View Poll Results: Favorite Marvel Team Of All Time?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avengers

17 31.48%
  • Fantastic Four

11 20.37%
  • X-Men

19 35.19%
  • Young Avengers

1 1.85%
  • New Warriors

1 1.85%
  • Defenders

1 1.85%
  • Champions

0 0%
  • Thunderbolts

2 3.70%
  • Excalibur

0 0%
  • Alpha Flight

1 1.85%
  • Exiles

1 1.85%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thunderbolts and Secret Avengers.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Sue is incredible

Quoted for truth.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Byrne's FF is amazing! I don't love Alpha Flight like I do the FF and X-Men, but I really, really like Byrne's AF run.
    Oh yeah, Byrne’s AF couldn’t touch his FF!
    Still, I wish he’d stayed on FF. I liked his minimalist approach to the book, w. the team only getting together in full once a story arc.

Avengers Assemble! And the Illuminati. Really love these two teams.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-07-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Thunderbolts and Secret Avengers.
    Thunderbolts are fantastic! Especially Busiek's and Nicieza's runs.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thunderbolts are fantastic! Especially Busiek's and Nicieza's runs.
    I love every run except that awful Secret Empire storyline.

My favorite runs:

Busiek/Bagley
    Ellis/Deodato
    Diggle/de La Torre/Sepulveda
    Parker/Walker/Shalvey

Avengers. Like a lot of other 90s kids, I liked the X-Men, but found myself at home with the Avengers. I knew the X-Men by name really, but only had a surface level understanding of their big moments. I didn't have any issues or comics from them.

Avengers is totally different. I know their backstories, have tons of issues, and feel super familiar with them. More importantly, I stand by them because even after the massive success and $300 billion movies, I still think they're the underdogs. They still have so much to prove, both in comics and out of it.

So yeah..........Avengers Assemble

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

First and foremost it's the original West Coast Avengers. Then it's the Runaways and The Defenders

BANNED

Impossible to vote. At one point or another it's been Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Defenders, Thunderbolts, Excalibur...

Sometimes Agents of Atlas, X-Factor, Heroes for Hire, X-Force, Secret Avengers...

It all depends on the line-up and especially on the creative team.

I don't buy today's Marvel because of all the rehashes and lack of originality in storylines and lackluster artwork . having said that, For the last year, I have been buying every issue that I can of the Lee and Kirby run of the FF, which ran from 1061 to 1970. Those are to me, the ultimate run in comics and the groundwork for the Marvel Universe.

Mighty Member

Original Guardians or the original Excalibur line up.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

Wow, this was so easy over at DC, 'cause it was Legion of Super-Heroes way, way at the top, and then, other stuff.

But at Marvel? Do I like Young Avengers more than I like the Thunderbolts? Than Alpha Flight? Than the New X-Men? Argh! I can't pick one!

Then again, I'm super-niche. I like the X-Men 2099 more than the Fantastic Four, or almost any Avengers lineup.

My favorite overall is definitely The Fantastic Four, especially when a writer is firing on all cylinders with this group. The problem is historically, there are more misses with them than hits. As a poster stated above and I agree with, I think this is Lee's strongest work.

As a 90s kid I liked the X-Men cartoon but I have never been able to get into X-Men comics.

Never really read the Avengers until the movie came back and since then I have gone back and enjoyed many stories. So I would probably place them third behind................

THE DEFENDERS! Having just recently discovered this gem of a series this group is my runner up.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm going to with Runaways. If I hadn't picked up that series on a whim, comics probably would have been more of a passing hobby for me. On the poll let's go with the X-Men, it's rarely all that great but it's the only Marvel franchise I can't help but pay some attention to. Even when I'm not reading any superhero comics at the time.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Mighty Member

Fantastic Four, because I don't love all of these characters separately, but together I think they're...great. I feel like they make each other better and more interesting and The Fantastic Four as a group has more depth together than a lot of these characters have apart. Most other teams are quite the opposite, all the major development are usually in the solo titles. Because you're juggling so many characters not everyone gets to show any depth, there is often very little depth in the relationships themselves to the point where the established relationships won't matter in the next run, and when it is referenced that x and y worked together or know each other in other books or in successor titles it is done is a very generic way. Where as in real life, you'd have references and in jokes, and specific mostly consistent dynamics. It isn't necessary for a team. I think we've all worked on teams where it was strictly business, strictly solving problems, supporting each other in a very vanilla way, but that's not fun to read to me. That's not why I read a team book. I read a team book because x character is in that book, and x writer is in control of x character. Fantastic Four, I read because of the team. I read specifically to see these character together as a group.