Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
Comic books like DVDs, toys and other items are impulse buy items upon being seen.

Person goes into the store to buy say Miles Morales, While looking they see Hawkeye Freefall or the variant cover to Go Go Power Rangers-they buy it. That store sold 2 more books.

I do book on Final Order Cutoff. So I have a set of books there already paid for. I do go check the shelves because there are books that don't get listed on FOC. Oh look there is the Larry Stoman variant to The Man who BLEEPED up time or the Source comic from Scout that goes for blood money on Ebay.

The more books that go digital the fewer chances of impulse buys at the store you get.

Also for some stores those two books do sell out the copies ordered. So that is more money being taken from a store that does not have issues selling them.
That’s one theory. Here’s another...

Customer has moved entirely to digital. In getting their weekly comics, they see ads and links for other books that look interesting. They’ve got a credit card set up with the vendor already. Clicking “Buy” almost doesn’t feel like spending money since it’s essentially a one click process. Customer ends up spending more impulse shopping than s/he did when s/he was going to a LCS weekly.