Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Comic books like DVDs, toys and other items are impulse buy items upon being seen.

Person goes into the store to buy say Miles Morales, While looking they see Hawkeye Freefall or the variant cover to Go Go Power Rangers-they buy it. That store sold 2 more books.

I do book on Final Order Cutoff. So I have a set of books there already paid for. I do go check the shelves because there are books that don't get listed on FOC. Oh look there is the Larry Stoman variant to The Man who BLEEPED up time or the Source comic from Scout that goes for blood money on Ebay.

The more books that go digital the fewer chances of impulse buys at the store you get.

Also for some stores those two books do sell out the copies ordered. So that is more money being taken from a store that does not have issues selling them.
    That’s one theory. Here’s another...

Customer has moved entirely to digital. In getting their weekly comics, they see ads and links for other books that look interesting. They’ve got a credit card set up with the vendor already. Clicking “Buy” almost doesn’t feel like spending money since it’s essentially a one click process. Customer ends up spending more impulse shopping than s/he did when s/he was going to a LCS weekly.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Damn, Valkyrie is gonna get cancelled soon and we just got a new co-writer. It must suck clawing your way up to get your shot and then getting screwed because of a virus from a world away

Yeah, poor Torunn. She was probably hired for her knowledge of Norse culture, too, so the only other suitable book to move her to is Thor. I won't be surprised if we never hear from her again after Valkyrie ends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, poor Torunn. She was probably hired for her knowledge of Norse culture, too, so the only other suitable book to move her to is Thor. I won't be surprised if we never hear from her again after Valkyrie ends.
    Yeah that would suck so bad; maybe she can do a granddaughters of Thor mini or elseworld stuff

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can understand doing that to a new series but not books that have already been out and in the middle of an arc. because some stores have had folks Pre PAY for those.

Not to forget those print subscriptions like I have with Miles Morales.

That is money someone has to refund.
    Totally agree, I am incredibly irritated by this and it only affects one of my DC books

I understand that the current situation is horrificly unusual

But i think this is something they will do in future

I'm just not gonna risk small character books now

The idea of losing a complete run I have been collecting, just shocking

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I absolutely hate this decision. It affects three of my Marvel titles- Valkyrie, Ghost-Spider and Hawkeye, not to mention 2 DC titles. This also really hurts the LCS as like many here have ssid they will be less likely to pick up lower tier characters for fear of getting the series shifted midstream and basically tells the shops and the ones who have been purchasing the floppies they dont matter any more.

Is there a complete list of what is going digital only? I cant find a list and am confused on what is going digital and what is not.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Avengers of the Wastelands
    Ant-Man
    Ghost-Spider
    Star
    Ravencroft
    Scream: Curse of Carnage
    Revenge of Cosmic Ghost Rider
    2020 Ironheart
    2020 Force Works
    Hawkeye Freefall
    Valkyrie
    Marvel's Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes

Supergirl
    The Terrifics

Also, DC's Lucifer has gone direct to TPB.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ant-Man
    Ghost-Spider
    Star
    Ravencroft
    2020 Ironheart
    2020 Force Works
    Hawkeye Freefall
    Valkyrie

Supergirl
    The Terrifics

Thank you. 10 Char
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    That’s one theory. Here’s another...

Customer has moved entirely to digital. In getting their weekly comics, they see ads and links for other books that look interesting. They’ve got a credit card set up with the vendor already. Clicking “Buy” almost doesn’t feel like spending money since it’s essentially a one click process. Customer ends up spending more impulse shopping than s/he did when s/he was going to a LCS weekly.
    This is kind of me right now. I posted earlier in this thread that I moved to digital just recently. I've been a slightly lapse reader the last 3-4 years mainly due to lack of time and loss of interest in some books. Even when I was reading a lot a books a month, I got some of them through Marvel print sub so I wouldn't even be at my LCS every week. I only went when I knew I had something to buy so there was less impulse buying just because I wasn't there all the time. Also, over the last few years my shop really cut down on the number of copies they would get for each titles so even if I wanted to make an impulse buy, a lot of times they would already be sold out by noon on a Wednesday.
    Now, to access my digital books, I'm on Comixology all the time and like you said, its right there and you just have to click Buy. What has really been helpful are the sales they have. I got the first 4 trades of Aaron's Avengers run for like $3 each last month. I wanted to read that book when it came out, but had been too busy and missed out. I don't think I would have ever gone back to it 30+ issues in if I was still doing print.

Ant-Man
    Ghost-Spider
    Star
    Ravencroft
    2020 Ironheart
    2020 Force Works
    Hawkeye Freefall
    Valkyrie

Supergirl
    The Terrifics

im choosing not to support these books in digital or upcoming TPB format. 9 of them were on my pull list, i will keep the unfinished series (I also forsee there will be more announcements coming soon since alot of books are still MIA) in a box marked Covid-19

I will also be very selective about what i support in the future
    Last edited by omegafix; 06-06-2020 at 05:47 AM.

YAY!!!!!!!!!! MARVEL HAS LISTENED AND WE ARE GETTING PHYSICAL

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...int-after-all/

Wednesday, August 5:
    ANT-MAN #4 (OF 5) FEB200986
    AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #4 (OF 5) FEB200989
    MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES #4 (OF 5) FEB200948

Wednesday, August 12:
    GHOST-SPIDER #9 FEB200931
    HAWKEYE FREEFALL #5 (OF 6) FEB 200967
    REVENGE OF THE COSMIC GHOST RIDER #5 (OF 5) FEB201005

Wednesday, August 19:
    VALKYRIE: JANE FOSTER #10 FEB201001
    ANT-MAN #5 (OF 5) MAR201046
    STAR #4 (OF 5) FEB200987

Wednesday, August 26:
    AERO #10 FEB201008
    GHOST-SPIDER #10 MAR200929
    2020 FORCE WORKS #3 (OF 3) FEB200912

Wednesday, September 2:
    SWORD MASTER #10 FEB201009
    RAVENCROFT #4 (OF 5) FEB200952
    AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #5 (OF 5) MAR201040
    HAWKEYE FREEFALL #6 (OF 6) MAR201029

Wednesday, September 9:
    RAVENCROFT #5 (OF 5) MAR200996
    STAR #5 (OF 5) MAR201047
    MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES #5 (OF 5) MAR201003
    Last edited by omegafix; 07-07-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Good for fans who now don't have to double dip.

Those Aero and Sword Master issues haven't had a release at all yet, so they're simply additions to the solicitations.

Good for fans who now don't have to double dip.

Those Aero and Sword Master issues haven't had a release at all yet, so they're simply additions to the solicitations.
    Scream and Ironheart are still Digital Only

Ironheart was a two issue mini though, and not the ending of something people were already collecting in print. Not sure why Scream isn't on the list. Maybe it'll show up in the October solicits?