Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Been a digital reader for years so I don't really have a problem with this.

(However I do order the physical TPB's of the runs that I like the most for later rereading.)

Looks like more books have been added to the Digital Only list

2020 FORCE WORKS #3
    SCREAM: CURSE OF CARNAGE #6
    VALKYRIE: JANE FOSTER #10
    REVENGE OF THE COSMIC GHOST RIDER #5

Looks like Scream and Valkyrie are cancelled when they finish their next arc then.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-digital-only/

Here's the schedule

Wednesday, June 3:

AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #5
    2020 FORCE WORKS #3

Wednesday, June 17:

ANT-MAN #5
    2020 IRONHEART #2
    GHOST-SPIDER #10

Wednesday, July 1:

HAWKEYE: FREEFALL #6
    MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES #5
    RAVENCROFT #5
    STAR #5

Note that those are the weeks without physical floppy releases.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Any word on Strikeforce or Savage Avengers? How about Gwen Stacy and Amazing Mary Jane? I cant find any info.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Scream and Valkyrie are cancelled when they finish their next arc then.

Here's the schedule

Wednesday, June 3:

AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #5
    2020 FORCE WORKS #3

Wednesday, June 17:

ANT-MAN #5
    2020 IRONHEART #2
    GHOST-SPIDER #10

Wednesday, July 1:

HAWKEYE: FREEFALL #6
    MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES #5
    RAVENCROFT #5
    STAR #5

Note that those are the weeks without physical floppy releases.
    I guess even Jane Foster couldn't overcome the Coronavirus...

Over/under which other books join the fray? I'm making a claim that Punisher vs. Barracuda and ASM: Daily Bugle will probably be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess even Jane Foster couldn't overcome the Coronavirus...
    There is some irony there. She'd be seeing a lot of those giant skulls and be very busy in the morgue right now.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Any word on Strikeforce or Savage Avengers? How about Gwen Stacy and Amazing Mary Jane? I cant find any info.
    Wasn't there a Savage issue in the revised print solicits?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Over/under which other books join the fray? I'm making a claim that Punisher vs. Barracuda and ASM: Daily Bugle will probably be cut.
    I can see Children of the Atom, Runaways, all of the Outlawed titles, and Strikeforce ending up in July's digital list. Strikeforce has to be - it had an Empyre tie-in solicited, so all remaining issues need to be out by September when the event finishes.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-27-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There is some irony there. She'd be seeing a lot of those giant skulls and be very busy in the morgue right now.
    Savage haha

Yes, but it was the Empyre tie-in.

I can see Children of the Atom, Runaways, all of the Outlawed titles, and Strikeforce ending up in July's digital list. Strikeforce has to be - it had an Empyre tie-in solicited, so all remaining issues need to be out by September when the event finishes.
    Children of the Atom would actually surprise me.

Your thinking Empyre Savage Avengers One Shot

I'm going to be insanely upset if they do this with Runaways. It's easily the best thing Marvel is putting out right now. It would be the second book now I've invested into for 30+ issues just to not be able to finish reading because of moving to digital (unless I re-buy issues I already bought by getting it in Trade).
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Runaways wouldn't actually involve a double dip - the book was about to start a new arc.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We'll see. It's not clear yet if all ongoing books going digital means they're cancelled. The only other ongoing that had gone digital so far was Ghost-Spider, but that book was already rumored to be cancelled ever since it was missing from pre-pandemic solicitations. If going digital really is a death sentence for all ongoing books, we're probably gonna notice a pattern at one point, but right now it's a bit early to know for sure.

Strikeforce will probably be late to the Empyre party anyway, because it had two more issues to be published before the tie-in. Assuming they publish those on July and August, the tie-in would come in September, after Empyre #5 (the issue in which Billy comes into the event). It's possible that the main event will end up spoiling whatever happens to Billy on Strikeforce #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm going to be insanely upset if they do this with Runaways. It's easily the best thing Marvel is putting out right now. It would be the second book now I've invested into for 30+ issues just to not be able to finish reading because of moving to digital (unless I re-buy issues I already bought by getting it in Trade).
    I have no hope of Runaways keeping its floppy releases, tbh. When books with bigger floppy sales are going digital, I don't see what incentive Marvel has to keep spending money printing single issues of this title. All I'm hoping for is that Rainbow Rowell at least gets to finish her planned arc, since she claims there were at least 5 unfinished issues when she was told to stop working on the book.

Cosmic Ghost Rider has 1 issue left they couldnt just give us 1 floppy

I. Think this might be the final nail in the coffin for me as far as collecting print books. I fully expect savage avengers to be cancelled soon; this pretty much leaves me with spider man and avengers on my regular pull list., and it’s not worth it to me to collect two books a month. I simply don’t trust marvel anymore, and I’m pretty much done with dc. I may go digital, or wait until trade collections, but I think marvel’s headed to digital only. I’m done with This..