View Poll Results: Your Favorite Green Lantern Of All Time?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

21 15.91%
  • Guy Gardner

12 9.09%
  • Hal Jordan

61 46.21%
  • Kyle Raynor

20 15.15%
  • Simon Baz

0 0%
  • Jessica Cruz

11 8.33%
  • Kilowog

1 0.76%
  • Jade

3 2.27%
  • Arisia

0 0%
  • Boodikka

0 0%
  • Sinestro

0 0%
  • Mogo

1 0.76%
  • Sodam Yat

2 1.52%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't know *why* Alan Scott isn't an option, he really should be but I've been a fan of Kilowog's since the just post CRISIS GREEN LANTERN CORPS series (#201-224 that series lasted for).

Kilowog's reaction to the Soviet Union was and is intriguing IMHO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Amazing how you can have a dozen Green Lanterns co-existing - including at least six Earth Lanterns - but having Wally West and Barry Allen both as the Flash is apparently impossible.
    I think that has to do with the concept. Very early on, it was set up that Hal Jordan is a part of a larger Corps, so having multiple Green Lanterns works a lot cleaner than having two guys running around on the same Earth calling themselves THE Flash, which I don't even think is a great idea, despite liking Wally West. And even then, I don't believe the multiple Green Lanterns coexist well together. They coexist, but I wouldn't call it good. Most, or at least half of them are in comic book limbo, and even the fans of the ones who aren't are always whining about the same old stuff, which is most often linked to the problems that having so many GL's creates.

---

About the topic question, I don't know. I don't think I have a particular favorite Green Lantern (thus, I didn't vote), but I do know I like Baz, Cruz, the Far Sector character, and Teen Lantern the least, due in large part to these characters pushing an already very strained situation (see my above comment) well beyond the bursting point, and for no good reason that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I think that has to do with the concept. Very early on, it was set up that Hal Jordan is a part of a larger Corps, so having multiple Green Lanterns works a lot cleaner than having two guys running around on the same Earth calling themselves THE Flash, which I don't even think is a great idea, despite liking Wally West. And even then, I don't believe the multiple Green Lanterns coexist well together. They coexist, but I wouldn't call it good. Most, or at least half of them are in comic book limbo, and even the fans of the ones who aren't are always whining about the same old stuff, which is most often linked to the problems that having so many GL's creates.

---

About the topic question, I don't know. I don't think I have a particular favorite Green Lantern (thus, I didn't vote), but I do know I like Baz, Cruz, the Far Sector character, and Teen Lantern the least, due in large part to these characters pushing an already very strained situation (see my above comment) well beyond the bursting point, and for no good reason that I can see.
    Hal, John and Jessica. Only Lanterns we need, seems like DC agrees with me.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I debated on whether or not to include him, but I chose not to because he's not an actual GL from the Corps.
    I’m sure you could’ve gotten away with putting him there just the same. lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I debated on whether or not to include him, but I chose not to because he's not an actual GL from the Corps.
    Has the bit about Alan Scott being the product of the Guardians’ first attempt at Green Lanterns been lost in continuity?
    That being said, beyond flyboy rogue Hal Jordan and military man (animated version) John Stewart, JADE-and by extension Obsidian, are my faves of the Lanterns.
    I cut my comics teeth on INFINITY INC.

Mr. Hal Jordan.
    images.jpeg

BANNED

The one and only Kyle rayner.

IMG_20200424_174238.jpg

Hal Jordan is my favourite and his Green Lantern is my favourite comic book hero...
    However, not having the ORIGINAL Green Lantern on this list, kind of makes it null and void.

Incredible Member

I gotta go John Stewart.

Since the 70s I have always thought John was the better choice.

Hal Jordan without a doubt. Simon Baz comes in close second with Jessica Cruz / Guy Gardner rounding out third place.

Mighty Member

Hal Jordan

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Jessica "The Anxiety Lantern" Cruz is my fav. Using the ring's connection to the users emotion as a narrative tool to explore trauma and such is a genius idea that I wish GL would use more.

Also Sojourner solely for having cool glasses instead of a domino mask *in space*.

Ultimate Member

Jo 'Far Sector' Mullein is inching up there, but so far John and Kyle and Alan and Rond Vidar remain my favorites! (I picked Kyle as 'the one,' but I am fickle, and could waffle between those choices!)

Well, other than Rot Lop Fan, obvs.

All-New Member

Hal Jordan
    Jessica Cruz

Another favorite, no one seems to remember Legends of the DC Universe: José Hernandez the Green lantern of (Earth-D)
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2020 at 07:31 PM.