Take my hand
    Come back to the land
    Let's get away
    Just for one day

Let me see you
    Stripped down to the bone
    Let me see you
    Stripped down to the bone

In this case, stripping the title block does almost nothing to impair the cover art:

When I was growing up, my best friend had a whole bunch of comics in this state (mostly Australian reprints). His father worked at the paper mill, and would sometimes salvage these books from the bins of scrap paper that came in to be pulped.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

going back to the days buying comics in bags of 4 for 50 cents

These were being offered for sale in a batch on Heritage

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-10-2020 at 09:57 AM.

This week's challenge is quite the twist.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Javasaurus; 05-08-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

This topic reminds me of my dumpster diving days. Bookstores were required to rip the cover off of magazines before putting them in the dumpster.

Old blue eyes (monster version):

Original, of course:
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I worked at a bookstore once as Assistant Manager. Whenever paperback books or magazines were removed either for being out fo date or because they weren't selling and room was needed for new inventory, we'd have to tear off the covers before getting rid of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I worked at a bookstore once as Assistant Manager. Whenever paperback books or magazines were removed either for being out fo date or because they weren't selling and room was needed for new inventory, we'd have to tear off the covers before getting rid of them.
    When I was helping to set up a "Books-A-Million" we were doing that to some books that were partially damaged and I got scolded for carelessly tossing them into a box. I'm like-- "WE'RE RETURNING THEM" Bah!

OK, it was between this and my cutting up a copy of the Frogmen. And there is no way I could ever stoop to destroying a funny book.

Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 05-10-2020 at 06:58 AM.

You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

wow, this one was difficult. But I decided to go for the classic Amazing Fantasy 15.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Because:

1) Every week needs some tangential discussion, and
    2) I'm curious:

Are these pictures people are finding online, or are you taking pictures of your own books, as I did this week? If these are your own books, then how do you make the pictures show up full-size?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Because:

2) I'm curious:

Are these pictures people are finding online, or are you taking pictures of your own books, as I did this week? If these are your own books, then how do you make the pictures show up full-size?
    I found my cover entry on ebay.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Because:

2) I'm curious:

I found mine using a google image search on remaindered comics, however, when I do take pics of my own to post online, I use an image hosting sight rather than posting them direct from a device/camera and they all come out "full-size" when I post them to message boards and the like. Currently I use Imgur, and I haven't had any issues doing it that way in the couple of years I have used (just don't ask about the Photobucket fiasco from a few years ago that led me to switch to Imgur).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I found mine from an image search. It was originally posted in a discussion forum at CGC Comics.

I used to have some stripped comics in my collection, but I got rid of them years ago.

I found mine by perusing Google, as I said earlier, I was looking for different ones until I stumbled upon that weird gem.

Because:

2) I'm curious:

I always upload to the server. The key to avoid the thumbnail effect is to attach the picture but without using the inline embed code.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])