BANNED

Default what universe is blackhawk from ?

ok i would like to know what universe is Blackhawk originally from ? I know his real original name is bart hawk and then after the reboot dc changed him from American to polish and named him Janos Prohaska but I still like to know were is was originally from ?

bonus question: how would make a good boyfriend for Lady Blackhawk ?

Why the interest?

BANNED

I believe it breaks out like this:

I believe prior to the 80's, there were pretty much a set of Blackhawks on every Earth . No really, they started out as Quality comics characters, which would have made them in theory on Earth X. Except they had adventures after WWII where the Allies had won, so therefore they were on unofficial "Earth Q" (I might be remembering this designation wrong) which had the Quality characters on an Earth where the Allies won.

Then when "Earth X" was introduced with the same Quality characters, I think they were depicted as being on that Earth too (although this could be wrong - it might have just been the Freedom Fighters characters who lived there.

Then in the late 70's we got the "secret" origin of the JLA that showed the Blackhawks living on Earth 1 as well.

There was a Brave and the Bold where Batman teamed up with the Blackhawks during wartime, so in theory this would have either been Earth 2 or the unofficial Earth B (with Earth B being where all the weird Brave and the Bold stories that didn't fit on one of the regular worlds took place).

Also in the 80's, we learned that the Blackhawks did live on Earth 2 but moved to Earth X in All-Star Squadron #50.

They had their own series in the 80's but I'm not sure which Earth that was supposed to be.

Heh. I have no interest in the Blackhawks, but I find it funny that somebody would ask the question, as I think that was one of the inspirations of DC having the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. They wanted to simply things specifically so that people wouldn't be wondering who was from which Earth.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I believe it breaks out like this:

I believe prior to the 80's, there were pretty much a set of Blackhawks on every Earth . No really, they started out as Quality comics characters, which would have made them in theory on Earth X. Except they had adventures after WWII where the Allies had won, so therefore they were on unofficial "Earth Q" (I might be remembering this designation wrong) which had the Quality characters on an Earth where the Allies won.

Then when "Earth X" was introduced with the same Quality characters, I think they were depicted as being on that Earth too (although this could be wrong - it might have just been the Freedom Fighters characters who lived there.

Then in the late 70's we got the "secret" origin of the JLA that showed the Blackhawks living on Earth 1 as well.

There was a Brave and the Bold where Batman teamed up with the Blackhawks during wartime, so in theory this would have either been Earth 2 or the unofficial Earth B (with Earth B being where all the weird Brave and the Bold stories that didn't fit on one of the regular worlds took place).

Also in the 80's, we learned that the Blackhawks did live on Earth 2 but moved to Earth X in All-Star Squadron #50.

They had their own series in the 80's but I'm not sure which Earth that was supposed to be.

That sounds correct to me. I think Plastic Man had a similar situation.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Invincible Member

I might not be 100% correct on this, but I think he became Janos with the Howard Chaykin mini series from the 80's. While the series that followed kinda followed that direction, I don't think the Chaykin story was in continuity. I remember there being a run previous that picked up right where old numbering left off that was written by Mark Evanier. The few I read, I'm not sure they made a distinction about what Earth it was set on. I think the reader was just supposed to accept it as a WW2 period piece.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I might not be 100% correct on this, but I think he became Janos with the Howard Chaykin mini series from the 80's. While the series that followed kinda followed that direction, I don't think the Chaykin story was in continuity. I remember there being a run previous that picked up right where old numbering left off that was written by Mark Evanier. The few I read, I'm not sure they made a distinction about what Earth it was set on. I think the reader was just supposed to accept it as a WW2 period piece.
    I think all of the Chaykin/Janos stuff was the post-Crisis "single universe" version.

BANNED

The same universe Google and wikipedia are from.