of the impression that everyone in this fight is close enough in speed that nobody is blitzing each other.
    The problem with that is we then see Ironman (in a more advanced suit) being tagged by much slower things (Cap, Bucky, etc...).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #23
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The problem with that is we then see Ironman (in a more advanced suit) being tagged by much slower things (Cap, Bucky, etc...).
    Yeah, I kinda feel that MCU writers don't really have a grasp of how fast non-bullet projectiles go. See: Black Widow dodging an RPG after it was already fired and Falcon dodging around missiles that were already fired.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Double Post

  10. #25
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The problem with that is we then see Ironman (in a more advanced suit) being tagged by much slower things (Cap, Bucky, etc...).
    Anything with cap or Bucky taging or hurting Ironman in any real way much like the comics is SvF.

  11. #26
    Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Doomsday AOE alone can wipe out Iron Man and Ultron. Nor do I see any of them having the ability to harm Doomsday or Zod without a stone.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

  12. #27
    "Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I think it's a closer match then "Doomsday stomps" as Ultron is highly durable and can pierce his skin and Tony has alot of versatility to add to the fight.
    Yeah, but do either Tony or Ultron have kryptonite handy?

    Neither of them has Kryptonian strength (which was required to snap Zod's neck), but even assuming that they do, brute strength wouldn't even do anything against Doomsday (who was getting wailed on by Superman and Wonder Woman), they need some of that green stuff.

    Thor, Marvel or Doctor Strange might be able to stop the pair of them.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

  13. #28
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Yeah, but do either Tony or Ultron have kryptonite handy?

    Neither of them has Kryptonian strength (which was required to snap Zod's neck), but even assuming that they do, brute strength wouldn't even do anything against Doomsday (who was getting wailed on by Superman and Wonder Woman), they need some of that green stuff.

    Thor, Marvel or Doctor Strange might be able to stop the pair of them.
    Yeah, I don't see Doomsy messing with Carol.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  14. #29
    "Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Doomsy messing with Carol.
    Assuming Strange just doesn't drop Doomsday in another dimension (added to that, maybe DCEU Kryptonians have just as much a weakness against magic as they do everywhere else, which would make Strange and Thor the best two to go after them), I imagine taking out Doomsday would be a pretty typical Tuesday afternoon to Thor. It'd be difficult but not impossible with Mjolnir, but give him Stormbreaker for added hilarity).
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

  15. #30
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Doomsy messing with Carol.
    What can she really do to put him down for good thow?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •