Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What can she really do to put him down for good thow?
    Throw or tackle him into space, for one. Gal can catch a building-sized missile being rocket-propelled downwards and then throw it hard enough to intersect and destroy multiple other missiles of the same type at once and can drag spaceships interstellar distances. One good bumrush should launch him at several times escape velocity without problem.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    One good bumrush should launch him at several times escape velocity without problem.
    That wouldn't work on Zod, but I don't remember Doomsday having any kind of controlled-flight ability, so punting him into deep space wouldn't cause too many problems.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Carol can only defeat Doomsday with BFR. She doesn't have any other options that can reasonably mess with him.

I also dont think Thor with Mjolnir can do anything of note to the guy. With Stormbreaker he can BFR.

Strange can BFR or transmute DD or something.

As for the original scenario? Yeah, Doomsday definitely solos.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 05-24-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I also dont think Thor with Mjolnir can do anything of note to the guy. With Stormbreaker he can BFR.
    Diana sliced through his arm, with his sword, like it was made of butter. Which lends itself to two discussion tangents. The first being that, even though the sword she left Themyscira with was destroyed by Ares during WWI, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the blade she was using in BvS had some kind of divine magic attached. That would explain why it worked so well, but even if it was just a normal (albeit freaking amazing) sword (and the damage was done by somebody as strong as Diana using it), we know Thor would be in a similar strength level. Absolutely, it's safe to assume that Thor could use the axe to slice and dice Doomsday (since Doomsday was barely affected by a nuclear missile to the face, so I don't think a blast of lightning is the way to go).

Secondly, what's the full limits of Doomsday's regeneration? When Diana took his arm off, he regrew it as just a bony spiked stump, right? Is it possible that Thor (particularly All-Father mode Thor, a guy who put the killshot on a fully-gemmed Thanos. Sure, he was aiming for the wrong body part, but the point stands) could take enough chunks of Doomsday in rapid succession that would actually put him down? Slice him into meaty chunks, take his head off, I mean, would that work against Doomsday? Would all the bits regenerate into itty-bitty Doomsdays (his severed arm didn't regrow a whole other Doomsday, so there's obviously some limits to his regeneration. Surely there's at least some bit that Stormbreaker could take off that wouldn't grow back).

I guess, I'm just saying, I think All-Father mode Thor could probably take out Doomsday without punting him through a bifrost portal into a black hole or something. But, ultimately, anything short of Thor at this best would fold against Doomsday like crumpled paper.

Sorry, I didnt mean to imply Stormbreaker couldn't cut Doomsday. I think it can given its feats.

My point was mostly that the BFR option is probably his easiest path to victory in that situation. Hacking up Doomsday is a lot more dangerous as far as options go.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Carol can only defeat Doomsday with BFR. She doesn't have any other options that can reasonably mess with him.
    Yea I agree. But that's if she's able ro get close enough. She has to overcome his heat vision, melee attacks and his AOE

My point was mostly that the BFR option is probably his easiest path to victory in that situation. Hacking up Doomsday is a lot more dangerous as far as options go.
    I have to agree here too. Doomsday close quarts combat is very are very formidable with his ranged coming in a close second.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Yea I agree. But that's if she's able ro get close enough. She has to overcome his heat vision, melee attacks and his AOE
    Wouldn't she be able to absorb the energy attacks though?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I don't think that the MCU version has shown that power yet, except with regards to the Space Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Secondly, what's the full limits of Doomsday's regeneration? When Diana took his arm off, he regrew it as just a bony spiked stump, right?
    His full transformation was contained by the lesson and stopped by gas kryptonite grenade. So the full extent of it is unknown. But they way it portrayed was that with each evolution he got stronger. He no longer needed to do full body transformations.

Is it possible that Thor (particularly All-Father mode Thor, a guy who put the killshot on a fully-gemmed Thanos. Sure, he was aiming for the wrong body part, but the point stands) could take enough chunks of Doomsday in rapid succession that would actually put him down?
    With each cut comes a transformation. Which is than followed by an AoE blast. When his hand got cut off he wasn't exactly defenseless. Diana got shot with heat vision seconds later. Right when she was about to deliver another blow.

Slice him into meaty chunks, take his head off, I mean, would that work against Doomsday? Would all the bits regenerate into itty-bitty Doomsdays (his severed arm didn't regrow a whole other Doomsday, so there's obviously some limits to his regeneration. Surely there's at least some bit that Stormbreaker could take off that wouldn't grow back).
    Unless its laced with kryptonite I can see that happening. I don't see it not regenerating each and everytime. Thor would have to move ultra fast in in order Doomsday's transformation not to be given a chance to evolve.

It's definitely possible WW did it. But she also had to brace for impact. It wasn't like she walked through it and continued on her merry way. If Carol can do that or something close to that than I'll definitely concede my initial response.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Unless its laced with kryptonite I can see that happening.
    My point there was that the mechanics of regeneration has some kind of limits. If his cells were designed to spontaneously-regenerate every injury, then his arm would've regenerated a whole second Doomsday attached.

For instance, Stormbreaker versus Doomsday's neck. Would his body fall down useless, and the regeneration occur from the bottom of his skull (which would leave him a combat non-factor for a few seconds, at least. More than enough time for Thor to take another swing at the brain), or would the head fall away, and the body continue rampaging and regenerate another head?

Personally, I am of the opinion that cutting Doomsday's head off probably kills him. Certainly more then a 10 count at any rate.

But again, Thor is playing a very risky game trying to chop him up. Doomsday is very physically imposing and showed strong avoidance and survival instincts against WW's sword skills. Bifrost BFR is the way.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 05-26-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    - big_adventure

MCU Carol hasn't displayed any comic style energy absorbing powers yet.
    - big_adventure

My point there was that the mechanics of regeneration has some kind of limits. If his cells were designed to spontaneously-regenerate every injury, then his arm would've regenerated a whole second Doomsday attached.
    That's a possibility. We really don't know for sure what limitations. But that's not how I interpreted the scenes. I kinda seen it as him evolving passed full body transformation. It could even possibly be the fact that blunt trauma causes full body transformation and the lost of an appendage is just a replacement. His single hand be cut off didn't leave him as vulnerable as the other transformations. He was still.able to react afterwards. So it wasn't much of limitation in my opinion.

For instance, Stormbreaker versus Doomsday's neck. Would his body fall down useless, and the regeneration occur from the bottom of his skull (which would leave him a combat non-factor for a few seconds, at least. More than enough time for Thor to take another swing at the brain), or would the head fall away, and the body continue rampaging and regenerate another head?
    I can definitely see Doomsday's decapitation and regeneration if possible a limitation. Either a win or as The Arbiter stated, or a ten count. But that's not something that can easily be done. There's a lot more Thor would have to get past in order to deliver such a blow.