Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bad Love: The Villain relationship thread

well there's a thread keeping track of the Avengers' relationships. the villain community is just as (if not more) active. I thought that it might be fun to track them. it amazes me how many of the marvel villains have ex-wives/husbands and kids.

Mandarin: Justine Hammer (mother of Sasha Hammer) unnamed woman (mother of Temugin)

Wizard: Salamandra* (mother of Cole) *Salamandra made it seem as if this was not consential

Princess Python: unnamed individual (father of Executioner/Daniel DuBois)

Loki: Sigyn ()

Kingpin: Vanessa Fisk (wife) Typhoid Mary (lover?)

Mystique: Victor Creed (father of Graydon Creed) Azazel (father of Nightcrawler) Irene Adler (life partner?) Senator Ralph Brickman (husband)

Hydro-Man: Sadie Frickett (longtime girlfriend)

The Hood: Sara Robbins (wife/ex-wife(?) and mother of Breanne Robbins) Whitney Frost (girlfriend)

Count Nefaria: unnamed woman (mother of Guillietta Nefaria/Madame Masque)

Electro: Francine Frye (former girlfriend)

Thunderball: some pink haired woman (girlfriend) - Coachwhip (they were making out but status undetermined)

Red Skull: Susan Scarbo/Mother Night (girlfriend)

Dr. Doom: Amara Perrera (mother of unnamed son) Morgan LeFey (mother of Caroline LeFey)

Magneto: Magda (former wife) Briar Raleigh ("girlfriend") Lee Forrester (former girlfriend)

Absorbing Man: Mary MacPherran (wifey/partner/soulmate) unnamed woman (mother of Jerry Sledge)

Angar the Screamer: Melissa Gold (girlfriend)

Doctor Octopus: Aunt May (date) Anna Marconi (unwitting girlfriend) Mary-Alice Anders (first crush) Stunner (girlfriend)

Monica Rappaccini: Bruce Banner (alleged father of Thanasee Rappacinni) George Tarleton/MODOK

Norman Osborn: Emily Osborn (mother of Harry Osborn) June Covington (friends with benefits) The Countess (speculative/could have also just been business) Lilly Hollister (mother of whatever they named that kid)

Tombstone: unnamed woman (mother of Janice Lincoln - seriously, who slept with Tombstone?)

Proxima Midnight: Corvus Glaive (life/death partner)

Carnage: Shriek (girlfriend)

Arcade: Miss Locke (girlfriend) White Rabbit (girlfriend)

Whirlwind: Firebrand (ex-girlfriend)
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-12-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Creel and Titania

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Creel and Titania
    Creel presumably had at least one more relationship to produce a son, Jerry Sledge.

The Hood and Madam Masque had a thing going on for quite a while.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The Hood and Madam Masque had a thing going on for quite a while.
    right. I forgot about that one. I wonder what happened to the relationship? "Whitney" seems to need the mask again.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Can't forget about Moonstone and Hawkeye's relationship!

Songbird (when she was Screaming Mimi) was also in a longstanding thing with Angar the Screamer.

And I guess you could say that Black Widow and Hawkeye are actually the original supervillain couple at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Can't forget about Moonstone and Hawkeye's relationship.
    wasn't sure if I should count it. she was, technically, a good guy when they were together. she was semi-involved with Helmut Zemo, though.

Hawkeye and Black Widow. Tales of Suspense when they were both villains. Clint was a sucker for a pretty face even back then.

Dr Octopus and Stunner

Mystique and Destiny

Deathbird and Vulcan

Volcana and Molecule Man (I'm still mad Marvel broke them up)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Among Doctor Octopus's romantic entanglements, the first in his heart was Mary-Alice Anders, a colleague he was actually going to marry until his mother forced him to break up with her, fearing that she would be left alone should Otto marry. Despite this, Otto never stopped loving her, or thinking about her, all the way to her death of AIDS, which he tried and failed to find a cure for in time to save her life. Of course, 20 years later, this got retconned as Norman Osborn deliberately infecting her with AIDS (or something that functioned just like it) to rid Otto of any attachments that would divert his focus from being a supervillain. Naturally, Otto reacted quite poorly to Osborn's callous and cruel act and from then on, they were worst enemies, even more so than either had ever been with Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Hawkeye and Black Widow. Tales of Suspense when they were both villains. Clint was a sucker for a pretty face even back then.
    That was my first thought too but given that most of their career's have been as Avengers I wasn't sure whether that should count.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

If we're counting alternate universe stuff, then Ms. Marvel and King Hyperion from Exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    If we're counting alternate universe stuff, then Ms. Marvel and King Hyperion from Exiles.
    I'm going to stick to in-universe. I already have a lot to keep track of. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Among Doctor Octopus's romantic entanglements, the first in his heart was Mary-Alice Anders, a colleague he was actually going to marry until his mother forced him to break up with her, fearing that she would be left alone should Otto marry. Despite this, Otto never stopped loving her, or thinking about her, all the way to her death of AIDS, which he tried and failed to find a cure for in time to save her life. Of course, 20 years later, this got retconned as Norman Osborn deliberately infecting her with AIDS (or something that functioned just like it) to rid Otto of any attachments that would divert his focus from being a supervillain. Naturally, Otto reacted quite poorly to Osborn's callous and cruel act and from then on, they were worst enemies, even more so than either had ever been with Spider-Man.
    Norman's a real monster.