View Poll Results: Which is your Favorite?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bruce x Dick

57 40.14%
  • Dick x Damian

53 37.32%
  • Bruce x Tim

20 14.08%
  • Bruce x Jason

3 2.11%
  • Bruce x Steph

2 1.41%
  • Bruce x Damian

5 3.52%
  • Bruce x Carrie

2 1.41%
  • Jean Paul x Tim

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Best Dynamic Duo!

The title says it all. Which combination of Batman and Robin do you feel is, or was the best? For me it goes as followed;

1. Bruce and Dick

What's not to love about this combo? The contrast between Grayson and Bruce is what made this dynamic so great. It for me is still the gold standard for what Batman and Robin should mean to one another. Without this you can't have any of the others.

2. Dick and Damian

Then we have my second pick. This ended way too soon. I would have loved a couple more years of seeing these two paired together as the Dynamic Duo. The interactions between the two was golden. And seeing Damian's growth during their time together was a pleasure to follow.

3. Bruce and Tim

While not as flashy or as entertaining as the two above. I feel the Bruce x Tim combination made for one of the most solid dynamics. These two worked so well together. While they may have had their disagreements from time to time, it was never hard pressed for the two to find equal ground.

4. Bruce and Jason

There is so much I can say about this pair. Many have said in the past Tim was the most like Bruce, but I feel an argument can be made for Jason. Like Bruce, at the core of what drove Jason at first was an anger within. I loved watching Bruce train this kid who was so much like him, yet.. so different. Here you had a man who came from a rich family, while you have this boy who was basically from the opposite side of the spectrum paired together. Unfortunately this was cut short. I always wondered what kind of man Jason would have become had he not been killed off.

5. Bruce and Stephanie

Like the one above this was cut too short. For how short it was I really felt the dynamic between Bruce and Stephanie had potential. Their contrast in personalities could have made for great entertainment. Here you have the worlds greatest detective, a highly formidable fighter, and super informative in several other fields. Then you have Stephanie, probably the most underqualified person to ever take up the Robin mantle. One can only wonder how good she would have become over time had her time lasted longer.

6. Bruce and Damian

The father and son combo. While I do enjoy some heart to heart moments with these two, it lacks spark that most of the others have. Having Damian paired with Bruce is like ordering a hot chocolate fudge sundae to go with a glass of chocolate milk. Too much alike to generate a needed fire on a cold night.

7. Bruce and Carrie Kelly

I enjoyed this duo for what it was. But I never came to like it as much as any of the others above.

8. Jean Paul Valley and Tim

Lol. This is not what you would want from your Batman and Robin if you're a citizen of Gotham. This dynamic was dysfunctional from top to bottom, even if Drake tried to make it work.

So for all of you out there, which are your top three Dynamic Duo combinations that have existed throughout the years?

Bonus question; Which Dynamic Duo team do you think would make for an interesting pair that has never happened?

For me; Tim x Damian (for obvious reasons), Dick x Steph (that would be something to see), Jason x Damian (a lot of pain and broken bones) probably some Bataffleck type stuff, hahah.

Dick was created to be a complementary character to Bruce; everybody else was created to fill his shoes (or should I say pixie-boots!)

I never read Stephanie Brown's run as Robin, but from how I've heard it ended, I wouldn't consider it a good relationship in the slightest.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 08-12-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think each Dynamic Duo pairing has their own, strong, appeals and chemistry, even the ones cut short or could've standed more development, but for me it'll always be Bruce and Dick, with Bruce/Tim and Dick/Damian being tied for second place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I never read Stephanie Brown's run as Robin, but from how I've heard it ended, I wouldn't consider it a good relationship in the slightest.
    It was actually fairly sweet, batman was friendly and actually opened up to steph once or twice. She worked really well as that daughter whose father is a bit too proud and protective of. Drew something out of bruce that i wasnt sure the character was capable of. The problem was that bruce is fairly pragmatic and understood that steph just doesnt listen on the battlefield, which on top of her inexperience will get herself and probably even him killed.

As for the best dynamic duo, i think a Dick x Tim is a great inversion of the roles and something i wish was explored.

I grew up in the days of Bruce and Dick (when Dick was still transitioning from "Boy Wonder" to "Teen Wonder"), but I have to admit the Dick and Damian duo was really a nice contrast and fun to read.

BANNED

It's got to be Dick. even though I actually preferred Jason as Robin and Dick on his own as Nightwing, I feel the partnership is strongest between the original pairing.

Had to go Bruce and Dick but agree with other comments - I did like the Dick/Damian pairing as well.

Now if only the poll had included Babs & Dick . . . the Dynamite Duo!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bruce & Dick > Dick & Damian >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest.

Midnighter and Nightwing
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Imo the two bests are:

Bruce and pre-crisis Jason: imo the best written version of a classic Batman-Robin dynamic, and how you should write the Bruce and Dick team

Bruce and DCAU-Tim: imo the best written version of Batman together with "modern" edgier and brattier Robin, and how you should write the Bruce and (post crisis) Jason team

I also like Bruce with the darker Jason (Starlins Run, and Millers Last Crusade) but thats imo something that only works for a few stories, while the other work for a long running ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bruce & Dick > Dick & Damian >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest.
    This is the correct answer , if you don't agree you don't know Dick.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    This is the correct answer , if you don't agree you don't know Dick.
    This phrase is the best gift Grayson ever gave us.

Definitely Bruce & Dick 1st and then Bruce & Tim for a solid 2nd.

I can't stand Damain, but he was tolerable when he was paired with Dick.

Everyone else...not even close.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Bruce x Tim