Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC vs. Vampire #12 Preview

DC vs. Vampires #12 Preview
    Writers: James Tynion IV and Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Otto Schmidt

I'm glad to know that in a Vampire infestation I can always count on the street-level heroes to be the most relevant.

Barbara the Vampire Slayer....huh

I'm looking forward to the finale, in my opinion its been more fun and entertaining than Dark Crisis, I'll probably by the tpb when it comes out.

If Harley ends up being the one to kill vampire Wonder Woman, then I know this comic was trolling the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    If Harley ends up being the one to kill vampire Wonder Woman, then I know this comic was trolling the whole time.
    That was immediately my first thought.

Spectacular Member

Letting Harley's toxic blood into the Vampire Throne Room would be a 'mistake', though it's almost certain that Babs has at least a squirt of it concealed somewhere on her person.

Chances are Harley goads Wonder Woman into such a foaming rage that she bites her out of frustration and Diana has a second to grok the depths of her error before her body explodes.

I think we all know how this ends, though. Babs sacrifices herself to distract King Dick and throws the pair of them out of the window to either immolate in the sun (should Supergirl do her thing) or get UV bathed directly by Starfire (who is en route with Batwoman).

Then Mary Marvel goes bad and takes over. Probably.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    God I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Letting Harley's toxic blood into the Vampire Throne Room would be a 'mistake', though it's almost certain that Babs has at least a squirt of it concealed somewhere on her person.

Chances are Harley goads Wonder Woman into such a foaming rage that she bites her out of frustration and Diana has a second to grok the depths of her error before her body explodes.

I think we all know how this ends, though. Babs sacrifices herself to distract King Dick and throws the pair of them out of the window to either immolate in the sun (should Supergirl do her thing) or get UV bathed directly by Starfire (who is en route with Batwoman).

Then Mary Marvel goes bad and takes over. Probably.
    I hope that, given it's been a year and Harley being toxic was more or less public knowledge, they really don't end up doing anything with that tbh. Specially because I hated that plot device.

spoilers:
    I wonder if that dream Barbara had was like a premonition and Supergirl manages to get sunlight back but, because Nightwing has been able to drink from Starfire, he's immune
    end of spoilers

One thing I haven't liked about this (and I like it a lot overall) is having to waste time with Rosenberg and Tynion's respective pet characters (Grifter, Punchline and, for both, Harley). Like, c'mon, play fair.

Amazing Member

The only good thing about this is that we could get more minis alt-universe/Other earths but then is something DC was doing since DCeased.
    But yeah, is not the best late DC horror stuff(Bruce cambell nazi zombies) , not the best new earth (DCeased) and not even the best vampire earth(Batman one was better).
    Also, I hope the next apocalyse story they killed Harley first , they can kill Batman and Superman but not her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    The only good thing about this is that we could get more minis alt-universe/Other earths but then is something DC was doing since DCeased.
    But yeah, is not the best late DC horror stuff(Bruce cambell nazi zombies) , not the best new earth (DCeased) and not even the best vampire earth(Batman one was better).
    Eh, hard disagree.

Writing wise, this is much, much stronger than the first two you've mentioned, even with its flaws.

Fantastic Member

before the conclusion, what unanswered plot lines are there? Any forgotten cameos? The Metal Men? Metamorpho?

==jthree

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to know that in a Vampire infestation I can always count on the street-level heroes to be the most relevant.
    writer dont have the imagination to use near gods as the protagonist in thease stories
    Injustice Dceased Dark Knights Vampires, its almost always the same

Extraordinary Member

How is mr freeze vamped?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How is mr freeze vamped?
    It must have been a cold embrace :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    writer dont have the imagination to use near gods as the protagonist in thease stories
    Injustice Dceased Dark Knights Vampires, its almost always the same
    It doesn't hurt that usually Batman or the Batfamily are square in the center.