Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Surprised that books like Ms. Marvel, Champions and Runaways also didn't get pushed in this direction.
    Maybe Marvel wants to still give the Outlawed initiative a chance in-spite of everything...

You realise Ghost-Spider is an Outlawed title, right?

All of them are mini series except for Ghost Spider, which has been selling in the teens. Though given how we heard that some of Marvel's creatives got furloughed, I wouldn't be surprised if Ghost-Spider gets axed at like issue #12.
    It wasn't solicited for June, so I think issue 10 is the last one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I dont think thats true .They are putting print comics.there doing Digital first but i now at bleeding cool they will do print comics

They're not Digital First, they're Digital ONLY. Print will only be in the form of trades.
    These comics will only be available as digital comics for the time being; however, they will be available in print collections later this year
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess I won't be getting all the 2020 spin offs now, I certainly have no issue with doing digital first for some stuff just to keep the creators working but to then move the print copy to collected editions ONLY eventually is a giant middle finger to everyone that follows singles. If they make the actual main 2020 Iron Man series half print and half digital, I'm just overall out I think.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 05-06-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Throughout this pandemic comic closure, I've admired Marvel's restraint, and unlike others, I believed they weren't sitting around "doing nothing." I took them at their word, when they said they were carefully considering options, taking into account the retailers and the fans, and making long term plans.

With this announcement, however, I have to seriously wonder WTF Marvel is thinking? How in the world does this help anyone, either themselves, the retailers, or the fans?

Major mistake.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    should i try to make masks out of my hawkeye issues
    You're just looking for an excuse to have naked Clint Barton against your face...

Ultimate Member

Marvel is doing this wrong.

I have no problem with them pushing digital because they need to make money this period. However, books that are in print (especially miniseries) already should be finished in print.

It’s unfair to people that were already buying the print and don’t want to buy digital comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I guess I won't be getting all the 2020 spin offs now, I certainly have no issue with doing digital first for some stuff just to keep the creators working but to then move the print copy to collected editions ONLY eventually is a giant middle finger to everyone that follows singles. If they make the actual main 2020 Iron Man series half print and half digital, I'm just overall out I think.
    No, Iron Man 2020 is going on sale in print (hopefully) on June 24.

Quote Originally Posted by username taken View Post
    marvel is doing this wrong.

I have no problem with them pushing digital because they need to make money this period. However, books that are in print (especially miniseries) already should be finished in print.

It’s unfair to people that were already buying the print and don’t want to buy digital comics.
    bingo!!!!!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Marvel is doing this wrong.

Got to agree. New titles on digital by all means. These are mini series with 2 issues to go (in Stars case)...I just don’t get it.

You know the world is crazy when the American comic book company is making moves that are seemingly designed to screw over collectors.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Thought about posting this in the corona virus thread, but figured it deserves a thread of it's own.

Marvel just announced that some of their titles will be moving over to being Digital only.

Wednesday, May 13:
    • ANT-MAN #4
    • AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #4
    • GHOST-SPIDER #9
    • RAVENCROFT #4

Wednesday, May 20:
    • 2020 IRONHEART #1
    • MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES #4
    • HAWKEYE: FREEFALL #5
    • STAR #4

Surprised that books like Ms. Marvel, Champions and Runaways also didn't get pushed in this direction.
    Star #4 is the only one I get, so I miss out. No digital.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Star #4 is the only one I get, so I miss out. No digital.
    4 books for me, not gonna do digital or TPB, truly sucks.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This is... actually not surprising to me. It's pretty much what I suggested on another thread: they are taking books that are more likely to have low pre-orders/orders during the current crisis and cutting their losses by not having to spend money printing and shipping thousands of floppies that will flood a market that might not even be able to sell them. People have to understand that Marvel is not in a good shape right now; they furloughed staff and suspended the production of several books. That is not a sign of a publisher that can just go back to regular distribution. Different times will require different measures. Plus, they didn't decide on this overnight. They had a whole month to assess the industry, the market and what should be their next move. I want to believe this decision is based on what they found out is in their best interest right now.

I will say that I understand the frustration of the people who were already following these books in print. To have a change of distribution like that in the middle of a comic book run is definitely not pleasant, but... it is what it is. No one was expecting the entire world to be turned upside down like this. Marvel is just reacting to it.

That could still happen. It's not clear if these are the only titles going digital. I can see more mini-series, tie-in, etc. books getting the same treatment in the next couple of months. Like, when Empyre #1 comes out in print, I could see a few of the tie-ins for the event coming out digitally to accompany it. It's probably a good way to catch up to their schedule.