Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    No doubt, Revenge of the Sinister Six:



    Doc Ock seemed really on point throughout that storyline. He unites all of Spider-Man's villains and for most of the storyline kicks the crap out of Spider-Man and any other hero that gets in his way. He looked pretty cool with his white dress suit and adamantium arms!
    He was pretty damn brutal in this one, too, considering he went into another dimension, stole that dimension's advanced weaponry, tested said weaponry out by massacring a given total of 143,000 inhabitants of said dimension, and then came back to this one and went on to rack up a serious body count.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He was pretty damn brutal in this one, too, considering he went into another dimension, stole that dimension's advanced weaponry, tested said weaponry out by massacring a given total of 143,000 inhabitants of said dimension, and then came back to this one and went on to rack up a serious body count.
    Obituary for Octopus from Spider-Man Unlimited #3. This story really humanized Otto and showed that he did have a heroic side to him( though of course, the methods of his actions are in contrast to his motivation. And no doubt this story help lay the groundwork for his time as the superior spider-man.

  3. #18
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Obituary for Octopus from Spider-Man Unlimited #3. This story really humanized Otto and showed that he did have a heroic side to him( though of course, the methods of his actions are in contrast to his motivation. And no doubt this story help lay the groundwork for his time as the superior spider-man.
    Indeed, and it was even addressed in Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #11-12, albeit in a way I didn't necessarily like.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Amazing Spider-Man #113-#115.
    The first appearance of Hammerhead.
    amazing spider-man 113 dr octopus.jpg

  5. #20
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    great issue. didn't realize the story continued beyond that one issue. marvel needs to compile that.
    Absolutely. It's a crime that Marvel hasn't collected The Owl/Octopus War or The Harry Osborn Saga.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Mystery View Post
    Absolutely. It's a crime that Marvel hasn't collected The Owl/Octopus War or The Harry Osborn Saga.
    I wonder why. Both have been collected in Spain and I guess in other countries of Europe where Panini operates. One would think that if there's a market for those stories in other countries, it certainly would be one too in the US, where superheroes are more popular in comparison with the rest of the world. At least they appear to be, as far as I know, Panini doesn't release info about sales to the public. Well, the Owl/Octopus was put with other stories from Spectacular Spider-Man, as in Spain Panini has developed a pretty great chronological collection of Spidey stories. Child Within was collected last year and maybe the rest of the stories dealing with Harry Osborn's arc under Dematteis's writing will eventually be published sooner or later
    Last edited by Chubistian; 05-07-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •